Chez injury news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Like many, DCE is the type of player who would be out there playing injured if he could.
I'm hoping that our side goes really well, in fact exceptionally well, without him (well, I would anyway), and take a bit of the pressure off him that I think he (and a few on here:)) is putting on himself.
Not wanting to give advice to a champion footballer, but I think he needs to rediscover his natural game and try to enjoy playing a bit more. Making the odd mistake has to be part of that (with each error not measured in $).

Like many, DCE is the type of player who would be out there playing injured if he could.
I'm hoping that our side goes really well, in fact exceptionally well, without him (well, I would anyway), and take a bit of the pressure off him that I think he (and a few on here:)) is putting on himself.
Not wanting to give advice to a champion footballer, but I think he needs to rediscover his natural game and try to enjoy playing a bit more. Making the odd mistake has to be part of that (with each error not measured in $).
Joey and Freddy said what we've been saying - Chez is trying to lift his forwards by taking on their role as well as being a half back. He exhausts himself and then his kicking game and game management suffer @:cool: They suggests he hang back and look for the plays like other halves :)

It may be a blessing in disguise, to have him observe how our forwards structure themselves :)

DCE's injury is no excuse if we lose to Souths. They will also be missing their halfback (Reynolds).

Joey and Freddy said what we've been saying - Chez is trying to lift his forwards by taking on their role as well as being a half back. He exhausts himself and then his kicking game and game management suffer @:cool: They suggests he hang back and look for the plays like other halves :)

It may be a blessing in disguise, to have him observe how our forwards structure themselves :)
Agree 100%. DCE had a number of hit ups last night that should have been someone else's job. Full credit to him!

I'd be bringing Isaac John in for sure. He looked good in the 9's and has plenty of experience. We need a relatively steady hand and a solid defender - I'd be picking him over Moltzen or Hynes (at this stage of his career).

Leave Killer in the centres, otherwise we have two weakened positions instead of one.

Some of our plodder forwards like starling need to lift their game and take the pressure of the half back

Would be tempted to play Parcell at 7 and bring Koroisau back into 9. Lyon just coming back into form in the centres. DCE had been trying too hard and shouldn't be required to do hit ups. I have noticed that the dogs ran big units at DCE to wear him out.The break might do him good and it might bring the best out of Walker who is starting to show the signs of a champion running 5/8.

Dce has playing well, his defence and he's hit ups have been great. When our forwards get on a roll he looks great. Our forwards need to lift every minute

This will be a blessing in disguise. Subliminal leadership will grow within Walker and the forwards will have to go up another gear. John should slip straight into halfback to play an organising roll.
We will see simple but effective footy for the next month.
I just don't agree with John as the solution. He is returning from injury himself. Matt Parcell to halfback and Api to hooker.

A massive what if, but what would happen if say Isaac John came in, played confidently, and extremely well (knowing DCE has been ordinary for quite a while now), and we start killing it?

What happens when DCE then becomes fit? Do you just automatically drop John?

A massive what if, but what would happen if say Isaac John came in, played confidently, and extremely well (knowing DCE has been ordinary for quite a while now), and we start killing it?

What happens when DCE then becomes fit? Do you just automatically drop John?

You know the answer to that.
Yes

I just don't agree with John as the solution. He is returning from injury himself. Matt Parcell to halfback and Api to hooker.
I wouldn't be putting an NRL rookie out of position at halfback. Yes John is returning from injury, but he has a game under his belt from last week, I'm sure he can manage the fitness side of things.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8