1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Grand Finals.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Napper, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Parra v Manly - 76'

8am tomorrow on fox sports 2. Dogs Manly 95 is on tonight(if you like watching ****)
    [hr]
    Manly v Canberra 87 9am tomorrow.

2. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,855 / 192
    40 - Nil !!!

3. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    I've already scrolled through them ALL Bozo: the greatest win of them all doesn't get a run... WTF??

We feature in '87 and '95.... Watched the '91 Panther's win earlier today: footy has changed soooooo much since then, and not for the better IMHO.

There might be more, but aside from '87 they're all losses?

4. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,092 / 38
    Parra look to be on top early. Good take by Eadie to diffuse the first Peard bomb. Bozo quiet so far.
    [hr]
    Parra score - Porter off a Peard bomb. Not looking good at this stage.
    [hr]
    Lowe scores in the corner off a great Thompson pass. Eadie kicks the goal from the sideline - Manly 7, Parr 5. Thats more like it. Alan Thompson - a very underrated player in my book - reputation sullied by poor coaching record, but a great player overshadowed by two great sea eagle five-eighths - Bozo and Cliffy. Ian Martin another underrated player - Bozo has always said what a great player he was to have in the team - played in all 4 of our 70's premierships.
    [hr]
    Phil Lowe absolutely carving up out wide. Ref is killing us though - good to see nothing has changed.
    [hr]
    Half time - 7 all. Lets hope there is no second half fade out. We look to be on top at this stage.
    [hr]
    Parra score in the corner - Geoff Gerard. He would look good in Manly colours.
    [hr]
    Hate to say this, but they are all over us atm. Wombat is keeping us in the game - great defence, some strong runs and great under the Peard bombs. Need more from Bozo.

5. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +796 / 7
    Ian Martin was my favourite as a kid.
    The only problem was what number to put on the back of my jersey - 8, 6, 3 or 4?
    I settled with 6 which luckily for Manly and me Thommo was a great player too.
    He'd be an Origin cert these days. He was adept at all of of them, a 70's Keiran Foran.

6. TerryRandall

Ratings:
    +2,092 / 38
    Neville Glover has just dropped the game winner in the corner. Manly win.
    [hr]
    Thats a good comparison - yes, he was very much like Foran - tough and in everything.

7. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    What a time for my Foxtel signal to be butchered... Guttered I missed taping the '76 & '87 GFs...

8. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +497 / 6
  9. TerryRandall

Ratings:
    +2,092 / 38
    Thanks to Neville Glover dropped ball in the corner, yes we did.
    [hr]
    Now watching Hasler and Cleal going round in the 87 GF. Absolute tragedy they are now masterminding a possible bulldogs premiership.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    You can buy them all Mals from the Manly outlet. Give them a call.

11. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    Ohh how I wish we had a Terry Randall or a Ronny Gibbs in that backrow instead of that big useless lump Tdog.

12. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Awake at all hours last night so watched 1st half of Manly/Dogs. What a punishing game, made 7 linebreaks to 0 yet Dogs score off a Dymock foward pass Joe Montana would be proud of?? Dogs Won it with spoiling tactics, Lamb was smart enough to know anything go's in those old GF's & took advantage - ask Ellery Hanley.
    Forgot how good this side was & apart from falling at the final hurdle dominated the 1995 season. Had cement, Spud, Kosef, Ian Roberts up front with a young Beaver already a superstar. Backs were clinical.
    Just on Cliff Lyons - he was pressured for obvious reasons but watching him in action brings back great memories. Would put ANY of todays halves to shame with his creative ballskills & timing imo.
    That 1995 team would eat up 6 million in todays salary cap.......

13. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    It ate up pretty much the same in '97 during SL war, thanks to the ARL reneging on deals to prop up player payments for teams who stayed loyal. That virtually sent us broke and forced the merger to create the Northern Eagles.

14. The Indian

The Indian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 9
    1983 v Parra is on in the next couple of days.... havent seen this game since the day it happened and while 1982 Manly Parra often gets a run on these specials 1983 doesnt.

As frustrating as it is watching games like this that end in a loss - wishing Crusher, Eadie or Blake or whoever to get over the line when you know they aint gonna make it.

15. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    The '73 Manly v Cronulla GF is on at 12.00pm tomorrow (only 30 minutes long so obviously highlights only, or they cut all the bashings out of it)

'83 Manly v Eels is on at 4.00am Saturday morning.

16. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtuUI2LMR60

here's a sneak preview.
    The Moose at the commentary.
    Go Manly