1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cowboys

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by fLIP, Apr 23, 2007.

1. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Ashley Graham and David Faiumu were both injured in tonights game and will both miss next weeks game. Graham (Torn Hamstring) and Faiumu (Knee Ligament)

2. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    you have me to thank for graham, have him in my vrl squad

3. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    How quickly can we get thurston and bowen into fluffys squad guys?

4. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I'd have preferred to see Cowboys win last night. They are going to be more desperate this weekend, though at least they only have a 5 day turnaround.

5. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Agree Mata, I was cheering them on for that reason. But if we are good enough it does not matter.

We won the trial there this year and almost knocked them over up there last year when they were in red hot form, we can win this one!!!!!

6. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Don't forget we are still missing beaver & matai plus Burns this week

7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,080 / 284
    Ashley Graham
    David Faiumu
    Carl Webb
    Luke O'Donnell

all out mean they are also pretty thin in ranks as well.

8. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    in recent years the cows have struggles to get back up after being beaten a couple of times, im hoping we can do the same

However even if we lose we are still second outright and as long as we dont let it get us down there are no problems.

9. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Me to Fluff along with Orford/Menzies/Tupou/Lockyer and any other NRL star thats been injured for a period of time LOL

seriouslly Graham has been finding the line so thats a boost for Manly.

10. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    The Cowboys will be playing like it's a final next weekend. I don't feel as confident after their loss but we are in with a great shot to win it anyway.

Round 6 was just great to us. Take out the Storm's win and the results had all the teams balancing up nicely at the bottom. What a fantastic 4 point buffer.

11. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Teams that have played Monday night have struggled in the next game all season lets just hope it continues.
    !pray:

12. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    The thing I noticed last night about the cowboys is they like to play their back line deep. Thurston is often the 3rd receiver and likes to get the ball with room to move.

What they are looking for is the line to come up and shut Thurston and bowen down. And what souths did last night was just let Thurston and bowen play the ball a little but they held their line and weren't going to be rushed or panicked into anything because those two had the ball. And both we're pretty redundant in attack.

It reminded me of exactly what our defense has done so well. I am starting to feel more and more confident about Saturday's game.

13. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I feel MORE confident after their loss. If the Bunnies can beat them, imagine what WE can do to them. They would have been up for our game anyway.

14. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    id hardly say the sharks struggled on the weekend

15. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    id hardly say the sharks struggled on the weekend
    [/quote]

Hey if they had not played Monday night they would have won by 50 :D

Let me change that to in most cases, Was mainly going on the Fox commentators going on about the Monday night curse.