Cleanout for 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeh nah. I think he would be more likely to go to the Raiders than us in 2024.
Well if he moved to warringah he could be a weak gutted rat instead
Cracking Up Lol GIF

"Parker, Croker and Sipley are good Manly clubman".
Agreed, so invite them to the team BBQ's, but they have no business running out on game day based on their performances year after year.
Hopefully the club signs the roosters accountant!

I'd be looking at Jake Turpin for next year. He's no world beater but he is an upgrade on Croker. Jordan Mclean and Hame Sele could be useful in the middle.

Turbo
Saab
Koula
Parker
Garrick
Schuster
DCE

Paseka
Turpin
Mclean
Fainu
Olakau'atu
Jake T

Gordon CKT
Keppie
Bullemor
Sele

Last edited:
I'd be looking at Jake Turpin for next year. He's no world beater but he is an upgrade on Croker. Jordan Mclean and Hame Sele could be useful in the middle.

Turbo
Saab
Koula
Parker
Garrick
Schuster
DCE

Paseka
Turpin
Mclean
Fainu
Olakau'atu
Jake T

Gordon CKT
Keppie
Bullemor
Sele
Drop Parker and move Garrick to centre permanently. Skip Sele and get or promote a winger. Keep Sipley as that forward group is maturing nicely, a veteran prop like McLean could be the way to nullify Aloia's (negative?) influence given his experience if he comes with the attitude and professionalism of a leader.

Retain bolded below, provided they're willing to stay for a reasonable amount from the cap POV. Information is per Zero Tackle:

OFF CONTRACT 2023
Morgan Boyle, Ethan Bullemor, Samuela Fainu, Morgan Harper, Jamie Humphreys, Brad Parker (sorry :brokenheart:), Jacob Sykes, Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega (if he shows potential in firsts again), Kaeo Weekes, Aaron Woods

I don't think massive clean outs are really a way to go about things when a club is playing like we are. We're not cellar dwellers, we're just missing a few key leadership positions in certain areas - dudes who would traditionally be referred to as enforcers, extremely professional journeymen, proven serviceable backups. Players like Morgan Boyle and Morgan Harper generally try, but they don't hold a candle to the Gorgeous George and Vic Mauro's or David Williams and William Hopoate's of the past, I'm sure there's many more examples.

Having strong depth is really tricky in todays game unless you've got a plug of quality players like the development teams. I think maintaining a core group over time is a stronger strategy for a club like us, and maybe controversial but under the first grade teams identity. Attempt to retain adequate players on minimum contracts whilst removing those who have shown their ceilings and are insufficient or developing on an unacceptable timeline to cycle in promising new players, should they be available.

It's just my opinion and I'm probably wrong but I think having a different reserve squad every season in the hope you import some superstar isn't going to provide dividends. They'll just be in a non-cohesive unit, which isn't going to help as far as balance or development go. I think that would heavily effect the targetted recruiting approach we seem to take (eg. Josh Schuster).

Drop Parker and move Garrick to centre permanently. Skip Sele and get or promote a winger. Keep Sipley as that forward group is maturing nicely, a veteran prop like McLean could be the way to nullify Aloia's (negative?) influence given his experience if he comes with the attitude and professionalism of a leader.

Retain bolded below, provided they're willing to stay for a reasonable amount from the cap POV. Information is per Zero Tackle:

OFF CONTRACT 2023
Morgan Boyle, Ethan Bullemor, Samuela Fainu, Morgan Harper, Jamie Humphreys, Brad Parker (sorry :brokenheart:), Jacob Sykes, Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega (if he shows potential in firsts again), Kaeo Weekes, Aaron Woods

I don't think massive clean outs are really a way to go about things when a club is playing like we are. We're not cellar dwellers, we're just missing a few key leadership positions in certain areas - dudes who would traditionally be referred to as enforcers, extremely professional journeymen, proven serviceable backups. Players like Morgan Boyle and Morgan Harper generally try, but they don't hold a candle to the Gorgeous George and Vic Mauro's or David Williams and William Hopoate's of the past, I'm sure there's many more examples.

Having strong depth is really tricky in todays game unless you've got a plug of quality players like the development teams. I think maintaining a core group over time is a stronger strategy for a club like us, and maybe controversial but under the first grade teams identity. Attempt to retain adequate players on minimum contracts whilst removing those who have shown their ceilings and are insufficient or developing on an unacceptable timeline to cycle in promising new players, should they be available.

It's just my opinion and I'm probably wrong but I think having a different reserve squad every season in the hope you import some superstar isn't going to provide dividends. They'll just be in a non-cohesive unit, which isn't going to help as far as balance or development go. I think that would heavily effect the targetted recruiting approach we seem to take (eg. Josh Schuster).
Good read.

