1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DCE much better this game.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by torana355, Mar 20, 2011.

1. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    I think DCE is much better after just one game, his kicking was quite good and his skills are starting too show. I think he needs to bulk up a little but that will happen with age.

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    another good thing was the FG from DCE at the end about nearly 40 out and didnt even look like missing

3. torana355

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Yeah i enjoyed that, the one thing that Dogkinson could do was slot a FG and its good to see DCE is also up to the task.

4. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Thought his kicking game was good, better then anything Hodkinson provided

5. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    The win was in the bag though, no pressure. If only they were all like that.

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    For a 2nd game - excellent - a long way to go though.

7. TokyoEagle

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    Our kicking game was OK today, some good, some not so good. If we are looking for distance we need to try and find space and not kick down the oppositions throat, Roosters made huge yards in the 1st half with their kicking game, we are lucky they dropped so much ball. We took the wrong options at times during the last 20 protecting a lead, field position,field position,field position.

8. torana355

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    I think that goes without saying, im just saying he has settled in well after last weeks poor game. I look forward to see him improve over the season.

9. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Much better, but also in his favor was the pack stood up a lot better than last week...

10. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Yep much better game.  Took too long to get into the game last week but was in it from the get go.  Hard to be nervous when you're always involved which he was today.

11. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    yeah he and Foran played more halves roles this week, injury permitted a lot more than last week

12. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    CDE's kicking game in the 2nd half was the best I've seen from Manly in ages.

13. TokyoEagle

Ratings:
    +265 / 4

Don't think that is saying much.
    The kick that went dead out of dummy half seemed a bit rushed and would have been a much better result if we had put pressure on the Roosters. There was another time when we should have been looking for touch and getting our defensive structure set instead of keeping the ball in general play.
    This experience will come with more game time and the guidance of our veterans who were missing today.

14. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Dude wtf? How can that kick go right when his jersey is being pulled on?

15. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,713 / 257
    I thought DCE's was good too!

16. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I was wondering if the kick that went dead from DCE was a field goal attempt that went wrong as he looked unbalanced when he kicked the thing.  Anyway the scrum base on Sunday looked immeasurably more poised and settled than a week prior.  I don't think DCE had such a poor game in Melbourne, it's just that he was up against league's best in Smith and Cronk.  And as Fro said, the pack stood up this week.  For some reason they were poor in Melbourne.  Maybe a few of the 'old' hands were overawed.  

17. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16

Don't think that is saying much.
    The kick that went dead out of dummy half seemed a bit rushed and would have been a much better result if we had put pressure on the Roosters. There was another time when we should have been looking for touch and getting our defensive structure set instead of keeping the ball in general play.
    This experience will come with more game time and the guidance of our veterans who were missing today.
    [/quote]

This was his 2nd game and I still believe it's Manly's best kicking game in that second half in ages even with that minor kick that you whinge about. Hodkinson's kicking game was nowhere near as good as DCE's and his long kicking game is better than OX's.

18. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,713 / 257
    Although DSM when you see how the Storm went against the Tits last weekend maybe our pefromance wasn't so bad after all??

I thought DCE did reasonably well in Melbourne (for his very first game), and yesterday he had a nervous start but by the second half he was steaming ahead.

I can only see good times ahead if we build the team around these two...we probably are really short of a big mobile front rower, like Schillington / Lars from Canberra oh and maybe another good centre as the two we have now are either injury prone suspension prone (or both).

But otherwise I think we are well placed for 2012 and beyond.

19. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Mark, I'm very optimistic about 2012 and beyond.  I haven't written off this season because of Melbourne either.  I too thought we could/should have won against the Storm, but for poor handling and that stupid King penalty.  I don't rate the Titans away from home but I do see that our performance down there was better than it looked from the stands.  I thought Choc had a mighty game on Sunday along with DCE and shaded Foran as mom.  He did all the little things well, scored a mighty strong try and held on to all his passes, no penalties (maybe one).  Terrific really.     

20. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,157 / 26
    The kick where he looked unbalanced was because a rooster had a hold of him from behind and was trying to drag him down!

So far that's the only criticism I have of his kicking game. That is, he seems to be under too much pressure from the opposition when he goes to kick. I saw it a lot against the Storm and I saw it again yesterday. I few wise words from Des should fix the problem.