1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cherry out; Choc in doubt

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Snake, May 30, 2014.

1. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,522 / 134
    http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/05/30/injury_update_cherry_out_choc_in_doubt.html

Daly Cherry-Evans has been ruled out of Sunday afternoon’s clash with the Brisbane Broncos, unfortunatley succumbing to a knee injury sustained in Wednesday night’s State of Origin clash at Suncorp.

The Club has ordered the halfback to spend the next few days resting, before commencing intense rehab in a bid to be fit again to take on the Bulldogs at Brookvale Oval next Friday Night.

Second rower Anthony Watmough remains hopeful of playing a part this Sunday, despite re-injuring his left arm on Wednesday. He will be given up until kick off to prove his fitness.

2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    What happened with the calf injury in the Anzac Test?

We seemed to have moved up Sid's leg, first the knee, then hip problems and now a dickey knee again :huh:

They should both rest and let the newbies have a taste of a Suncorp win :)

3. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Woolgoolga, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +522 / 0
    As HM moved up Sid's leg, all seemed to go dickey at once.

• Like Like x 3
  4. HappilyManly

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
  5. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    Is Foz definitely back? As much as I hate injuries. If one of Foz and DCE are available and we can keep giving JLJ extended games, I'm not too upset. This kid is getting some great experience and I like what I'm seeing.

Plus a rest for DCE wont be a bad thing. (although it will probably be reported that he refuses to play with Choc or Gift). In fact I'm surprised the media haven't said he plays for Qld because he doesn't want to play with them in SOO matches!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    A lot of people seem to think this game is an easy 2 points regardless if DCE and Choc play.My money would be on the broncos with these guys out.They were very unlucky getting beat on the bell by Bunnies and Roosters.No Choc and no Glen means no mongrel- Chocs presence means so much to this team and my hunch is we will see that Sunday if he is missing.

Not talking about this case as these guys aren't fit to play but I don't buy all this resting players stuff that some people advocate.People talk as if top 4 is a given.Guess what,it isn't!.If they are fit play them,they are pro athletes.Top 4 is vital and will come down to a couple of points.With our regular injury toll during the year we need all the points on offer.We are a good team but ,unlike plenty of people on here,I don't think we are good enough to leave top players out for a rest,especially given our injury run.They are paid to play,so play them.Our whole club is built on toughness.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HappilyManly

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Just watching last night's Footy Show.

It had a shot of Sid in the dressingroom with icepacks on his right hip and left knee :s So both legs are injured :angel:

I really hope that Choc is left at home in Sydney, he needs to relax :)

8. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,642 / 74
    DCE and Choc should have stayed in Brisbane after the Origin, and kicked on until sunday - they could then meet up with the rest of the team pre-game.

9. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +522 / 0
    Agree, my only proviso would be if there exists a risk of doing greater harm.

10. davohan123

davohan123 Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +986 / 56
    Susan I agree
    Not an easy 2 points as most people believe
    Brisbane favourites for mine on Sunday
    Them by 8
    I would happily be proven wrong though:)

11. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,408 / 35
    Bongos this year was never going to be easy to beat.

I think it will be a tough clash anyway. If Foz is fit then we have a fighting chance. We are a strong team and always dig deep when players are out.

Kingy will bring the mongrel that we will miss with Choc.

I have to support their decision to rest DCE. We need him next week vs Dogs and its better he rests and improves his chance for recovery.

12. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Yeah obv they play if fit - and both have played many games already when wounded. No question of either guys' toughness.

There's no point or need to risk them further on Sunday; and a perfect chance for guys like Jack LJ, TRed, JSL etc to step up and prove their worth right now.

Every 2 points are vital, but better to gamble on a possible loss now, rather than playing half-fit guys and losing them for longer...OR the rest of the year.

You watch though...esp with Choc.

If he can move he'll put his hand up for the fight and run on, on Sunday!

13. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    Can't see Choc explaining his need to stay in Brizbain to The Missus. "There's a Rave Party I simply Must attend - Ok honey ?" :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    I agree that resting players for the sake of it is not required. But we shouldn't treat a Rd 12 clash with the Broncs as a GF. If Choc, DCE or anyone else is going to do extra damage, or if a week off will most likely take them from 70% fitness to 95% I think it's necessary.

The other point for me is we can't rely on Choc or Gifts toughness for eternity. These guys have been the lynchpin of this for years. The Horos, T-Reds, JSL need to start bringing this mongrel. And no better way to get them to do it.

These guys (like JLJ) need an opportunity, and then need to take it with both hands.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +828 / 10
    Littlejohn for DCE or will it be
    7. Foran
    6. Lyon
    5. Tafua
    4. Matai
    3. Hiku
    2. Wolfie
    1. Snake

16. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Yeah, it's already been decided mate.

Tooves named Jack for Cherry.

And I agree on other guys to step up in the pigs.

This is the time for a guy like Horo to really show some leadership; not to mention Kingdog, even from the bench.

17. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,792 / 58
    Manly by 50+

!

• Like Like x 1
  18. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Were you drunk-posting again here mate, or having an epiphany of epic proportions?

Choc and Cherry out; global in extreme doubt!

Lol.

19. HappilyManly

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Thats Canadian 50, equates to 36+, to get Manly into their rightfull spot :D

20. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +522 / 0
    Got to love that Moose juice, or are mixing and blending your meds up again?

Hope your right though.