Crowd at Brookie for this Saturday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Eagles Nest 78

Reserve Grader
Crowd at Brookie for this Saturday (& could we get a sellout?)

Separate from the Pre-Game discussion thread. I thought I would start a thread on the Crowd at Brookie for this Saturday. Sounds like the Tickets sales are going well and encouraging people in buying GA tickets in advance, so there is no rush at the gates (from 5pm to 5.30pm) & more the fear it could be a sellout !!

You might still be able to buy tickets at the Gate on the day, but the advice is to buy in advance for obvious reasons! Manly Leagues Club has a TicketMaster office at the Club too!

Now can we repeat the Manly vs Melbourne crowd of 20,000+ at Brookie from 8 years ago “The battle of Brookie” (Friday 26 Aug 2011 with a crowd of 20,414 that night, lots standing on the hill that night - see a post a few down with photos that night). The only way to repeat that crowd is to get the majority of the crowd to stand on the Hill from 30 metre to other 30 metre line. The new pathways on the Hill with the Fencing seem too wide & bit of overkill, but must be modern OH&S requirements?

The Crowd might be 18,500 to 19,500 figure, but nice to crack the 20k figure again but standing on the middle of the hill will be required!

From Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook page:

General admission tickets are selling very fast through Ticketmaster for Saturday night's BLOCKBUSTER against the Melbourne Storm at Lottoland. Kick-off 5.30pm.

Tickets are also available at Manly Leagues Club.

Last edited:

Separate from the Pre-Game discussion thread. I thought I would start a thread on the Crowd at Brookie for this Saturday. Sounds like the Tickets sales are going well and encouraging people in buying GA tickets in advance, so there is no rush at the gates (from 5pm to 5.30pm) & more the fear it could be a sellout !!

You might still be able to buy tickets at the Gate on the day, but the advice is to buy in advance for obvious reasons! Manly Leagues Club has a TicketMaster office at the Club too!

Now can we repeat the Manly vs Melbourne crowd of 20,000+ at Brookie from 8 years ago “The battle of Brookie” (Friday 26 Aug 2011 with a crowd of 20,414 that night, lots standing on the hill that night). The only way to repeat that crowd is to get the majority of the crowds to stand on the Hill from 30 metre to other 30 metre line. The new pathways on the Hill with the Fencing seem too wide & bit of overkill, but must be modern OH&S requirements?

The Crowd might be 18,500 to 19,500 figure, but nice to crack the 20k figure again but standing on the middle of the hill will be required!

General admission tickets are selling very fast through Ticketmaster for Saturday night's BLOCKBUSTER against the Melbourne Storm at Lottoland. Kick-off 5.30pm.

Weather may hit this pretty hard. Forecast better now than it was on Monday - hoping for the best.

I hope the club are putting in extra facilities for food and beverage. The current facilities struggle once it gets past 12k. A couple of extra outlets are needed behind the hill!!

There seems to have been an issue with the 'cold pies, hot beer, not enough of either' scenario for many years. It seems to be a simple fix. Never fixing it makes me wonder if the companies involved also have ties to Sicilian waste management companies, ala the old show Sopranos would hint at.

Manly vs Melbourne Friday 26 Aug 2011 with a crowd of 20,414 that night. Photos showing how packed the Hill was and most standing during the game or at least for the fight !
upload_2019-8-28_12-8-12.png

upload_2019-8-28_12-8-26.png

upload_2019-8-28_12-8-51.png

Also highlights from game in 2011 on Youtube and can see the crowd

16.5K Rain is forecast and you never really see capacity crowds anymore which is such a shame. This game deserves a crowd of 20K plus!

Now can we repeat the Manly vs Melbourne crowd of 20,000+ at Brookie from 8 years ago “The battle of Brookie” (Friday 26 Aug 2011 with a crowd of 20,414 that night, lots standing on the hill that night - see a post a few down with photos that night). The only way to repeat that crowd is to get the majority of the crowd to stand on the Hill from 30 metre to other 30 metre line. The new pathways on the Hill with the Fencing seem too wide & bit of overkill, but must be modern OH&S requirements?

A real bugbear of mine ( and I've raised it before ) with regards to buying tickets in advance - THEY'RE DEARER than if I walk up and buy at the gate - so what's the incentive?
The face value should be cheaper so when you factor in the booking fee ( $7.25 ) they work out the same or better still, cheaper.

I'll be going on my GA members ticket so doesn't affect me but affects me pre-purchasing a kids ticket for my son - works out over $20 if I pre-pay rather than, what $13.00 at the gate?
My daughter will most likely be taking her partner so there's another booking fee if we don't buy them in the same transaction.

No biggie to some but doesn't really incentivise us to pre-book especially if there's a chance of crappy weather.

I live in a small sleepy seaside hamlet somewhere on the North Coast .... and have been told by 3 seperate people (8 all told) that they are travelling down to the game and have pre bought tickets .... make no mistake .. the faithful Manly fans are travelling from far and wide ..... it will be a bumber crowd ....

How the heck did we ever fit 28,000 in back in 1983???

Just lucky I managed reserved seats for the biggest crowd ever, but bloody Doesntmatta won the pricks!!

I live in a small sleepy seaside hamlet somewhere on the North Coast .... and have been told by 3 seperate people (8 all told) that they are travelling down to the game and have pre bought tickets .... make no mistake .. the faithful Manly fans are travelling from far and wide ..... it will be a bumber crowd ....

Probably a bumper crowd also!!

I am so excited for this atmosphere!!! Like I have said elsewhere, I was only 11 when the OG 'Battle of Brookvale' occurred, so 19 year old me is gonna soak up this packed house sooo much more!

Hope people get there early so there isn't too much congestion at the gates that means people miss the first 10-15 mins of the game!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8