Chez and Walkz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Paw93

Reserve Grader
I know most of you don't think the same but I have to say, Chez and Walker combined so much better than what I thought. Saw Daly run straight with the ball in two hands for the first time in ages. I think Daly played like a 5/8 today while taking most of the kicks with Turbo and Walker chiming in.

Tom, you can be the best player in the world right now if you cut out the stupid errors. He's a big confidence player and right now he is down on it.

Loved seeing Uate rip in. The big guy deserves the boost after what he's been through recently. Thompson has become the player we wanted. Hitting hard in defence, making some nice runs and lifting the boys with talk. Our big men did a great job overall. Suli never looked out of place and could be a gun for us with Walker taking up no.6. Also Matt Wright was really good with his defensive plays. Had a crucial drop but hardly the reason we lost.

All in all, this team as it is can do so much if they hold on to it. A far cry from where we couldn't see the way up. Hope they take this confidence into next week because if we turn it on and pull it off then this year might be a bit too far but next year we're well in it.

Come on Sea Eagles! Rally behind our great team and watch them rip in for the rest of the season.

Our attack was clumsy and that was to be expected, I thought Dylan did well and he is beginning to hit his stride, DCE, needs to inject himself more and take on the line and REPEAT 1000 times, I will not miss goal kicks from dead in front of the posts!!!

Still have the problem of one general play kicker and it showed again today as it has all year.

I'm starting to think DCE only has two plays, A dummy followed by a John Gibbs step. The other a late short ball to the second rower.

The kick to Wright as a clutch play was not good...but his effort was there.
That left side with Turbo chiming in for a last gasp victory seemed the play...but the determination of DCE can not be denied

Sorry to disagree about their combination today. What I saw was 3 centres and no structure in attack.

Our boys played with a lot of heart today and that almost got us over the line against a team who if we cheated the cap, they are downright robbing it. But we had nothing in attack other than some individual brilliance. The Chooks defence looked better than it was today because we had no idea with the ball.

Last year we had arguably the best long and short kicking game in the NRL. This year we have arguably the worst.

Sorry to disagree about their combination today. What I saw was 3 centres and no structure in attack.

Our boys played with a lot of heart today and that almost got us over the line against a team who if we cheated the cap, they are downright robbing it. But we had nothing in attack other than some individual brilliance. The Chooks defence looked better than it was today because we had no idea with the ball.

Last year we had arguably the best long and short kicking game in the NRL. This year we have arguably the worst.
True this
Walker was always going to run better after 2 years , especially on the back of a team making crazy metres through the middle, custom built for a runner.
Still looked clunky and disorganised to the point, players on 4 separate occasions, had to submit to avoid obstruction....
Roosters were there to be beaten from the kickoff and if the team had control at 10-0, would have got home with ease.

Cherry is so out of form it ain't funny. Dylan is an ok stopgap. We havnt really got anyone else I guess.

Matt wright was terrible, no penetration at all, I saw him make 1/2 metre off a 20 metre tap. 2 crucial drops and he is just too slow. I done want him in the side at all.

Attack looked clunky because they haven't played with real effort till this game. I thought there were good indications that this could work. Having a genuine option in attack to DCE in Walker was a big advantage to Croker. Let's just hope he's not out injured next week.

When you analyse our backline it's no wonder we were clunky. We were missing our best winger (Tafua). Had a centre playing 5/8th, had Mathew Wright on the wing, who is just filling in because of injuries; had a 19-year old playing his first game for Manly in the centres who was promoted early because of injuries; had Tom Turbo playing his worst game ever in first grade . . .
I also though Api didn't run much, and he is important to our attack.
On the plus side were gutsy performances from Kapow, Uate, Thompson and Jake.
Before this match most posters on here were tipping Easts by 13+. Be thankful that this was a greatly improved performance.
I do think we must promote Hastings to 5/th and push Kelly out to the wing in place of Wright. We do need a 5/8 who can kick and set up play.

Trent Barrett did say during the week that both Api and Tom have to step up and help with the organising of the team. I think while we have DCE and Walker as the halves.....its critical that they actually do that because neither Cherry nor Walks are organisers, they're runners.

i thought they went ok, if it wasn't for some absolutely desperate goal line defence (which have to give credit too), we score a heap more tries. If we played like that previous weeks, we win a few games.

It was mostly on the back of marty's runs, he was outstanding. And cherry was every where, if it were not for tom having an off day, we should of scored a lot more.

Walker did play well there today and took alot of heat off dce. Tom also provided a pressure release valve around the ruck and allowed dce to run more. All in all a good effort , but the Wright and Tommy errors cost us the win .

100% The fact that we have one of the best centres in the comp playing 6 (again) when we have an actual 6 ready to go (in Hastings) is a total failure of leadership by Baz/DCE. Total failure.

Give DCE a proper organising 5/8 and he won't look so out of form.

Unfortunately Barrett seems dead against doing that. We have one, but he refuses to play him.
I think I've heard of him Harvey....no, Harold....no, Hastings....YES, that's him!@:p

Walker did play well there today and took alot of heat off dce. Tom also provided a pressure release valve around the ruck and allowed dce to run more. All in all a good effort , but the Wright and Tommy errors cost us the win .
Yes... but for me the critical moment was AFB losing the ball on the second hit up out of our half following points. We had a 10-0 lead, all the momentum and looking good. That stupid error quickly triggered us back into the same loser mentality of recent performances. Sure enough, we let in a soft try on the following set. Then, the very next time we got possession, M. Wright dropped the ball in the very first tackle from a scrum on our line... and on cue, Roosters score the softest try through our three biggest forwards. The psyche and pattern was triggered and they fell into it on cue. Yes, they did fight all the way to the end, but were constantly self-constrained in that loop of self-sabotaging errors.

True this
Walker was always going to run better after 2 years , especially on the back of a team making crazy metres through the middle, custom built for a runner.
Still looked clunky and disorganised to the point, players on 4 separate occasions, had to submit to avoid obstruction....
Roosters were there to be beaten from the kickoff and if the team had control at 10-0, would have got home with ease.

If only we had a half at the club who could effectively organise the attack, add a bit of polish and take a load of pressure off DCE and the team :think:

Oh wait......

Give DCE a proper organising 5/8 and he won't look so out of form.

Unfortunately Barrett seems dead against doing that. We have one, but he refuses to play him.

its strange isn't it, almost like there is something going on behind the cameras we don't know about.........

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8