Champions don't use excuses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

double hoops

First Grader
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Someone thinking this is a champion Manly team.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Carrigan’s leg speed means he hits the line so hard and his late footwork allows him to wedge between defenders. Very effective as you suggest.

What’s also interesting about athleticism, is what it can do for a team’s defence. Brisbane and Penrith have really athletic and mobile forward packs, that cover the ground quickly in defence, alleviating pressure around the ruck. We all know ruck speed means the edges can be exposed, as the line struggles to set and defenders get sucked into the middle. The two benchmark sides rarely have these issues because their middles are so effective in defence.

I’ve been watching the Dogs closely to see how they go with a smaller, leaner pack. They still have some issues with their halves, but this smaller approach seems to have helped their defence. I still think they’ll miss the finals, but i believe their defence has improved because they’ve got a lean and athletic pack.
It’s a long season for small forwards, I been watching this Tactic also, my view is it will be effective at the front end of the season but as the bigger forwards get more fitness under them the smaller forwards will get dominated at the back end of the season.

They looked more focused on playing footy than looking at the referee for penalties today, that’s a good sign for me, too much behaviour like Moses and Gutherson complaining in recent weeks.
For a couple of decades it has been an issue but tolerable while having success.

Time for the Man part in Manly to start owning up, turning up and manning up, yesterdays efforts is a good start.

The Who

Journey Man
Nobody is suggesting this side is a champion team. It is evenly matched with 12 other teams and luck does play a huge part in success. Plus The Bunker, which is the biggest waste of money since Billy Idol was hired to be the GF entertainment.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
The best play of the entire game was Talau attempting (albeit failing) to come out of the line and blindside the opposition with a big hit. We used to renown for our brutal and uncompromising style. Now we are the attack happy powder puffs of the NRL; the new Titans. Thanks Seibold.

Ryan

Journey Man
For a couple of decades it has been an issue but tolerable while having success.

Time for the Man part in Manly to start owning up, turning up and manning up, yesterdays efforts is a good start.

Find it amazing all the commentators said we lacked intensity, energy and effort. But not our Silvertails community. So full of praise and satisfaction.

Don't get me wrong, kudos to Smoothy (28 games), Madden (27 games), (debutant) Karapani (1 game), Mozer (2 games) - they got the job done.

But mate, we should have destroyed the Broncos yesterday.

Find it amazing all the commentators said we lacked intensity, energy and effort. But not our Silvertails community. So full of praise and satisfaction.

Don't get me wrong, kudos to Smoothy (28 games), Madden (27 games), (debutant) Karapani (1 game), Mozer (2 games) - they got the job done.

But mate, we should have destroyed the Broncos yesterday.
I was referring to the defensive efforts of the middles not the entire game performance.

Manly should of won a few games this year, the point is being 12-0 down away from home and not playing at our best we grinded away and came back.

Yes we played a little too conservatively but after the last couple of weeks it was understandable Manly played within themselves especially on a wet track, i feel a dry track Manly would of been more dominant.

To talk in "should of" tones is as bad as Schuster talking himself up without the substance to back it up, Manly need a reality check big time and grinding away no matter the quality of the opposition is a good start to that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14