Christchurch Rebuild Blueprint

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
May be some here interested in this, just been released

Plans include a 35,000 covered stadium, Manly would look good playing there :)

http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/document/pdf/201231/Christchurch%20Central%20recovery%20plan.pdf

May be some here interested in this, just been released

Plans include a 35,000 covered stadium, Manly would look good playing there :)

http://media.nzherald.co.nz/webcontent/document/pdf/201231/Christchurch%20Central%20recovery%20plan.pdf

have they opened the time capsule they found in that statue yet?

I'm guessing it's not a priority at the moment.

Thanks for posting. Part of me wishes they'd get on with it instead of producing pretty brochures on tax payers money.

But you need a plan I guess.

Plus I liked the pics.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
have they opened the time capsule they found in that statue yet?

I'm guessing it's not a priority at the moment.

Thanks for posting. Part of me wishes they'd get on with it instead of producing pretty brochures on tax payers money.

But you need a plan I guess.

Plus I liked the pics.

I haven't heard about the time capsule for a while now !! From memory I think they did as I remember them mentioning something about finding original visions and plans for the city etc in there

She is a long process to get everything going again mate. The roads are still an absolute nightmare and people trying to get their homes fixed still having big issues with insurance companies. It here are still people without working toilets over in the eastern suburbs

I haven't heard about the time capsule for a while now !! From memory I think they did as I remember them mentioning something about finding original visions and plans for the city etc in there

She is a long process to get everything going again mate. The roads are still an absolute nightmare and people trying to get their homes fixed still having big issues with insurance companies. It here are still people without working toilets over in the eastern suburbs

Hows your house and things in your part of the neighbourhood going?

Kiwi Eagle said:

It sounds dreadful. Kiwi spirit to the fore! Sometimes it is a shame these things fall out of the media and we all go on. Insurance company issues? Surely you jest?!?!? Not. Most evil busineses on the planet.

Daniel said:

Quoted as it'd be good to know too!

Kiwi Eagle said:

It sounds dreadful. Kiwi spirit to the fore! Sometimes it is a shame these things fall out of the media and we all go on. Insurance company issues? Surely you jest?!?!? Not. Most evil busineses on the planet.

Daniel said:

Quoted as it'd be good to know too!

C&C, don't get me started on that one lol, it isn't past the line yet because they have to go through a lot of stuff to be able to alter that bit of land and there are many groups against it.
My club has been absolutely shafted, been on that spot 107 years and got given 6 weeks to make alternative plans, all of which has been rejected so far so watch this space on that one

Guys, in terms of my neighborhood, the place where I am should be ok, I live by a river, and the area I am in, 90% of it has been red zoned, which is bulldozing the lot. They are reassessing the land again so hopefully all good

It's a pretty stressful place to live, divorce rates up 5x above the norm apparently

Had a bit of bad news about a month back, my best mates place, overlooking the harbour with an amazing view, has been red stickered as well. Nothing wrong with the house but they have deemed the rocks above it too dangerous, even though they haven't seen one there. Am gonna miss waking up to that view, and I lose her to Melbourne because of !! Gutted

C&C, don't get me started on that one lol, it isn't past the line yet because they have to go through a lot of stuff to be able to alter that bit of land and there are many groups against it.
My club has been absolutely shafted, been on that spot 107 years and got given 6 weeks to make alternative plans, all of which has been rejected so far so watch this space on that one

Guys, in terms of my neighborhood, the place where I am should be ok, I live by a river, and the area I am in, 90% of it has been red zoned, which is bulldozing the lot. They are reassessing the land again so hopefully all good

It's a pretty stressful place to live, divorce rates up 5x above the norm apparently

Had a bit of bad news about a month back, my best mates place, overlooking the harbour with an amazing view, has been red stickered as well. Nothing wrong with the house but they have deemed the rocks above it too dangerous, even though they haven't seen one there. Am gonna miss waking up to that view, and I lose her to Melbourne because of !! Gutted

**** man thats terrible. Its all relatively slipped from the news now, so good to hear more about it, just sad it's not better news.

Have you still been living in the same house? What happens if and when they bulldoze it? Do they help you find another place to live etc?

**** man thats terrible. Its all relatively slipped from the news now, so good to hear more about it, just sad it's not better news.

Have you still been living in the same house? What happens if and when they bulldoze it? Do they help you find another place to live etc?

Yeah still in the same place, the block of flats where we are have been given the thumbs up so far so hopefully it stays that way. From our place all the way to the end of the st is going, and then around the river

Basically I think you are on your own if your place is red stickered. The big thing now is that the insurance companies are really mucking some people around, and they are stuck, concerned and can't really do a thing.

They went through a process of every single house in the city being assessed for the cost of repairs, if it is still livable etc. From there if your house was no good, you got a cheque for what the market value was in 2007, but some people have been having a nightmare getting hold of that. For the places needing repairs, that process has started. Someone at work has spent the past 6 weeks living in a motel as her house got sorted, and apparently the work done has been pretty shabby, a lot of cowboys have entered the building game to try and take advantage of the rebuild.

Another problem coming up is that you can't get new insurance now because the companies arent offering it so any new place you look to build is a big risk at this stage

The roads around the city are an absolute disgrace, they try to fix them but they all fall away again and it's a never ending process. After rain you can't tell where the potholes are either which can cause some damage

We still get the aftershocks, haven't had anything too big for a while now but enough there to keep you honest. They don't really worry me too much but some family members are terrified of them and it effects them a lot

Yeah still in the same place, the block of flats where we are have been given the thumbs up so far so hopefully it stays that way. From our place all the way to the end of the st is going, and then around the river

Basically I think you are on your own if your place is red stickered. The big thing now is that the insurance companies are really mucking some people around, and they are stuck, concerned and can't really do a thing.

They went through a process of every single house in the city being assessed for the cost of repairs, if it is still livable etc. From there if your house was no good, you got a cheque for what the market value was in 2007, but some people have been having a nightmare getting hold of that. For the places needing repairs, that process has started. Someone at work has spent the past 6 weeks living in a motel as her house got sorted, and apparently the work done has been pretty shabby, a lot of cowboys have entered the building game to try and take advantage of the rebuild.

Another problem coming up is that you can't get new insurance now because the companies arent offering it so any new place you look to build is a big risk at this stage

The roads around the city are an absolute disgrace, they try to fix them but they all fall away again and it's a never ending process. After rain you can't tell where the potholes are either which can cause some damage

We still get the aftershocks, haven't had anything too big for a while now but enough there to keep you honest. They don't really worry me too much but some family members are terrified of them and it effects them a lot

Jeez man that sounds like a nightmare. Are you planning on staying there long term, or is this going to be the catalyst for you to move on and away from the area?

Jeez man that sounds like a nightmare. Are you planning on staying there long term, or is this going to be the catalyst for you to move on and away from the area?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4