Dean Matterson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Haven't read the article yet but surely it mentions that Matterson has the mythical 'Manly mentality'!
I'm happy if we sign a solid core of blokes with that attitude, the Crokers, Parkers, Arthur, all the Trbojevics, and add class around them.
Not a giant as a forward, but Matterson also covers backs, bit of a late bloomer but no reason he can't keep developing. Good thinking to extend his deal.

Needs to increase his leg speed, intensity and aggression ( so does half the team thou). Seems similar in height to Choc, maybe a bit taller.
Too passive at the moment.

Haven't read the article yet but surely it mentions that Matterson has the mythical 'Manly mentality'!
I'm happy if we sign a solid core of blokes with that attitude, the Crokers, Parkers, Arthur, all the Trbojevics, and add class around them.
Not a giant as a forward, but Matterson also covers backs, bit of a late bloomer but no reason he can't keep developing. Good thinking to extend his deal.

SEA EAGLES

Dean Matterson.
The younger brother of Eels star Dean Matterson was rewarded for his form in New South Wales Cup with a train-and-trial before earning an NRL debut in Round 20 — and celebrating it with a try. Matterson’s versatility in reserve grade caught the attention of head coach Anthony Seibold and he showed enough consistency — and promise) to earn a two-year Top 30 deal. He’s now in a position to fight for the bench utility role next season. There’s also Gordon Chan Kum Tong, who made a name for himself in the pre-season trials. The pint-sized hooker made his NRL debut off the bench in Round 26 and retained his spot the following week. Chan Kum Tong made his international debut for Samoa in the Pacific Championships and is primed for a bigger and better 2024.

Slim pickings when Matto and Gordie are your breakout stars of the season considering they had 9 bench appearences between them.

Slim pickings when Matto and Gordie are your breakout stars of the season considering they had 9 bench appearences between them.
I know he played the year before but Koula would have to be the breakout star for us this year. Those last couple of games at fullback were special

Matterson and Arthur will be fighting it out for that possible last bench spot, but it all depends on which way Siebold wants to go with the bench makup.

Probably not much difference with the general rating of the main squad taking into account that guys like Zac Fulton and Condon were included this season and would suggest that Matterson on present indications has a bit more going for him then those pair .
Probably will just have to work on his strength level a bit as the rigors of defensive requirements at i st grade are obviously a bit more demanding then the lower grades .
Not something that Matterson has not already been aware of however . Has that good turn of speed so that should definitely be in his favor .
Tend to think and the full squad available , Gordy one bench spot , two middles and maybe Burbo with Shu and Haumole as starting edges . Matterson and Arther could still come into contention as bench options as always some variables that come into play .

Matterson and Arthur will be fighting it out for that possible last bench spot, but it all depends on which way Siebold wants to go with the bench makup.
Personally I think the bench will be pretty set at

14.Gordie
15.Aloiai/Toff
16.Bullemor
17.Schuster/B Trbojevic

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11