Champions don't use excuses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I just wanna quickly say there are too many excuse clauses inserted into the Manly losses and personally reckon it is a weak mentality and I will never turn my back on this club win, lose or draw.
Blaming refs, bounce of the ball ect is not inspiring and is just a Band-Aid over the harsh truth. - we simply haven't been good enough.
To claim the ref gave a soft penalty- yeh I buy that but what a silly rushed challenge by Paulo knowing how soft the NRL is and the Oka pass to Garrick was a metre forward and I was happy to take that and really, if an 80 minute game we can't combat a bad call or 2, the problem is with the Manly resilience because the champion teams of yesteryear would use these bad calls to inspire them and fight through it with guts and determination, not throw the toys out the pram
Thing is you make your own luck in this game through effort and I feel we are getting out energised, which is clearly shown around the ruck and the opposition always seems more determined to find feet after most tackles in both attack and defence.
Anyways it was a decent second half after an uninspiring first 40 minutes and hope we can jusp off the excuse train and roll up the sleeves in coming weeks and improved results will follow

Ryan

Journey Man
I just wanna quickly say there are too many excuse clauses inserted into the Manly losses and personally reckon it is a weak mentality and I will never turn my back on this club win, lose or draw.
Blaming refs, bounce of the ball ect is not inspiring and is just a Band-Aid over the harsh truth. - we simply haven't been good enough.
To claim the ref gave a soft penalty- yeh I buy that but what a silly rushed challenge by Paulo knowing how soft the NRL is and the Oka pass to Garrick was a metre forward and I was happy to take that and really, if an 80 minute game we can't combat a bad call or 2, the problem is with the Manly resilience because the champion teams of yesteryear would use these bad calls to inspire them and fight through it with guts and determination, not throw the toys out the pram
Thing is you make your own luck in this game through effort and I feel we are getting out energised, which is clearly shown around the ruck and the opposition always seems more determined to find feet after most tackles in both attack and defence.
Anyways it was a decent second half after an uninspiring first 40 minutes and hope we can jusp off the excuse train and roll up the sleeves in coming weeks and improved results will follow

I'm sorry I could only winner this once mate. I miss loving (jeez, even LIKING) this team.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
The fact Seibold was smiling and visibly delighted, singing praise, makes me sick. He is the real embarrassment
Echoes of Barrett?

Speaking of which, there are similarities. If coaches were actors, then Barrett was the footballing equivalent of George Hamilton:
IMG_9759.jpeg

Now we’re stuck with Jackie Coogan:
IMG_9760.jpeg

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Good Morning Feathered Friend , I admire your Proud and Passionate Manly High Standards
These are the same High Standards that made our club Great
and the high Standards of our Great Manly Premiership Winners and the Benchmark of our Legendary clubs success

And Speaking of Proud
This is todays and every game days Proud Perspective .......
Every Game comes with Misfortunes , Miss Opportunities and Mistakes
And in Every game when the teams Plan A fails the Winning team comes up with the inspired coaches Plan B and take their opportunities and Prevails
The losing teams coach comes with Excuses and Excuses come with a Loss

Last night in the Magic round The NRL World Witnessed two coaches with two different Proud Perspectives
The Raiders were down on 11 men and Points deficit and came from behind and Prevailed and in the Press conference their coach said he was proud of their win

The Manly Sea eagles could not come up with a Plan B to close their last 3 games and succumbed to 3 losses in a row and also lost their top 8 spot and their Coach in the Press conference said he was proud of their loss

The moral of the story and the Words from one of the Greatest Winning coaches in the History
of All Professional Sport Vince Lombardi
SHOW ME A GOOD LOSER
AND I WILL SHOW YOU A LOSER
1715976494874.png

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Of course you are right but its a lot of fun to pick apart key moments from matches that dont go our way.
A lot of things also went our way but we could not come away with a win
just like our blatant forward pass try that didn't catch the refs eye

The Key moments of any game is the Character of a team that prevails
and the Character of a team that fails to take their opportunities and fails

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The fact Seibold was smiling and visibly delighted, singing praise, makes me sick. He is the real embarrassment

When your record is as bad as his, and the team is as bad as ours I guess its a good result. I could accept it maybe if we had won one or two of those "blown" wins.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I agree with the sentiments of the thread. However, I see the ‘out enthused’ and the ‘ruck’ as byproducts of the athleticism (or lack there of) in our pack. Brisbane is a fast side with power and leg speed. We are slow and lumbering and that’s why we get done through the middle.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I agree with the sentiments of the thread. However, I see the ‘out enthused’ and the ‘ruck’ as byproducts of the athleticism (or lack there of) in our pack. Brisbane is a fast side with power and leg speed. We are slow and lumbering and that’s why we get done through the middle.
I’m always surprised at how hard Pat Carrignan is to put down. He doesn’t look huge but man he makes some metres. Great player - and (to your point) athletic!! Paseka has that potential. He brings it only sporadically at the moment. Ola as well.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I’m always surprised at how hard Pat Carrignan is to put down. He doesn’t look huge but man he makes some metres. Great player - and (to your point) athletic!! Paseka has that potential. He brings it only sporadically at the moment. Ola as well.
Carrigan’s leg speed means he hits the line so hard and his late footwork allows him to wedge between defenders. Very effective as you suggest.

What’s also interesting about athleticism, is what it can do for a team’s defence. Brisbane and Penrith have really athletic and mobile forward packs, that cover the ground quickly in defence, alleviating pressure around the ruck. We all know ruck speed means the edges can be exposed, as the line struggles to set and defenders get sucked into the middle. The two benchmark sides rarely have these issues because their middles are so effective in defence.

I’ve been watching the Dogs closely to see how they go with a smaller, leaner pack. They still have some issues with their halves, but this smaller approach seems to have helped their defence. I still think they’ll miss the finals, but i believe their defence has improved because they’ve got a lean and athletic pack.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
In his budget reply speech that out lined the Albanese Labor party flaws that keep failing our economy .
Peter Dutton quoted Paul Keating when he quite rightly said in 1996
WHEN YOU CHANGE THE GOVERNMENT YOU CHANGE THE COUNTRY

A lot of things are relevant in life and this is one of them
When you change your Head Coach you change the dynamics of your team
And this was proven so many times .Sometimes for the better and some times for the worst
What is Evident though is Change brings Change

South Sydney have made a change in replacing a Siebold pedigree coach in coach Demetriou with a Wayne Bennet Pedigree coach and Great change is sure to follow

We all agree on the most important thing on here
What all Passionate Manly people want is what our Legendary club deserves
We all want things to change for the Better and Live up to our proud clubs Benchmark premiership Winning ways
And for this to Happen We obviously need Strong leadership change

Strong Leaders like Wayne Bennet are the Change for the Better
1715990479251.png

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
It doesn’t exactly send a message to the fans that he’s aware of the problems and determined to get things right, does it?!! 😵‍💫

The main message of a head coach is the one that he preaches to his players and inspires them and gets the best out of them individually and together as a team

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14