DCE & Green - Numbers on their back.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Evo

Capt Goodvibe
Just for discussion,

After watching all games in Round 1, and Manly game twice, made me wonder whether Green & DCE are in the wrong numbers.

At 7 McCrone distributed & took the team around the park allowing Widdop to run & attack
At 7 Pearce distributed & took the team around the park allowing Keary to run & attack
At 7 Hunt distributed & took the team around the park allowing Milford to run & attack
At 7 Thurston distributed & took the team around the park allowing Morgan to run & attack
At 7 Norman distributed & took the team around the park allowing Gutho to run & attack

The 6's above all have good running games. DCE has an excellent support/running game. He hasn't really displayed this since the general of the team, Foran, left. Made a good line break at the weekend from dumb half.

I wouldn't mind seeing
Green / Cullen distributing & taking the team around the park, allowing DCE more freedom to run & attack.

I'm not convinced he is the "General" style player to lead the team around the park from halfback.

I've actually thought that he is better suited to 5/8 for the last 18 months or so. He is much better at second receiver when he can read the game a little more and play free. He can play both positions well, just think the scheme needs to change to give him more time and space as a second receiver.

Just for discussion,

After watching all games in Round 1, and Manly game twice, made me wonder whether Green & DCE are in the wrong numbers.

At 7 McCrone distributed & took the team around the park allowing Widdop to run & attack
At 7 Pearce distributed & took the team around the park allowing Keary to run & attack
At 7 Hunt distributed & took the team around the park allowing Milford to run & attack
At 7 Thurston distributed & took the team around the park allowing Morgan to run & attack
At 7 Norman distributed & took the team around the park allowing Gutho to run & attack

The 6's above all have good running games. DCE has an excellent support/running game. He hasn't really displayed this since the general of the team, Foran, left. Made a good line break at the weekend from dumb half.

I wouldn't mind seeing
Green / Cullen distributing & taking the team around the park, allowing DCE more freedom to run & attack.

I'm not convinced he is the "General" style player to lead the team around the park from halfback.
This is what they are doing now anyway. Green has come out and said that directing the team is more his role and DCE can play what he sees and run more.

Numbers on their back don't mean **** these days
But the way they play does. Chez is no halfback, never has been. He's always played like a running 5/8, struggles as an orchestrator...big time! Foz was always the better & more consistent player. Green's an average player with a good kicking game. I'd like to see Cullen @ 5/8. Problem is, I'd also have Hastings in the side, but he's better suited to playing in the halves.
6.Hastings
7.DCE
9.Cullen
Green looks overweight & slow. Ideally, I'd bring back Foran, he smokes them all.

But the way they play does. Chez is no halfback, never has been. He's always played like a running 5/8, struggles as an orchestrator...big time! Foz was always the better & more consistent player. Green's an average player with a good kicking game. I'd like to see Cullen @ 5/8. Problem is, I'd also have Hastings in the side, but he's better suited to playing in the halves.
6.Hastings
7.DCE
9.Cullen
Green looks overweight & slow. Ideally, I'd bring back Foran, he smokes them all.
I was just about to suggest the same 6, 7 and 9. This is what i see long term over the next few years.

As above
Green lacks pace to take genuine heat off DCE...passing reasonable, not great...a solid assistant - not a general.
I think the bloke who can really lift the side with genuine enthusiasm and has the quality to add far more is Hastings....a bit of unpredictability, offers all attributes of a modern half and is fiery and upbeat....while Green is composed - not too inspiring.

Don't we/they all...can't hold that against him. He doesn't even come close to worst of the old Manly clique. One of the nicest people you could meet though.

Numbers don't matter but if dce doesn't start running the ball or taking control bring in hastings.
He will

Like he did at the roosters when he didn't win a game playing half!Even with their injuries last year they still had a side similar to our standard at the moment so not sure where the confidence comes from.

Amazing how we rewrite history if he pulls on the maroon and white. He has good basic skills but couldn't run a choko vine over a ****house door at halfback.

I would be giving him a go at 9 if Cullen doesn't measure up and Barrett realizes how bad Korisau is.Good kick and pass on him and great goal kicker.Worth a shot.

Don't think he can run the game for us but at least will hit a few guys on the chest with the football.

I wouldn't write Hastings off either. He comes in the side for his first full year in first grade, has no Mitch Pearce, no James Maloney - he suddenly has to run the team with no recognised halves partner. He also has to do it with a depleted pack which got beaten almost every week - no JWH, no Cordner etc. Tough gig for any half, let alone a rookie.

Stats are stats. Watching the game itself the roosters were directionless and he consistently took wrong options when tries were on.

What is far more relevant is the Roosters dispatched him to Wyong for good while Cleary had the Panthers finishing the season in great form.

And all this bad boy stuff wasn't the reason. They just didn't like what they saw and no one else but us did either.He was hardly in demand until we threw a lifeline.

Not as though the roosters don't mind running a bad boy around if he can play- Carney,Ferguson,Friend, Tetavano, Pearce etc

Happy to see him get a go at 9 but if he is the great hope for the halves then we are in strife.

Last edited:
Dce's mediocrity is amplified when he is not surrounded by a quality supporting cast.Sad but true.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8