1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

David Williams arrested after origin debut

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
  2. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Watching to many Werewolf movies again Mata  ;D

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For impersonating a football player.

4. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    He did score a good try over three players, so that's one positive.

5. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Hopefully this will deflate the ego and he can get back to scoring tries for us.

6. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I'm getting it deluxe at work today over his effort

7. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    Me too, although i'm copping it for all Manly players (seriously, nobody can argue against Choc)... and it's coming from a Tigers fan  ::)

8. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    farrah was worse than williams, most of his passes were at the feet or the heads of players, at least williams was good at times

9. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Farrah was just a joke. I said it before game 1 and I still stand by it. Farrah is a talented player but not an origin player.

Ennis is probably not as skilled as Farrah, but will be a great Origin player.

Some players are amazingly talented and possibly amongst the best in their positions, but just are not Origin players.

others are good players, even average players, but when they hit Origin they become truly great players at that level.

Look at how choc stood up, he has always had the makings of a great origin player and he stepped up big time last night. I would like to see him do it a few more times before I label him as a true Origin player, but it was definitely a top start

10. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,750 / 258
    Inglis is a good point in question

"Average" as a club player "superstar" as an Origin player!!

11. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Sure the Wolfman dropped some ball but don't forget he didn't miss the tackles that lead to the two tries.

Both teams played like S**thouse except that the QLD MORONS (and no I didn't spell it wrong) capitalised on NSW mistakes and converted them into points.

The only exciting part was that Barrett put his mirror down for 2 mins to belt Inglis across the cheek and when Poore belted Crocker, The whole stadium erupted into a spontaneous cheer.

12. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I didn't think Inglis deserved that broken jaw.  Especially from that cheap shot merchant Barrett.  I think that sort of crap stuff upsets your own rythm in fact.  I think it sort of smacks of, 'if we can't beat them we'll belt them'.  Hardens the opposition as well.   

13. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Wolfman was better than the Grub Crocker

Watmough and co absolutely towelled him up in the GF, and as soon as Watmough came on last night, Crocker kept dropping the ball, 2 due to Watmoughs presence

14. OneEyedEagle

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    It was the only bit of excitement that happen all night especially Crocker getting some of his own medicine.

15. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 1
    Just like it did for us in the 2007 Grand Final when they nailed B Stewart??? Not

16. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I said weeks ago that the Blues could kiss the trophy away if they picked Farah over Ennis. 

Hayne should be fullback too, not the Gidley clown.  He can't even give a decent post-match interview.

17. Pearso

Pearso Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Williams should stay, he got in and had ago which is more than you can say for some of them out there.  He made some poor mistakes but he kept putting his hand up and scored a good origin try.

Who said choc can't tackle, how many did he make when he came on. Didn't see him miss any either.

18. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I agree Ryno - some one like Wolfie is going to be made for SOO and if they stick with him they will be rewarded.

19. OneEyedEagle

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Spot on, he only dropped the pill twice and some are ready to crucify him. As I stated in a previous post, Wolfman may have put the maroons in their end of the field but he didn't miss the tackles that led to the try being scored. You could see how disappointed he was in himself and Killa going up to him and providing words of encouragement. He should be picked for SOO3.

Maybe I had beer goggles on but the Manly boy's weren't the worst out there, they may have not been the best either but certainly not the worst.