Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Haha don't get hung up on the 'another Tiger player' slur, Tigers produce a huge amount of top young talent, they haven't prospered in NRL mostly due to the dysfunctional Magpie/Tigers merger (and we all know how problematic club mergers can be).
Nice to hear we are looking ahead and going after the pick of the crop.
he mustn't be that good yet....
no youtube video

Always the option of playing Brooks at half back if D C E does finish his Manly career after season 25
Really would then need of course a relatively good defensive 5 / 8 as regardless of what one thinks of D C E "s overall game as a 7 , he is an above average or quite effective defensive half .
But , any promising or very capable young half on the market now is well worth looking at and seriously considering as a future or prospective good standard half .

Thought that Latu Fainu could have been looked at as a Manly future 7 but events moved in a different course with that consideration .
True Al, and can see the same thing happening at the Tigers. With Latu's age he's always been the player in waiting, but the trouble with this, while waiting there's always someone playing in your preferred position who's got everything to prove and play for. Got the feeling the Tigers really wanted Sam and that Latu was part of the package deal on getting the whole Fainu clan over to the Tigpies.

True Al, and can see the same thing happening at the Tigers. With Latu's age he's always been the player in waiting, but the trouble with this, while waiting there's always someone playing in your preferred position who's got everything to prove and play for. Got the feeling the Tigers really wanted Sam and that Latu was part of the package deal on getting the whole Fainu clan over to the Tigpies.
Latu was already on about 300 k for season "s 22 and 23 and in different circumstances and maybe with a bit more Blacktown experience and if was really coming on , could have warranted an additional 200 k
However , was playing as a 7 at Blacktown and had a heap of injuries prior to that and no way really knowing if he could almost instantly manage to be a capable 6 at N R L level .
Siebold under a bit of pressure to get results now so of course understandable to go for a player of Brooks "s caliber and experience .
Latu would probably have to be one of the highest paid juniors and not to have played i st grade for all times however but such is life .
Sort of had hopes that Samual could have transitioned into a quite viable 13 for Manly short term and long term and again in different circumstances and with a bit of opportunity to play there even at Blacktown , may have been a possibility .
Then to match the West Tigers 500 k and still not even in the short term consideration as a permanent edge let alone 13 , hard to retain him .
Really , really hope of course that Shu can do something very worthwhile again on an edge , .
if not , losing Sam could prove to be a real bad option

Latu was already on about 300 k for season "s 22 and 23 and in different circumstances and maybe with a bit more Blacktown experience and if was really coming on , could have warranted an additional 200 k
However , was playing as a 7 at Blacktown and had a heap of injuries prior to that and no way really knowing if he could almost instantly manage to be a capable 6 at N R L level .
Siebold under a bit of pressure to get results now so of course understandable to go for a player of Brooks "s caliber and experience .
Latu would probably have to be one of the highest paid juniors and not to have played i st grade for all times however but such is life .
Sort of had hopes that Samual could have transitioned into a quite viable 13 for Manly short term and long term and again in different circumstances and with a bit of opportunity to play there even at Blacktown , may have been a possibility .
Then to match the West Tigers 500 k and still not even in the short term consideration as a permanent edge let alone 13 , hard to retain him .
Really , really hope of course that Shu can do something very worthwhile again on an edge , .
if not , losing Sam could prove to be a real bad option
At 500k each it's a calculated gamble on two players, one has never played firsts and the other just a few in 1st's. I'm glad it's the Tigpies and not us tbh, just think the whole Fainu thing, when they were with us was cursed the moment that Manase was found guilty.

Maybe Burbo can go to a slightly better level as an edge .
Certainly has the size and mobility and can 't fault his attitude and dedication and no reason why his defensive effectiveness can not go up a notch or two .
With his versatility , again can at least warrant a bench spot but also again has the ability and speed wise in particular to do something very useful on an edge

It just seems like a swipe piece at the tigers. LOL. Tigers steal our rated young half. Still upset about it, an article is a bit of a bravado dream in which MAN get revenge. LOL.

Panthers have already said they would consider Galvin to replace Luai if he left the riff.

Galvin seems to be highly rated. And has zero runs on the board. What could go wrong.

IMG_4953.png

Ep 3 next Tuesday.

Thanks for posting @Brookie Bob

Aaron Woods who turns 33 years old in March is on the Development player list ???
He must be the oldest development player in the history of Rugby League
There must be a shortage of 20 year old future stars to develop at Manly.

Development players: Nathan Brown, Aaron Woods, Aitasi James, Bailey Hodgson, Austin Dias, Dean Matterson, Clayton Faulalo

Manlys New Era is going back to the future
with the 2024 Development player Aaron Woods
1704150809911.png

Last edited:
Thanks for posting @Brookie Bob

Aaron Woods who turns 33 years old in March is on the Development player list ???
He must be the oldest development player in the history of Rugby League
There must be a shortage of 20 year old future stars to develop at Manly.

Development players: Nathan Brown, Aaron Woods, Aitasi James, Bailey Hodgson, Austin Dias, Dean Matterson, Clayton Faulalo

Manlys New Era is going back to the future
with the 2024 Development player Aaron Woods
View attachment 25756
I think it's more to do with Woods wanting to stay around but both he and the club knowing that he's not good value for the club on a top 30 contract. Most players in his shoes would go to Super League or pull a Nate Myles and pretend you are actually still worth spending money on. I think Woods has done the honourable thing here in staying on without costing more than he is worth.

I think it's more to do with Woods wanting to stay around but both he and the club knowing that he's not good value for the club on a top 30 contract. Most players in his shoes would go to Super League or pull a Nate Myles and pretend you are actually still worth spending money on. I think Woods has done the honourable thing here in staying on without costing more than he is worth.
Thank you for your Perspective post @eaglebuzz and I hope you are enjoying a great festive season feathered friend :)

My perspective is that I would rather invest in one of the best up and coming future talents as that is what Development lists are created to do .
Woods honorable thing to do like all professionals do is to get what he is currently worth at his ripe old career ending age and he has done just that

that is what Development lists are created to do .

Aren't you always saying stuff like 'rules are meant to be broken', think outside the square to get an edge, break the cap if you're smart enough to get away with it?? Now you are hung up on the word 'development'! He's not in the Top 30 but sounds like you don't even want him anywhere near the joint.

I think Woods has done the honourable thing here in staying on without costing more than he is worth.
Very much so. He's earning his (probably) pittance by helping the club - 'developing' the young guys, drawing on his NRL experience to act as a mentor and using his articulate skills and passion for Manly to promote the club and rugby league in general (like in Vegas).

Development player sobeit, good on Manly for using Woodsie to our advantage...the guy loves Manly and good on him too!

Part Player. Part Club Media Man located in the US of A. Sharon of a development contract is the smartest thing our club has done in 15 years.

Hmmmm, maybe it's me, and the pictures I've viewed recently, but the team looks a.lot heavier than its been in a long time. Lots of Christmas lunches being enjoyed.

God I hope we haven't slowed down here. We need less rights and mass, and WAY more agility, speed, constitution, explosive fitness.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10