Clarity Needed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
Look I do not want to push any panic buttons at this point but geez, as fans of this wonderful club we need some clarity over.

1) All these injuries?
2) Contract Negotiations (who is staying and who is leaving)?

And when the above is clearer, maybe things will start to fall into place for the players & the club and we can build the season we all wanted to build in 2012.

Are others here frustrated about being in the dark on these issues?

I am frustrated about all the talk and conjecture but it sells newspapers.

The club is not going to give information until all is signed and sealed as it might otherwise prejudice negotations and the actions of player-managers and other clubs. Most ethical agents give the existing club a last right of offer but there are lots of agendas swirling around in the breeze.

All we can do it be patient and it will all come out in the wash!!!

As for injuries - that is just luck and good injury management. We don't have the same level of depth with the cap pressure. Generally the fittest teams in September win the comp. Better now than later!!

Our injury and suspension toll is as bad now as it was in 2009.

In 2009 we didn't have our full outside backline on the field until late in the season, and this cost us big time.

This year we already started with a new backline, only to see people starting to drop off again.
Add to that key players such as Gifty and Trex, there is no wonder we are finding both scoring and stopping points, a difficult task.

I have faith that we will make a good run and a good fist of things in the coming weeks once we start to get some semblence of a full squad on the field

I can understand why contract negotiations aren't an open book. Why tip other clubs (competitors) to our dealings? Coke don't make their contract with Woolworths public if they can help it.

As for injury news, I'm a fan of the Stormers (Super 15) and they are astonishingly transparent about injuries on Facebook etc. John De Villiers has just been sent home for ankle surgery. We get the news plus an expected return date.

Frankly, its driving me nuts.

It was bad enough when the Scumdogs signed our coach. The gloating over them signing Foz and/or T-Rex will be unbearable.

They are my new most hated team.

Matabele said:
I can understand why contract negotiations aren't an open book. Why tip other clubs (competitors) to our dealings? Coke don't make their contract with Woolworths public if they can help it.

As for injury news, I'm a fan of the Stormers (Super 15) and they are astonishingly transparent about injuries on Facebook etc. John De Villiers has just been sent home for ankle surgery. We get the news plus an expected return date.

We don't have to tip other clubs to the negotiations because the player managers do that. No rival club CEO picks up the paper and sees that Kieran Foran still isn't signed and goes "Geez, I might make a call and see what he wants". The talk in the media either upsets or elates the fans depending on which side you support. How the fans react can sometimes force clubs to speed things up, eg DCE, but in the main I don't think speculation in the paper really makes a big difference to a players contract situation.

ME you are kidding if you think it was fan reaction that gave the DCE contract the hurry-up. It was the very unsubtle stunt devised by his manager, namely asking for a release from the club and announcing that request to the media.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
ME you are kidding if you think it was fan reaction that gave the DCE contract the hurry-up. It was the very unsubtle stunt devised by his manager, namely asking for a release from the club and announcing that request to the media.

I think your probably right in the main, but the reason why the player manager did that was to get a response from the public. The outrage is what ultimately forces the issue. Its a reason why that tactic would only work with a player who is a high priority.

Happy to donate to any charity.

But last week a bloke from the red cross knocked on my front door asking if I would like to "contribute" to the floods in Pakistan.

I said I would be more than happy to but my hose only reaches to the front gate.

(edited)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4