OFF CONTRACT 2023

I agree we don’t need a massive clean out, that’s why I’ve only suggested three potential signings. I think we need something better than Croker though. That’s our biggest problem.

You call that list talent ??? I call them reserve graders.
What's wrong with Saab?

Trbo
Saab
Koula
Garrick
?????
Schuster
DCE

Paseka
Croker / ????
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Samuela
Jrbo

Res: Latu, Keppie, Bullemore, Tuilagi

Last edited:
I agree we don’t need a massive clean out, that’s why I’ve only suggested three potential signings. I think we need something better than Croker though. That’s our biggest problem.
team balance of which frog tips some scales here and not there is a major factor
we have a settled spine , mostly marquee and yet we still lack spine basics. frog is both a huge and subtle part of this equation

our unbalanced pack of planks need the balance that jakey and frog provide with defence, minutes and scrap plays

the team culture is not where it should be
croker balances that standard

we need a better hooker no doubt . the croker utility role is very sound and sets a precedent amongst the team that the potential VC is now benchy but does the humphries/latu and arthur congo with an front line 6 and 7 look good future planning

turpin seems a realistic pick up but before we massage the frog to ? we need to ensure we get a hooker that has all the skills
defence, marker engagement, passing but a decent kicking game. manly needs a front line kicking game in the mix so bad. we simply need more attacking kicks
i would let frog drift for that player and turpin does a few things well.

Question. whats his kicking game like. otherwise we could sign harry grant and next season be looking for a 13 that can game manage so everyone else can play there natural game

What's wrong with Saab?

Trbo
Saab
Koula
Garrick
?????
Schuster
DCE

Paseka
Croker / ????
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Samuela
Jrbo

Res: Latu, Keppie, Bullemore, Tuilagi

Saab is a great finisher. Has some defensive issues, but they can be corrected...if the coach does his job. The other wing position, I've suggested before, could have been Weekes. Not setting the world on fire at present. but he's fast, evasive, good under the ball, defensively OK Wont happen but I think its worth a try. Every game he plays will improve him.

Deserve is hugely subjective and always changing.

A club loses or wins 2-3 on the trot and the entire landscape changes.

Point is we are 1 point off 8th and 3 points off 4th.

Problem with us is our best games are borderline top 4 worthy and our worst fames are definitely spoon worthy.

If we can get more column A and less column B we can do.....but either way, at 1 point out of the 8 it is highly emotional for some to say the season is done.
Looking at the draw this team will need to muscle up to make the finals

We have 5 "easy" games against bulldogs, saints, foosters (twice) and Tigers

We have to win all of these, and then muscle up against:

Melbourne (away)
Warriors (away)
Panthers (home)
Sharks (away)
Cowboys (home)

Possible, but they will need to show a fair bit more than the limp efforts against Parra, Newcastle and Gold Coast recently.

DCE, Turbo and Jurbo hold the key.

NYEagle

Saab is a great finisher. Has some defensive issues, but they can be corrected...if the coach does his job. The other wing position, I've suggested before, could have been Weekes. Not setting the world on fire at present. but he's fast, evasive, good under the ball, defensively OK Wont happen but I think its worth a try. Every game he plays will improve him.
Weekes should have been given a go on the wing from Round One. Seibolds handling of Weekes has been borderline incompetent. Weekes has been very poorly used this season and is now so down on confidence, that it's unlikely he will become a regular first-grader for us in any position.

Garrick should have also started in the centres from Round One. I know Saab was out but we had enough cover in Vaega and Tuipoluto to work around that wing spot.

I agree with @Bearfax that if Weekes had played "week in and week out" in one position instead of several, he could have improved significantly as a player for us. It won't happen now, but I think we lost a real opportunity with him, by not utilising him as a winger in the early rounds.

Looking at the draw this team will need to muscle up to make the finals

We have 5 "easy" games against bulldogs, saints, foosters (twice) and Tigers

We have to win all of these, and then muscle up against:

Melbourne (away)
Warriors (away)
Panthers (home)
Sharks (away)
Cowboys (home)

Possible, but they will need to show a fair bit more than the limp efforts against Parra, Newcastle and Gold Coast recently.

DCE, Turbo and Jurbo hold the key.

NYEagle
Illawarra is our bogey team. No matter how we are travelling we struggle to beat them.
We've played them 33 times for 11 wins and 22 losses.

The Cleanout Perspective in a Results Driven Business

Clean up or Clean out

Nature Always takes its course

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8