• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Big bird was on about this in another thread. To be brutally honest the wins against the tigers, the dogs and the sharks (to an extent--more fight in them than the other 2) were underachievements given the evident superiority when we really turned it on.

It's early days, and we've done enough to be 5/6, and it's a long long way to go, and we've had a heap of new players in the forwards.

But this is the difference between us and the Storm. Storm vs Rabbits: rabbits were pretty solid for the 80 mins, worked their way into some good scoring chances, but didn't capitalise and when they let the pressure off the Storm took every opportunity on offer. Rabbits were beaten mentally for mine by half time.

Our defence looks much more focussed and switched on this season, so that is a really good sign. The rabbits game will be a good test of how we are going in the consistency stakes. If they play well they will make us pay for slacking off.

Brisbane were busted when we beat them in round 1.

The Storm are showing what it takes to turn up every week and play well. I am glad we didn't play them last week.

Souths will be the first real test.

As an aside everybody is crapping on at how bad the dogs are going but they are playing without half their pack and have lost against the top 4.

In truth we have played well for the 2nd half against Brisbane, the whole game against Newcastle and it has been otherwise patchy.

When we are good we are awesome, but we have been very inconsistent whilst still winning.

I wonder if our inconsistency is coming about because of our early first half dominance.

its as if we pull a big lead and then seem to relax a bit. The dogs game was a good example.

The wabbits will probably push the boys the whole 80 mins.

No team can play faultless, high intensity footy for a full 80 min. What I like about Manly this year is when we are having a "flat spot" during a game we are still not conceding many points.

Mals said:
No team can play faultless, high intensity footy for a full 80 min. What I like about Manly this year is when we are having a "flat spot" during a game we are still not conceding many points.

Correct, even the Storm have been patchy but they go up a gear when they need to. We are doing the same thing and we always lift when we play the better teams too.

I just think its great we are consistently winning. As long as they are getting the job down, i don't care how they win.

We are competing every game and that's all that can be asked!! Maybe we do switch off with a lead but gee we do well to get the lead.

Rd 1 v Broncs- Always felt we were comfortable despite being behind at h/t, an early 2nd half blitz and we won easing down
Rd 2 v Knights - Always in control....comfortably
Rd 3 v Titans - They were always going to play no-frills straight up the guts footy against us, their high point of the season so far
Rd 4 v Tigers - We played like poo early and still won 26-0
Rd 5 v Dogs - Always in control, did what we had to and never looked like losing
Rd 6 v Sharks - Had the game in the bag after 20mins, it was a hot day and the Sharks were desperate, did what we had to. Jamie even missed a couple to keep them interested!
Rd 7 v Rabbits - They'll be playing for credibility and we'll be up for it because thats what we do.

There's not too many sides that can put the game away in 15-20 mins regardless of how we play for the other 60 like we can, we've been doing it for years.
Only the Storm have our sense of trusting the game plan regardless and it'll work out in the end.

This sort of pacing ourselves was evident during the Des era, but in contrast to his latter years we are actually better off this year, depth wise.

So you are trying to tell me we arent playing that well but sit 2nd on the ladder, isnt that a good thing?

We are playing good enough to dispatch most sides. At this early stage Rabbits, roosters and of course the bloody Storm look like the contenders along with us. Agreed the dogs could make a late run but it might be too late.

Barring injuries to key personnel the Storm are a pretty safe bet to be there at the pointy end to see if anyone can beat them. Concentration for 80 mins looks like difference between us at this stage. Was the point.....

torana355 said:
Mals said:

Correct, even the scum have been patchy but they go up a gear when they need to. We are doing the same thing and we always lift when we play the better teams too.

Fixed in red. that's better, no need to thank me.

Ian Martin tragic said:
We are playing good enough to dispatch most sides. At this early stage Rabbits, roosters and of course the bloody scum look like the contenders along with us. Agreed the dogs could make a late run but it might be too late.

Barring injuries to key personnel the scum are a pretty safe bet to be there at the pointy end to see if anyone can beat them. Concentration for 80 mins looks like difference between us at this stage. Was the point.....

And this one done too.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8