1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clint Newton stays in NRL

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by PEPSI, May 29, 2007.

1. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Signing with Melbourne Storm.

I wonder if we had a sniff around ?

2. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    The minute I read that the didn't like smiths tough training regime I started to wonder whether it was worth the effort.

The on thing this has re-enforced is that contracts aren't worth a pinch of ****.

3. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Is he playing down there for nothing? Surely this must spark an audit of their salary cap.

4. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Exactly DSM. Not sure how they manage to fit who they have in their cap. Let alone another regular 1st grader.

I doubt someone of his quality would find a place in their squad with a full team on deck either.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One word as to how they fit all their players under the salary cap - Newscorp.

Same with the Broncos. They are both Newscorp teams so will never receve auditor scrutiny of their salary caps.

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    There was an article in The Sunday Herald about a few clubs being fined (some 6 figures) for cheating the salary cap. They mentioned only about 5 clubs were definitely sweet (Manly one of them), but "further' investigation into The Storm / Broncos and a few others were STILL being looked into. The Storm were fined last time audits were done, but obviously don't give a toss about the repercussions.

Now Storm go and buy another rep 2nd rower?

Add to that their CEO demanding a Manly audit when Manly bought Orford - and guess what - it happenned, and ZILCHO was found !!!

The same year HIS club was fined !!!!!!!!

7. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Can they delist Crocker and kaufusi as they are injured. I am not sure how it works but it seems very sus!!!

8. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    no they cant as they still have to pay their contracts.

9. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Newton is a weak prick.

Leaves the knights but signs with the red-hot favourites.

What a loser.

10. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The Storm would have shown more desperation to get him coz of the loss of Crocker and Kaufusi.

11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    i read somewhere brisbane's problem is a webke tv commercial worth 30K which they claimed under the star player 3rd party allowance thing but it occured before the allowance was approved. It in itself is a fairly miner breach.

The 100K penalty breach is being pressured to have competition points deducted.

12. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Do you know something we dont?

Wasnt he not wanted at the Knights? If they wanted him they would not have released him. He is also not going to be guaranteed a place in the 17 down there, even with Kaufusi out.

I have no idea why he is weak for leaving a place he was not wanted at, then signing for another team, how dare he get another job.