Channel Nine NRL Ratings Plummet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This makes me so so so so so happy!
Read this article. You will gain much satisfaction from it, starting from the opening line: ''SYDNEY rugby league fans have switched off Channel Nine TV veterans Ray Warren and Phil Gould.''.

I love the effort Fox Sports have put into their rugby league department. Nine have always done a mediocre job of their coverage. Everything from the horrendous commentating to the way they baulk at showing live games. I hope their ratings keep dropping in the face of increased, brilliant Fox Sports coverage.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...e/news-story/431f03a793f668ade93211ca8652ef63

I hate ch9, the old days were horrendous. No live games at all, I'll never forget the crap service. Fox just kills them in every aspect, they actually cater for the fans which is the whole point!!

Why would you watch a senile old fool like Ray Warren take about Cameron, and Greg, and Billy each week? (which is how the senile old idiot talks about them, he should have retired 20 years ago).

The biggest thing though is that the general public is sick and tired of watching the Broncos each and every week.

The Channel 9 ratings were massively down (except of course in Brisbane) - nobody outside of there cares, and in fact clearly does not want to watch the Drongos each and every week on Channel 9.

Manly of course would have rated out of the roof because they are the greatest club in the existence of the entire universe. And I will hear of no argument otherwise.

Nine have shot themselves in the foot. Weekly Broncos. Wankfests over Billy and Cam. Danny Weildler spending every waking hour looking for scandals. In-game commentary is dated. Etc, etc It makes me happy to see it. Hopefully the slide continues and the NRL show some balls next time the rights come up and shop the product around properly.

Last edited:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/fox-sports-subscription
This won't give you LIVE games, but replays of EVERY game plus all the Fox Sports Shows for $49.99 per year
Thats a pretty cool deal. If i lived in Oz still i would consider that. Ive seen some of the new shows on Fox Sports. Matty Johns has the new Thurs night late show, theres a show entirely of women talking chick stuff, 360 is still there, its almost worth it just for the huge amount of rugby league shows and content. Fox Sports are killing it. And in the process killing Nine. You got to love that!

Foxtel add the otherday, $99 inc foxsports +46 channels and 200gig internet, rang them up but they only do adsl2 and i would be getting "up to 6 Mbps"

Testra offering to cable (currently on cable)1000gig and standad foxtel $99 + $35 per month for sports pack.
Or subscibe to livestream for 2.99 per week.

Have always watched the Fox coverage but have respect for Warren and Gould. Seems to be some young people having a crack at them here purely because of their age.

Nine sucks not because of their commentary but because of their poor delivery of a great game. IE Bronco centric, time slots, nothing live until recently, ads, delay of start of games.

Have always watched the Fox coverage but have respect for Warren and Gould. Seems to be some young people having a crack at them here purely because of their age.

Nine sucks not because of their commentary but because of their poor delivery of a great game. IE Bronco centric, time slots, nothing live until recently, ads, delay of start of games.

Think you are right there , I don't mind Warren as a caller but when they try and do that funny stuff it's just stupid.

Remember that smartarse Gyngell sitting at the conference table in front of the TV cameras about 5-6 years ago being asked questions?

" we own the game now so we will do whatever we want with it" ( when asked about showing both games live on a Friday night on two seperate channels).

As I said before , " stick that upya wanker".

Gould has some good insights. Like when he let rip at McGuire last night for playing Inglis injured.

But Rabs has been done for a decade. He doesn't understand the nuance of the modern game.
I compare the situation to the cricket coverage. Nine go for the big gun ex Australian captains and legends but that doesn't translate to articulate and intelligent discussion of the game. Compared to abc radio the commentary is a bloody blokey slap on the back-fest.

Same with the league and fox. It pains me to say it but even Braith Anasta, Michael Ennisar and Mark Gasnier and good talent. I didn't like them as players but they do a great job on the coverage.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8