Deep thinkers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
The off season is boring, so who is up for a little brain work? Time to get the old grey matter bubbling with a couple of questions that may require a lot more thought than they first seem. Try not to ask professor google. Use your own experience, thoughts and personal insight to answer. Good luck! :)

Question - How do you know when you're right about something?

Well....my dad once told me that when you're right about something...you can tell as everyone wants to take credit for it.

So embrace your mistakes...they're the only things you can truly call your own.

Is it a general consensus thing? Could it come down to the old herd mentality, as in, if everyone else thinks it's right then it must be? Is something right because you really want it to be right, or because it fits your agenda? Does it boil down to the perceived view that if there is an overwhelming stack of evidence that supports your view, you must be right?

So I guess the answer lies within the source of your evidence. And how much you truly trust, or maybe shouldn't trust, that source (be that the media, the government, medicos etc), which inevitably proves that @globaleagle is right in believing his dad's words of wisdom. Unless it is directly related to yourself, you can't comfortably claim to be right about anything.

So, if you can't truly claim to be right about anything that is not directly related to yourself, how silly is it to make an even more ridiculous assumption that someone else is wrong in their opinion? Maybe not. If we are willing to accept that we may not know what is right in any given situation that we are not personally involved in, then we may be doing that other person a great justice by letting them know they are wrong in their belief that they are right.

Unless of course, they are telling you about themselves. lol

Last edited:
Knowledge: - Understanding your question.

Intelligence: - Limiting myself to one D&M question per day!

Laws of science are laws until they are proven to be false. Further to the truth question does thruh exisist outside of language? I mean you cant mail some truth to someone.

Knowledge is so readily available and easily acquired these days. Anyone with access to the internet can research anything they wish at the click of a button. Knowledge is no longer the sacred domain of the educated or experienced.

Intelligence is the ability to retain and draw upon the acquired knowledge when needed, and express your thoughts and understandings in such a way that all and sundry can appreciate.

What is truth? That's a very good question @manlyfan76 I don't think that truth is bound by language. If an Eskimo tells me, in an ancient dialect that I can't fathom, that the ice is cold, my inability to understand his spoken word does not mean the ice isn't cold. He is speaking the truth.

The off season is boring, so who is up for a little brain work? Time to get the old grey matter bubbling with a couple of questions that may require a lot more thought than they first seem. Try not to ask professor google. Use your own experience, thoughts and personal insight to answer. Good luck! :)

Question - How do you know when you're right about something?
I dont understand the question, I am always right

Well....my dad once told me that when you're right about something...you can tell as everyone wants to take credit for it.

So embrace your mistakes...they're the only things you can truly call your own.
Just reading this thread for the first time.
Dead bodies, the old man was obsessed by them.....every story started the same, bodies everywhere.....I was a pacifist from a young age.

Laws of science are laws until they are proven to be false. Further to the truth question does thruh exisist outside of language? I mean you cant mail some truth to someone.

A law in science does not become a law until proven to be true.

With regard to a general view or concensus, Ironside said when advised that the majority of scientists disagreed with his general principle of relativity "you do not need a concensus to prove me wrong, you just need one fact"

With regard to a general view or concensus, Ironside said when advised that the majority of scientists disagreed with his general principle of relativity "you do not need a concensus to prove me wrong, you just need one fact"
The amature philosopher in me has a problem with your view on how something that is not can be something before it is.

And unusual tattoos. The old man used to say to me " Son , I got these done with a rusty fish hook in Shanghai. When you've done that all logic goes down the toilet.

The amature philosopher in me has a problem with your view on how something that is not can be something before it is.

Because we are not dealing with physical matter just the principles governing there behaviour. Before it is "considered a law it is simply an hypothesis.

Because we are not dealing with physical matter just the principles governing there behaviour. Before it is "considered a law it is simply an hypothesis.
And not a law? Then my statement stands true because to be a law it must be proven.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2