Confessional plea for help

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hi there,
I'm hiding this confession in the general discussion forum as, well, no one comes in here: so here goes......

I don't like the 'eagle rock' song. :(

There I said it.

I've tried, goodness gracious how I've tried but I just can't get into the tune and video clip which seems to be a bunch of hippies doing there woodstock thing. It'd be nice to hear a good powerful song after a manly home win but I cringe when this song starts up.
I like many different types of music (no, not both kinds... country and western) so I am at my (half) wits end for a solution.

Blasphemy I know, so help.

Is there any associations that one can gather at to 'assist' in learning to like, maybe even love this song? - (preferably non violent).

Any pills on the market? Any tried and proven techniques?

Anxiously yours,

GE

globaleagle said:
Hi there,
I'm hiding this confession in the general discussion forum as, well, no one comes in here: so here goes......

There I said it.

I've tried, goodness gracious how I've tried but I just can't get into the tune and video clip which seems to be a bunch of hippies doing there woodstock thing. It'd be nice to hear a good powerful song after a manly home win but I cringe when this song starts up.
I like many different types of music (no, not both kinds... country and western) so I am at my (half) wits end for a solution.

Is there any associations that one can gather at to 'assist' in learning to like, maybe even love this song? - (preferably non violent).

Anxiously yours,

GE

Dude

You know the eagle rock is here to stay
Im just crazy bout the way we move
DOOOOIN the eagle rock

Dear Sinner, thank you for your pursuit of clemency. It is obvious that your humility, honesty, and penitence deserve the ear of the Lord, just like the ear of the Lord does listen to Eagle Rock. The lyrics do cry out “Why don't you give me a sign?” This is an explicit call to God for Sea Eagle supremacy. This is why Ross Wilson has been blessed by the Lord and his Words are deemed good. True appreciation and forgiveness is easy. For your penance you will listen to Billy Ray Cyrus for 24 hours, whereupon the music of Daddy Cool will carry you to the heavens. Go now and be at peace, and be at one within the fold of the Eagle Angels.

Thank you fellow brethren, here goes:

WAMF said:
Haha, just join in and pull your pants down when the song come on.

Lol, if I knew that was the rule, I may have liked the song ages ago!

eagles2win said:
Find the old song and listen to that

Didn't work :(

The Eagle said:
Dude

You know the eagle rock is here to stay
Im just crazy bout the way we move
DOOOOIN the eagle rock

*shudders*

ManlyBacker said:
Dear Sinner, thank you for your pursuit of clemency. It is obvious that your humility, honesty, and penitence deserve the ear of the Lord, just like the ear of the Lord does listen to Eagle Rock. The lyrics do cry out “Why don't you give me a sign?” This is an explicit call to God for Sea Eagle supremacy. This is why Ross Wilson has been blessed by the Lord and his Words are deemed good. True appreciation and forgiveness is easy. For your penance you will listen to Billy Ray Cyrus for 24 hours, whereupon the music of Daddy Cool will carry you to the heavens. Go now and be at peace, and be at one within the fold of the Eagle Angels.

Billy ray?!?! Awesome post, scary penance, however it's working.... "I'm just crazy about cha baaaaabe... (that correct?) - no wait....wrong song!!!! ahhhh crap

Phoenix said:
You think what????
I identify that song with our winning culture.

Me too (unfortunately)

bob dylan said:
One question, are you a Justin Bieber fan

I am most def not a belieber, he sucks more than a 40 year old hooker.

I feel the healing beginning! (that's what she said)

Fluffy said:
become a manly fan, they all love it

Ouch! That's....just....harsh!!!!

eagles2win said:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfhjqWLjGVo[/video]

Now that's awesome!!! I hope they got permmission as that song seems awfully familiar!

that old one is the worst team song ever to have been uttered

The Eagle said:
Can anyone rip that song off youtube in a mp3 format? :)

There is a plugin for Firefox and an extension for Google Chrome. (Can't help you with with Windoze)

Firefox
Tools>AddOns and search for Youtube.

I use Google Chrome.
Click on the Spanner>Tools>Extensions and look for Youtube

Daniel said:
that old one is the worst team song ever to have been uttered

Now you know the struggles I'm having with the eagle rock song

hells bells!

Global, this seems to be a symptom of a much bigger problem.
You complain of hippies etc but any true music fan knows that the "hippy" era is the only true place to find GREAT music.

Sure, i appreciate music of all eras. I love blues and 50's rock n roll. Classical music is the work of genius. Jazz is cooler than even I could ever claim to be. My record collection is full of grunge, brit-pop, metal, punk, trip-hop, indie, folk and alt-country. But when it all boils down to it, the classic rock of 1966 through to 1974 is the golden age. Beatles, Stones, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Floyd, the Who, the Kinks, Sabbath, Faces, Chicago, Jefferson Airplane, the Doors and the list goes on.

From Australia we had the Easybeats and a little band called Daddy Cool to put our stake in the rock.

Eagle Rock is a classic of Australian rock. Their other great song "come back again" also gets this tag.

You need help my friend, indeed you do. And before anyone uses the age excuse, I wasn't even born in 1974 so that is irrelevant.

Even without the Manly connection, Eagle Rock is a great song. It is infact proof of our inherant coolness that such a great song just fits with us, no forcing, no try-hardedness.

Global, you must pray to the rock gods for forgiveness. The Keefs, Richards and Moon are not vengefull gods, they will clense your soul.

Thanks for your response Duff, truly article worthy.

Tis true, I hate hippies; lazy dole bludging, pot smoking gits, so I may have a little bit of bias towards that era.

You certainly speak from a postion of musical acceptace with a wide range of genres in your collection and I do hold out hope as I once hated 'working class man' by barnsie and 'Land down under' by men at work (I guess I didn't need to type the artists) but now like them both. Singing the national anthem to the tune of working class man helped me on my way.

However, maybe in the end it is going to be your user name that lights the way! Maybe those rock gods have spoken through you in this very thread.

After all....

Duff.....Duffman...Beer...Alcohol...Spirits...Bourbon...Jim Beam!

Maybe if I listen to the song after a bottle of Jim Beam, I'll like it!!!!

Thank you Mr Duff, from the bottom of my heart if not my liver!

Wait a minute....those lyrics are about SEX!!!!!!
Perverts, I may need another bottle.

globaleagle said:
Hi there,

There I said it.

Anxiously yours,

GE

You could try eating some of those funny mushrooms that Go Manly must have been munching on whilst driving his tractor in this post:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/thread-37276-post-548157.html#pid548157

Jethro said:
globaleagle said:
Hi there,

There I said it.

Anxiously yours,

GE

You could try eating some of those funny mushrooms that Go Manly must have been munching on whilst driving his tractor in this post:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/thread-37276-post-548157.html#pid548157

lol. Dunno about the mushies but living in BC, Canada, there's certainly a lot of funny smelling cigarettes about the place!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8