Cooper Johns Shown the Door

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Absolute rubbish player and potentially robbed someone an opportunity a crack in 1st grade who deserved a chance. Glad to see the back of him.
Thanks for those kind words.

Which player was being denied a first grade position by Johns - was it Schuster? He wasn’t ready fitness wise.

Was it young Gordon? He was ineligible to play until later in the season.

Not the best of benchmarks but think that Cooper played some reasonable games at Blacktown during his stints there '
Though hope that he was not the one at fault not finding touch a few times in that knockout final .
Had a tendency at times to not go to the line sufficiently and not to read a game better in i st grade so maybe a bit of confidence or application thing . .
Defense at i st grade level seemed a bit so so but not a bad general range of skills .
No reason that he can not compete within reason in the S L though if he behind a relatively competitive pack .

Absolute rubbish player and potentially robbed someone an opportunity a crack in 1st grade who deserved a chance. Glad to see the back of him.
What an average comment.

If there is any criticism is at the club not the player. Was it Johns who selected himself? Was it Johns who signed himself to the club?

How did he "rob" anyone? You need to pull your head in with these sort of posts which will only serve to harm players mental health. In the past you have called for Turbo to retire (calling him greedy for returning early so he could play origin) called for "hard discussions" with DCE

There is a fine line between criticising a player and what you are doing. Should there be a conversation about if Johns should have been selected? Potentially. If you have watched him at the storm you would have seen he is playing the same as he was there - it is an management issue not the players fault

What an average comment.

If there is any criticism is at the club not the player. Was it Johns who selected himself? Was it Johns who signed himself to the club?

How did he "rob" anyone? You need to pull your head in with these sort of posts which will only serve to harm players mental health. In the past you have called for Turbo to retire (calling him greedy for returning early so he could play origin) called for "hard discussions" with DCE

There is a fine line between criticising a player and what you are doing. Should there be a conversation about if Johns should have been selected? Potentially. If you have watched him at the storm you would have seen he is playing the same as he was there - it is an management issue not the players fault
Very logical and empathetic reply @Isz
In regards to peoples mental health ...
Our Feeling are important but feeling can also get out of hand
It appears that the new generation needs to learn to be more mental tough
Because mentally tough people do not perceive criticism , faults and failure as catastrophic events
They learn to shut out the things they cannot control and take on the challenge to the things that they can
It is about time they teach mental toughness at school .
Change
The sympathetic Are you OK ?
TO the Inspiring
You are an unique awesome individual and there is no one like you
You are strong and capable of anything !

The Best help you can give a person is to help them BELIEVE in them selves

1695867064461.png

Last edited:
Very logical and empathetic reply @Isz
In regards to peoples mental health ...
Our Feeling are important but feeling can also get out of hand
It appears that the new generation needs to learn to be more mental tough
Because mentally tough people do not perceive criticism , faults and failure as catastrophic events
They learn to shut out the things they cannot control and take on the challenge to the things that they can
It is about time they teach mental toughness at school .
Change
The sympathetic Are you OK ?
TO the Inspiring
You are an unique awesome individual and there is no one like you
You are strong and capable of anything !

The Best help you can give a person is to help them BELIEVE in them selves

View attachment 25170

Sometimes people just need to harden up, look at the GF coming up. Sattler, Burgess, Webcke and many others just hardened up and just got the job done. These generations wouldn't last in an older era, society that is. I'm by no mean a "hard man" quite the opposite, but if you want to achieve sometimes you have to push through it.

What an average comment.

No harm intended, we all know why he is getting opportunities.
Not his fault he was signed but I’m entitled to my opinion like you are are with yours.
Get on with it, he wouldn’t make any other NRL 1st grade side and that’s why we haven’t made top 8 last 2 years.
NRL is a business
What an average comment.

NRL has become a business and if you think Turbo is good business averaging 6 to 8 games a year at $1 mil plus you would going broke quickly.
For the record you are entitled to your opinion, I’m calling it as I see it.
Let’s hope we enjoy a better 2024.

Not his fault he was signed but I’m entitled to my opinion like you are are with yours.

NRL has become a business and if you think Turbo is good business averaging 6 to 8 games a year at $1 mil plus you would going broke quickly.
Forums are made better by passionate people and their passionate view like you @CRPSI eagle

Keep being the fuel in the fire that stirs up emotion and lights up our forum
Never hold back and Keep up with your Great posts feathered friend

I agree with you that life is tough and its spares no one
and we have to be prepared to make the tough decisions
to not only survive but keep ahead of mediocrity and thrive

1695941426567.png

Forums are made better by passionate people and their passionate view like you @CRPSI eagle

View attachment 25191
Love your work😏

Get on with it, he wouldn’t make any other NRL 1st grade side and that’s why we haven’t made top 8 last 2 years.
NRL is a business

Call it as you see it however I still think there is a way you can critique players without being personal about it.

Anyhow each to his own...it is a long long offseason (I need the "training better than ever" articles now")

View attachment 25191
Will say it one more time before we all get sick of hearing it from me

There is nothing wrong with passion, out there views and asking real questions of the club and players. I would just hope that it is said with some respect as otherwise people (like me) tend to dismiss any point however legitimate it might be

Will say it one more time before we all get sick of hearing it from me

There is nothing wrong with passion, out there views and asking real questions of the club and players. I would just hope that it is said with some respect as otherwise people (like me) tend to dismiss any point however legitimate it might be
The key word to your post is Respect and You are right feathered friend @Isz Sometimes Passions can get out of control

Another key factor is this ..
No one is bigger than our Legendary club and every one is accountable for living up to its great standards .
Because when we lower our Legendary clubs Great standards we stand for nothing great
and the ones that are part of our clubs Mediocre down fall lose respect and are criticised accordingly as we are all accountable for our actions and inactions in a Results Driven Business
The moral of the Story ....
No Results , No Glory ,

Respect , Honour and Glory
Our Great Manly Premiership Wining Heroes that turned Manly into a Great Club
Picture Compliments Manly Media

1696028401944.png

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16