Crowds: NRL confused

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well to be there for that winning cheer was pretty special. Daytime footy at suburban grounds works fine, there were heaps of kids there, fantastic atmosphere.
The fools who thought giving up scheduling in return for some quick cash from TV stations have so much to answer for.

Brookie yesterday was just amazing. I took my 3 year old and 5 year old girls and they absolutely loved it. The atmosphere and the music was phenomenal.

There were thousands of kids there.

The grand finale was running on the ground afterwards. They want to go back every week now.

The nrl can get fcuked if they think there is no place for suburban grounds. The whole community on the northern beaches turns up on sunny afternoons.

When you get a dry day, a Sydney derby and a crowd of 12k or more at Brookvale or any of the other suburban grounds you get an atmosphere and tradition that the designer interstate one team towns can only dream of, yet the current administration are determined to expand the competition at the expense of the clubs who made the league what it is today!! Short sighted leadership that should be ensuring the health and sustainability of the existing clubs and ignoring the issues in the game so that a favoured few clubs get all the plaudits. Give me a Sydney derby any day. I will only watch Manly games and Sydney derbies now. So over the biased NRL that favours clubs that owe their existence to the clubs of this city!!

Screenshot_20190331-085754_Watch NRL.jpg

Not sure what you mean. Look at the atmosphere in this super stadium pic.

NRL crowd numbers will only go through roof with new ANZ Stadium, says Todd Greenberg

By Chris Barrett and Adam Pengilly
September 4, 2017 — 6.03pm

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg says the game's crowd numbers in Sydney are aligned to the quality of stadia and is adamant the only way they can go through the roof is with the transformation of ANZ Stadium into a world-class, purpose-built rectangular venue.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...dium-says-todd-greenberg-20170904-gyahon.html

The question must be asked - Has any sporting administrator ever been more fundamentally out of touch with his sport than Todd Greenberg?

They don't get it and they won't get it.
They'll dine out on the spike in attendances when the new gaol is open for business at doesntmatta and falsify the figures overall...

Has it been pointed out that Brookie had the biggest crowd for the three matches played yesterday?
ANZ has 70,000 vacant seats.
The Cowboys had a lot of vacant space and yet it was a special match for them, their 600th in the NRL.
Well done all those who attended Brookie yesterday.
Would you believe I had to attend a wedding and so watched it at a local club. I really should have left with 15 minutes to go, but pushed it for another 10 minutes.
So, I left thinking that Souffs would win. Hearing the Golden Point victory on the radio was gold - but I would have loved it even more if the wedding had been 30 minutes later!

Great atmosphere today another 3 or 4 thousand more would have topped it off. It was nice to see queues for tickets and to get in. Team keeps playing the way they are the crowds will come.

One for the tin hat wearrs ..... if 15,000 go to Brookie to watch a game instead of 10,000 at ANZ .... then that means that 5,000 less people are watching TV ... times 8 games ......

Therefore it is in the interests of TV and their lickspittle GreenTurd to get as few people to a game as possible .....

and we all thought it was just incompetence ....

The sell-out to TV pre-dates Greenberg, to be fair. He is merely the one who is determined to completely kill off suburban grounds. I really don't know why so many club leaders are taken in by this obviously flawed plan.

Rugby league's problem is there are too many who think the sun shines out of all things AFL & that is the only game they compare NRL to.

League is best played in the daytime, in a full house rectangular ground that holds 20K. Like Brookie, Leichardt, Penrith or those old grounds in England like Wigan & St Helens used to have.

Forget comparing NRL crowds to AFL. Don't take the bait of AFL fans and media by getting into a measuring contest with AFL. AFL is a open field sport like cricket or polo.

Compare NRL crowds to other sports best played in a confined space in front of fans that are right there in your face on the sidelines where you can feel & hear the hits.

I'm talking about boxing, basketball and ice hockey.

The most recent NBA season set a new record for highest average crowd. It was per game 17,987. Brookie and Manly are doing fine.

Rugby league's problem is there are too many who think the sun shines out of all things AFL & that is the only game they compare NRL to.

League is best played in the daytime, in a full house rectangular ground that holds 20K. Like Brookie, Leichardt, Penrith or those old grounds in England like Wigan & St Helens used to have.

Forget comparing NRL crowds to AFL. Don't take the bait of AFL fans and media by getting into a measuring contest with AFL. AFL is a open field sport like cricket or polo.

Compare NRL crowds to other sports best played in a confined space in front of fans that are right there in your face on the sidelines where you can feel & hear the hits.

I'm talking about boxing, basketball and ice hockey.

The most recent NBA season set a new record for highest average crowd. It was per game 17,987. Brookie and Manly are doing fine.
You are correct about comparing the NRL to AFL as the AFL is a true national competition and the AFL absolutely respects and nurtures the existing Melbourne clubs who are the foundation of the game. The NRL has much to learn in respect of tradition and it is not just about Easts and Souths its about the other 7 clubs who were part of the Sydney premiership that made the game so successful in this city!

The thing that ****s me is the lack of other team supporters that get to Brookie- there were **** all Souffs fans there yesterday and the morons complain about us not traveling.

At Leichhardt there were a stack of maroon and white across the crowd.

NRL crowd numbers will only go through roof with new ANZ Stadium, says Todd Greenberg

By Chris Barrett and Adam Pengilly
September 4, 2017 — 6.03pm

NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg says the game's crowd numbers in Sydney are aligned to the quality of stadia and is adamant the only way they can go through the roof is with the transformation of ANZ Stadium into a world-class, purpose-built rectangular venue.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...dium-says-todd-greenberg-20170904-gyahon.html

The question must be asked - Has any sporting administrator ever been more fundamentally out of touch with his sport than Todd Greenberg?

Greenberg also believes in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy. He really is damaging the game.

The thing that ****s me is the lack of other team supporters that get to Brookie- there were **** all Souffs fans there yesterday and the morons complain about us not traveling.

At Leichhardt there were a stack of maroon and white across the crowd.

Those supporters south of the Bridge 'don't like to travel'.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8