Cronk on the Manly 2011 spine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Did anyone watch the Matty Johns podcast tonight and Cooper Cronk put the 2011 Manly spine in his top 3.

What I loved is that he basically said Glenn Stewart needs to be included in that. You could see the genuine respect he had for that side.

I've got to say he is one of very few Storm players I actually respected. The 2007 GF I always recall him going around all of the Manly players and offering his commiserations and showing dignity....something the scum of Smith, Slater etc....failed to do!

I was lucky to cover the RL world Cup when it was here in the UK. Followed the Aussie side around and filmed with most of the squad. Cronk was a standout for just being a decent human being. Always polite. Always helpful.

My strongest memory was I was sent to an indoor training session at one of the mega football stadiums over here. It was a largish indoor pitch and some of the aussie boys decided to start taking pot shots at us cammos from one end of the room. Probably about 5 or 6 of them started pinging torpedo kicks at us from about 35 yards and cronk stormed over and loudly told them to knock it off and stop being dickish. They did. Big respect for him from that point on.

I was lucky to cover the RL world Cup when it was here in the UK. Followed the Aussie side around and filmed with most of the squad. Cronk was a standout for just being a decent human being. Always polite. Always helpful.

My strongest memory was I was sent to an indoor training session at one of the mega football stadiums over here. It was a largish indoor pitch and some of the aussie boys decided to start taking pot shots at us cammos from one end of the room. Probably about 5 or 6 of them started pinging torpedo kicks at us from about 35 yards and cronk stormed over and loudly told them to knock it off and stop being dickish. They did. Big respect for him from that point on.
I thought you were going to tell us how good his kicking game was and how he managed to get you every single time.

Care to name names?

Best RL show going at the moment. Actual footy chat.
Actually find Cronks footy talk worth listening to, if it's something I don't know or different I'm all ears. Rather than the "bleeding obvious" comments you find with most of them.
So...

Snake
Foz
DCE
Ballin

All in their prime. Not a bad spine at all. It was pretty incredible what Snake was able to do after missing two straight years with knee injuries. The try he scored of Daly’s inside ball was vintage Snake.
Was that the 2011 GF...love Snakes firing a shotgun motion after he scored. What a player...

Did anyone watch the Matty Johns podcast tonight and Cooper Cronk put the 2011 Manly spine in his top 3.

What I loved is that he basically said Glenn Stewart needs to be included in that. You could see the genuine respect he had for that side.

I've got to say he is one of very few Storm players I actually respected. The 2007 GF I always recall him going around all of the Manly players and offering his commiserations and showing dignity....something the scum of Smith, Slater etc....failed to do!
This is possibly why he became somewhat of a Melbourne Storm outcast. He was a decent human being which didn't sit well with the rest of the scum.

A funny take away from that tour was Thurston trying to hit on my young 23yo reporter. Blond, very pretty and didn't have a clue about RL.
He was like a bad smell hanging around but the killer was he was so unable to converse that he did that thing the 'tough' kids did at high-school. He didn't know how to talk to her instead just kept kicking the ball at her at every training session as a 'hey I like you but I'm too stupid to be able to talk to you so I'm going to kick a ball at you all the time'....

A funny take away from that tour was Thurston trying to hit on my young 23yo reporter. Blond, very pretty and didn't have a clue about RL.
He was like a bad smell hanging around but the killer was he was so unable to converse that he did that thing the 'tough' kids did at high-school. He didn't know how to talk to her instead just kept kicking the ball at her at every training session as a 'hey I like you but I'm too stupid to be able to talk to you so I'm going to kick a ball at you all the time'....
Yes I saw him at an airport in North Qld early in his career - he had the social skills of a flea... absolutely no idea. So awkward in how he talked, his mannerisms and yes even then he thought he was a romeo and any female who had no idea about League wouldn't have looked sideways at him and would have run when he tried to speak.

Rude behaviour, but bloody funny, potentially

For mine I respect an objective and well grounded opinion that is not a product of bias to any particular club. Hard to get that when the majority of commentators are x players. The other thing I detest are reporters that run with ungrounded rumours regardless of the effects it might have on those subject of the report. I believed that editors and reporters had an edict that required them to have a reliable source of information and something to back up their story. Nowadays I'm not so sure.

For mine I respect an objective and well grounded opinion that is not a product of bias to any particular club. Hard to get that when the majority of commentators are x players. The other thing I detest are reporters that run with ungrounded rumours regardless of the effects it might have on those subject of the report. I believed that editors and reporters had an edict that required them to have a reliable source of information and something to back up their story. Nowadays I'm not so sure.
Good point. There is a massive blurring of the lines betwen news and opinion when we have this motley collection of good ole boy footy journos who in the one show are spouting alleged stories they have gleaned as reporters but also piping up with baseless speculation in their entertainment role as opinion commentators.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8