Congratulations

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Vargs

Hi all,

I haven’t posted here before but I have lurked around and followed some threads from time to time.

I wanted to log on and congratulate you for your win against us (the Bulldogs) on Friday night. Although it was a scrappy first half of football, both teams tried their hearts out and you came out on top.

I also want to commend the Sea Eagles fans that headed out to the game to support your boys. Not only did you show up with a larger army than expected but almost all of you were also well behaved and honourable in victory which is very much appreciated after such a heart-braking loss. I would imagine that if I were a Sea Eagles fan that the victory would have given me a great sense of retribution and accomplishment after what’s happened recently.

The tension that exists between the two team’s fan bases is understandable and undeniable after the events of late – fingers crossed that the recent events between the two sides can be a catalyst to help create a strong, respectful rivalry between two very proud clubs.

Finally, on Liam Foran – he is an absolute superstar in the making. I know he has been getting a mixed response around here but I think he has real potential. He seems like a very reliable half and a pairing between him and Kieran would, in my opinion, do wonders for Manly in the future.

Best of luck in the coming weeks – I will be looking forward to Round 20, hopefully it’ll be just as hyped as our last match was.

RE: Congratualtions

Nice sentiments mate. I agree on Liam, I think with 50+ games under his belt, he'd really come along.

Also, I'd question whether there is any animosity amongst the fan-bases because of a coaching / player / staff changes?

There's more to life than worry about that.

Ok, you'd get the red-neck element & bogan's that belong to every club that would get so emotionally attached, it affects their real life behaviour.

Two solid clubs, close game that's it. Des is an awesome coach, and crusher is an elite talent scout.

But it looks like Manly have moved on, and players are committing to us, which is great to see.

Well thank you.

Firstly I like to thank my mum and dad, and the members of the academy........

Thanks for the comments. Just be aware though that we have had some Doggie trolls here fueling the fire in the past 6 months and some will view you with suspicion.

I agree that a some of us have started to move on and now that the first match up has come and gone, hopefully more will do the same.

Whilst it seemed a good marketing ploy by Greenturd to have those infamous t shirts, it failed dismally which made Manly fans happy, as many though`t greenturd and halser were a bit too smug.

It is very unlikely that any Manly players will go to the dogs.

I also believe that Liam Foran will be a great player for Manly in time but not in the 5/8 position and you will see more of him during the year used as a utility player.

Nice post Vargs.....not like some of the other dickheads that come on here.

Yes I think Round 20 will be a ball tearer, something to really look forward to!!

Earnie the Eagle said:
Thanks for the comments. Just be aware though that we have had some Doggie trolls here fueling the fire in the past 6 months and some will view you with suspicion.

No doubt - we get many trolls from various teams and forums so I know where you're coming from.

Personally I didn't think the T-Shirt was a great idea - aside from the oversight of us losing and having a whole bunch of useless t-shirts in stock, I also think the message was pretty so-so. Yes, I get the play on words, but the message also promotes the theory that it was the Bulldogs who enticed Des and plan on enticing future players from Manly to join our club. This devalues the argument of 'it's all business' and makes it look like we're targeting Manly, rather than targeting talent. Either way - it seems to have got a couple of extra butts on seats and if it made the club some extra $$ then so be it.

DCE definitely had an off game against the Dogs which made Liam look better in comparison, but I thought Liam's level-headedness and efforts in defence went a long way to helping keep the Bulldogs scoreline as low as it was. DCE just seemed to be making very poor decisions - hitting it up on the fourth instead of getting into position for a kick, running the ball himself with support available, just general risky plays that weren't warranted based on the games scoreline. The next 3-4 weeks will be an interesting insight into just how reliable Liam can be.

bob dylan said:
Well thank you.

Firstly I like to thank my mum and dad, and the members of the academy........

I too would like to thank Bob's mum and dad.

Thanks Vargs, especially about the behaviour of our supporters. Can't say the same for yours though. At the end of the game one of your mob was going right off his head in the Manly fans section, way over the top stuff. We really enjoyed him heading off with his tail between his legs to the chant of "you are a wanker, you are a wanker"!!

Sumdumguy said:
Thanks Vargs, especially about the behaviour of our supporters. Can't say the same for yours though. At the end of the game one of your mob was going right off his head in the Manly fans section, way over the top stuff. We really enjoyed him heading off with his tail between his legs to the chant of "you are a wanker, you are a wanker"!!

Yeah, I suppose there's always one or two who spoil it for everyone. We had a number of Manly supporters shouting out at dog fans after the win, but nothing offensive - obviously just excited with the win after everything that's happened.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4