DCE signs with Titans:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He re-upped last year. So by the time his new deal runs out, DCE's two guaranteed years will be up and he'll be ditching the Goldie for the new highest bidder (probably poor old St George or someone equally as sad like maybe us haha)

You're assuming they'll hold to their contracts and not get "home sick" or some sh*t ;)

You're assuming they'll hold to their contracts and not get "home sick" or some sh*t ;)
Haha if Buhrer gets home sick he'd have to move to Blacktown! Can't see that happening, but if it does he may take JSL back there too!

This is great news. I can smell another premiership already. I don't think we would win another premiership with DCE. He's past his use by date with Manly. By the end of this year he will have been our halfback for 5 years, which is longer than our previous 2. He's not as good as he used to be and isn't worth the money. Both him and Foran are demanding too much money and are too divisive to keep in the club, as was Watmough. It's better to let them all go and rebuild with new halves. We still have loads of experience and good young players. The dynasty isn't over. This is just the next evolution.

We won a GF 40 - 0 with Lyon at 5/8. With guys like Gutherson, Williams and co. available we could slot Jamie there without issue imo.

Sounds good to me. And move Hiku to centre where he is already playing anyway. JLJ to halfback and Wolfman to wing. Looks like a solid team to me.

What I would like to know is that how could the Titans be trading insolvent yet still offering an all time record amount contract for DCE.(he will be the highest paid now, wont he>?).

Then the directors who knew of their insolvency were rewarded with a new job with a new shareholder. Company directors who trade whilst insolvent are fined and/or jailed and not allowed to hold a directorship again.

Then they up the amount of what they can offer with further support of the NRL and the 3rd party deals that we will never know about. It gives the Titans an unfair advantage over all opposition teams. Had the Titans been placed into administration they would have been given the chance to trade out of their issues, by tightening their belt and cutting costs like every other corporate in Australia have to do when in the same position. It just doesn't get fixed up overnight like this fiasco has.

The Titans have been rewarded for poor management and given an armchair ride to do whatever they want and its illegal and morally wrong by 2D1cks Smith and his "independent" commission.

Another great crowd for the Titans. Lots of loyal supporters.
How many have turned up (not watching)?? I mentioned in another thread there was just one radio station giving a way tickets at a ridiculous rate yesterday..

What I would like to know is that how could the Titans be trading insolvent yet still offering an all time record amount contract for DCE.(he will be the highest paid now, wont he>?).

Then the directors who knew of their insolvency were rewarded with a new job with a new shareholder. Company directors who trade whilst insolvent are fined and/or jailed and not allowed to hold a directorship again.

Then they up the amount of what they can offer with further support of the NRL and the 3rd party deals that we will never know about. It gives the Titans an unfair advantage over all opposition teams. Had the Titans been placed into administration they would have been given the chance to trade out of their issues, by tightening their belt and cutting costs like every other corporate in Australia have to do when in the same position. It just doesn't get fixed up overnight like this fiasco has.

The Titans have been rewarded for poor management and given an armchair ride to do whatever they want and its illegal and morally wrong by 2D1cks Smith and his "independent" commission.

Contracts are gauranteed by the NRL, so their financial position does not relate at all to their ability to offer contracts to players.

Contracts are gauranteed by the NRL, so their financial position does not relate at all to their ability to offer contracts to players.
Yes but they still have to be in a financial position to pay those contracts, wages, salaries and suppliers, which the Titans weren't when they made their initial push for DCE.
You cant trade when insolvent and the directors must know, that's part of their role.

Yes but they still have to be in a financial position to pay those contracts, wages, salaries and suppliers, which the Titans weren't when they made their initial push for DCE.
You cant trade when insolvent and the directors must know, that's part of their role.

Are you saying the Titans were trading insolvent ?

You keep referring to "normal" and "legal" business practices, as practiced by all registered companies Australia wide. This is the NRL. You've got a guy like TODF FRIKKEN GREENTURD running it. There's nothing normal about it, and until these crooks GTFO there never will be..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8