1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Flannery

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by PJ, Jun 17, 2005.

1. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Just a follow up on Chris Flannery for the AE crew.
    I have it on very good authority now that it's "extremely" doubtful he will be staying at the Roosters and at this stage it is between Manly and Souths, and then maybe Gold Coast further down the track.
    What happened to our resident super sleuth Sherlock - I thought you would have been onto this sort of stuff ;)

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Thanks PJ or should I say Scoop - it looks like Souths are chasing just about everyone off contract.

No news on the issue as yet.

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    proabably too busy writing for womans day, our sherlock

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Flannery would be a good fill in for Lyon.

A very versatile player

5. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Flannery 5/8 - Witt to half - monas to hooker?

6. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    all of the above, that would be my positioning Wheels but hes also a solid centre and a great lock forward.

7. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    I think he would be fairly handy- it was funny hearing it from my source who isn't the biggest Manly fan.
    Previously he told me there was no chance but I'd say he would have changed his tune after looking into the situation a bit further.

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I hope this is on the money. Flannery would be a good buy. Can cover quite a few positions and has plenty of big game experience. And as much as I hate the Roosters, they have a good setup so I imagine he would be very professional in his approach, and could bring a bit of it with him. A bit like BK's contibutions this year.

We really need to sort out of halves, and the Witt/Flanno combo with Monas to hooker would be a step in the right direction.

9. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    PJ is no Sherlock

10. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  11. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    I disagree guys. I watched the origin, and also the game the roosters played against the sharks. Flannery has been a passenger. The reason he has his level of success in my opinion, is due to Gould & Stuart. He is or would be a power player, and that is what we already have an abundance of. We need finesse players like Berrigan who can break the line.

12. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Flannery is a really good utility player, i.e. he can play centre, five eight, second row, lock, fullback. Unfortunately, he isn't better than our current players in all of those positions.

13. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Ryan, we can all dream. When was the last time the Broncos lost a current international?