Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Isn't Harbord diggers owned by Panthers or rooty hill RSL?
Mounties. Manly Leagues wanted to merge with the Diggers, c.2005-07, but it didn’t come off. The Diggers had their own financial challenges and within a few years they were swallowed up by the Mounties Group.

Last edited:
Do you think it's a "short straw" thing for these interviews?? For some players it looks like the Club is breaking some element of the Geneva Convention.
Some love it , a lot hate it , but I guess they all have to do it as part of their playing contract.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right but geeez, some of them are like the old car crash analogy. I feel for the poor buggers.

Some are born for it , most aren’t.
I'm sure they all get media training nowadays but at the end of the day they're all just human. Some of them will relish having a camera shoved in their face but I suspect the vast majority actively despise the idea. And most of them are young blokes with very little life experience to call on

It has to be a big help for Tom that is really smart. We all know he is highly focussed and dedicated. Excitement building for Round 1, go Tom, Go Manly!
That was awesome to watch and I agree, it helps that Tom's smart and quickly learns. I know he's being sponsored, and it's in his (and Manly's) best interest to improve his training methods and lessen being injury-prone. Nonetheless that video showed his full dedication and proved he's so highly focussed, to the extent that I even felt a tad emotional. Let's hope it all pays off and he, the sponsors, Manly and us are rewarded.

That was awesome to watch and I agree, it helps that Tom's smart and quickly learns. I know he's being sponsored, and it's in his (and Manly's) best interest to improve his training methods and lessen being injury-prone. Nonetheless that video showed his full dedication and proved he's so highly focussed, to the extent that I even felt a tad emotional. Let's hope it all pays off and he, the sponsors, Manly and us are rewarded.
Some awesome content there. A really nice film put together.
One word will define Tommy's year. Confidence. Just seeing his Confidence at the end there when he was nailing the drills was so exciting.
Hopefully unlike previous years this time with a change of process in his movement we might see the real Turbo take off.

They certainly all to be singing from the same page, and ithey seem to all be very confident in what they can achieve in the season, and in the other players around them.

The media content has been really refreshing this year, however, I'd still like to see Cooper Johns interview the players one on one, as I think he could add some real humour to the scene and from player comments, he adds some real jocularity to the playing group.

The Sipley 'miked up' with the kids is a classic and only endears fans and potential sponsors to the players.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -60 8