Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tough to judge
Plenty of bad he cops is based on the ingredients he was given
The team itself is weird to watch
Absolutely terrible when bad, but seriously deadly when on point
If we actually see a full strength team will be far more appropriate to throw judgement

This year is a write off due to the injuries in the forward pack alone, but I'm excited at the prospect of Brooks to 6, Schuster to 13, and Jake to prop. Those adjustment alone (coupled with a preseason of players in those positions, could make a world of difference to our side.

Line completely through Seibold after he admitted that the Garrick play was his idea and they’d been training it throughout the week. He thought it would be a good result even if we made the tackle on halfway

I agree with the concept of the long kick from deep inside our territory with Saab and Koula out there, I’ve been calling for it all year, but use it off a set play scrum or tackle 2-3 when you can have a look at how their line is set and get the most advantage from it

12 years ago Bozo, we can't go on living in the past mate

If we never start living up to our Great benchmark past
we will keep missing the mark from becoming a Great club once again feathered friend
1691706293786.png

Last edited:
Line completely through Seibold after he admitted that the Garrick play was his idea and they’d been training it throughout the week. He thought it would be a good result even if we made the tackle on halfway

I agree with the concept of the long kick from deep inside our territory with Saab and Koula out there, I’ve been calling for it all year, but use it off a set play scrum or tackle 2-3 when you can have a look at how their line is set and get the most advantage from it
Or maybe when Edwards was up in the line, would of been ideal....mmm..

I'm losing more and more respect for him each week every time I listen to a post-match press conference, he was laughing and smiling last night and seemed genuinely happy with the loss that ended our season.

I'm losing more and more respect for him each week every time I listen to a post-match press conference, he was laughing and smiling last night and seemed genuinely happy with the loss that ended our season.
Gota ask, is Seib's on something..

I think we might be missing something.

Spoon declared how proud he was MANY times during the post match interview.

Perhaps he was hinting that the pride debacle of last season is still impacting the players.

Or maybe when Edwards was up in the line, would of been ideal....mmm..
That was the frustrating thing, so stupid, it wasnt just Edwards back there in the potential landing zone, there were 3 other Panthers all within distance to easily beat Saab to the ball, he had no chance, so why do it.
Right idea at the right time, returning a kick was never that time

I admit this is very left field on the topic but on the presser last night - was anyone else sitting there watching it and saying "Chez, what the hell are you picking at??!! Stop it already!!" Or am I just weird? Ok, don't answer that.

That was the frustrating thing, so stupid, it wasnt just Edwards back there in the potential landing zone, there were 3 other Panthers all within distance to easily beat Saab to the ball, he had no chance, so why do it.
I don't suggest it was great timing for that left-field move but the fault was more with the Manly players who failed to move up and pressure Edwards. There were not 3 other Panthers at all. The problem was Edwards easily sprinted 15-20m straight past Saab who looked surprised that he was the only one there to defend, that is when Edwards was able to link up with others, and that's all she wrote.

spot on, when the kick went up on the 1st tackle my mouth just dropped, and stayed dropped right until they scored the try of it....mate, I was flabbergasted

We are all entitled to our opinions so I’m not looking to incite an argument with anyone but I have a pretty firm opinion that the problems this year are not coaching related.

I think with a good roster, Seibs would be doing some pretty great things.

I love Des but the biggest difference I’m seeing this year is we are losing games due to personnel and circumstances and not through a lack of application. Other than maybe Penrith at Penrith and Eels at Parramatta, I’ve seen our team apply themselves with hunger, week in week out. Always putting their bodies on the line and trying hard.

We don’t have the pack, nor the creativity around the ruck to beat the top teams. We don’t have our best player on the park as usual.

With the right ingredients, we’ve got a coach that is motivating the side. DCE is having his best season since 2014 and as others have pointed out, the defence is starting to show signs of working system.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8