Consortium making plans to buy Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
While everyone is certainly entitled to a view or opinion on the Penn "s overall involvement and participation with Manly , i am not too sure how some of the recent criticism of them can really be warranted or even valid . They certainly were not responsible or the cause of any supposed salary cap discrepancies . the strip club visit , the Hasting"s issue , the early season injury toll and general poor form of the side and so on . Of course always possible improvements to be considered and addressed by the Penns and to benefit the club and for a better operational situation but to direct or even suggest that many of the club's current [ and no doubt short term problems ] can be mainly or directly attributed to the Penn "s majority control really does not have any realistic basis or credence . Apparently Scott Penn has clearly indicated that he and his family company is intending to stay with the Sea Eagles and in effect also continue to provide any necessary financial input and until another group or consortium can provide the same definite or future ongoing commitment or assurances to Manly and to enable them to continue a presence on the Northern Beaches , i would say that it would be very recommended to stay with the status quo . [ even if it does need some better or slightly improved operating arrangements at the present time]

They certainly were not responsible or the cause of any supposed salary cap discrepancies .... can you explain who was then???

They certainly were not responsible or the cause of any supposed salary cap discrepancies .... can you explain who was then???
Joe Kelly and Wayne Cousins were the only officials to be officially suspended and this was quite possibly a dubious decision in it self taking all things into account . Eventually it is all going to depend on a totally clear and valid interpretation whether in a N R L appeals committee or in a civil court with this Best Endeavour clause in securing T P A "s .

Joe Kelly and Wayne Cousins were the only officials to be officially suspended and this was quite possibly a dubious decision in it self taking all things into account . Eventually it is all going to depend on a totally clear and valid interpretation whether in a N R L appeals committee or in a civil court with this Best Endeavour clause in securing T P A "s .
Scott Penn signed off on every contract before sending it thru to the NRL. So hopefully it is just TPA's

Well, the Penn’s are certainly polarising figures on ST with a deep split between those who like and those who loathe them.

I don’t have a strong conviction either way as details of their reign at the club are murky at best and we seem to get cloak and dagger stuff served up as opposed to honesty and transparency. Without facts it’s hard to draw conclusions.

What I do know is that some really bad shiit has gone down since they moved into the neighborhood, and their house seems to attract pimps, hookers, gimps and underworld figures on a regular basis.

So my gut feel is they can fcuk off and get someone in that really loves the club, gets Manly blood back into senior roles and understands the professional structure needed for success.

Wasn't there some Sheikh looking to buy an NRL club. We need someone that has long term cash. NRL aren't know for making money.

With the exception of Broncos there has not been in the history of the world a businessman stupid enough to buy a Rugby Leagues club with the intention of making money ......

I am not familiar with the tax write off laws in Australia (I don't know why I high-lighted Aust, I in fact don't know the tax write off laws in any country) but unless they can somehow take advantage of a $2/3mil lose every year then ......

While everyone is certainly entitled to a view or opinion on the Penn "s overall involvement and participation with Manly , i am not too sure how some of the recent criticism of them can really be warranted or even valid . They certainly were not responsible or the cause of any supposed salary cap discrepancies . the strip club visit , the Hasting"s issue , the early season injury toll and general poor form of the side and so on . Of course always possible improvements to be considered and addressed by the Penns and to benefit the club and for a better operational situation but to direct or even suggest that many of the club's current [ and no doubt short term problems ] can be mainly or directly attributed to the Penn "s majority control really does not have any realistic basis or credence . Apparently Scott Penn has clearly indicated that he and his family company is intending to stay with the Sea Eagles and in effect also continue to provide any necessary financial input and until another group or consortium can provide the same definite or future ongoing commitment or assurances to Manly and to enable them to continue a presence on the Northern Beaches , i would say that it would be very recommended to stay with the status quo . [ even if it does need some better or slightly improved operating arrangements at the present time]

Thanks for you input Scott.

Well, the Penn’s are certainly polarising figures on ST with a deep split between those who like and those who loathe them.

I don’t have a strong conviction either way as details of their reign at the club are murky at best and we seem to get cloak and dagger stuff served up as opposed to honesty and transparency. Without facts it’s hard to draw conclusions.

What I do know is that some really bad shiit has gone down since they moved into the neighborhood, and their house seems to attract pimps, hookers, gimps and underworld figures on a regular basis.

So my gut feel is they can fcuk off and get someone in that really loves the club, gets Manly blood back into senior roles and understands the professional structure needed for success.
The other thing about the Penns is they come with baggage that is seemingly unshakable. It appears that from the moment they came into the club they were on a war footing and, once they won the battle, they seem to have not been able to offload the war mentality of leaks, undermining, etc.

After four years they haven't been able to lose the war stance so, for this alone, we need someone to own the club with a clean slate and no history of the board wars. Otherwise we'll just continue as a ****storm pretending to be an NRL club.

I’m just wondering will Scott Penn still have money left? I’m sure there is a nasty rumour going around

QUOTE="manly al, post: 1023211, member: 27427"]While everyone is certainly entitled to a view or opinion on the Penn "s overall involvement and participation with Manly , i am not too sure how some of the recent criticism of them can really be warranted or even valid . They certainly were not responsible or the cause of any supposed salary cap discrepancies . the strip club visit , the Hasting"s issue , the early season injury toll and general poor form of the side and so on . Of course always possible improvements to be considered and addressed by the Penns and to benefit the club and for a better operational situation but to direct or even suggest that many of the club's current [ and no doubt short term problems ] can be mainly or directly attributed to the Penn "s majority control really does not have any realistic basis or credence . Apparently Scott Penn has clearly indicated that he and his family company is intending to stay with the Sea Eagles and in effect also continue to provide any necessary financial input and until another group or consortium can provide the same definite or future ongoing commitment or assurances to Manly and to enable them to continue a presence on the Northern Beaches , i would say that it would be very recommended to stay with the status quo . [ even if it does need some better or slightly improved operating arrangements at the present time][/QUOTE]

Wasn't there some Sheikh looking to buy an NRL club. We need someone that has long term cash. NRL aren't know for making money.

Sheik Yerbouti baby

Sheik Yerbouti.png

Not sure on mr Chueng. Read an article last year saying his dream is to bring the bears back into the nrl. Apparently his too busy atm with business overseas to really get involved anyways.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8