Celebrating Australia Day . The Greatest Nation in the World

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Happy "Australia day" champs!

And in a bonus for me, mrs ge found a place that hand makes LAMINGTONS!!! woohoo

Photo 2024-01-25, 5 05 44 PM.jpg

And a local place that makes "aussie burgers"

- which have egg, bacon, pineapple and beetroot on it.

Although I get it without beetroot, as we all know beetroot is a disgusting addition that tastes like dirt and never should be eaten in any form ever...! No beetroot (or beet as they say here)

Have a great day. :)

Australia Day is a funny day now. Iin years gone by if I was walking down the street on Australia Day people would say "Happy Australia Day". Now, no way ..... everyone is scared to offend.

Anyway, that the world as it is.

Last edited:
Australia Day is a funny day now. Iin years gone by if I was working down the street on Australia Day people would say "Happy Australia Day". Now, no way ..... everyone is scared to offend.

Anyway, that the world as it is.

Tomorrow it'll all be over, then they'll move onto attacking Easter, then onto the next, rinse repeat rinse repeat.

Australia Day is a funny day now. Iin years gone by if I was working down the street on Australia Day people would say "Happy Australia Day". Now, no way ..... everyone is scared to offend.
Happy Australia Day @Wombat64
I am at work looking after the security of a Building that has a diverse range of people
and I have not offended any one of them by greeting them with an enthusiastic "May our Great Nations Day be a Happy Day for you "

And in a bonus for me, mrs ge found a place that hand makes LAMINGTONS!!! woohoo

View attachment 25877

- which have egg, bacon, pineapple and beetroot on .

Although I get it without beetroot, as we all know beetroot is a disgusting addition that tastes like dirt and never should be eaten in any form ever...! No beetroot (or beet as they say here)

Enjoy mate, good to see a great Aussie icon born right here in Toowoomba is able to be enjoyed in Canada!

Although I won't send full love as we will clash heavily on World Beetroot Day! We all should worship at the Beetroot Altar!

Happy Australia Day everyone. Hope you enjoy the day with family and friends. Unfortunately the NRL and clubs wont say it, including Manly. But we are expected to respect their indigenous rounds, inclusive rounds etc etc etc. Anyway have a good day.

1706237445733.png

Happy Australia Day everyone. Hope you enjoy the day with family and friends. Unfortunately the NRL and clubs wont say it, including Manly. But we are expected to respect their indigenous rounds, inclusive rounds etc etc etc. Anyway have a good day.

View attachment 25879
Happy Australia Day to you and your Great Australian Family @Frogz

As Australians we are United and as individual groups we are divided
For the sake of our National interest we Should all be united and celebrate the Greatness of our Nation

So V'Landys happy to take the sponsors cash today, as well as help his betting mates cashflow, with Warwick Farm (Racing NSW) hosting the Australia Day Cup meeting and jockeys racing in Australia Flag Silks. Yet he wont acknowledge it on the NRL site. What a total Hypocrite.

So V'Landys happy to take the sponsors cash today, as well as help his betting mates cashflow, with Warwick Farm (Racing NSW) hosting the Australia Day Cup meeting and jockeys racing in Australia Flag Silks. Yet he wont acknowledge it on the NRL site. What a total Hypocrite.
If a man does not stand for righteousness a rule where his conduct is measured
Then what does he stand for ?

It’s a sad society that does not celebrate its national day. The world primary consists of countries and continents invaded and occupied by conquerers at various stages of history. So I guess. nobody should be allowed to celebrate their national day, their culture, the love of their people or the love of their country.

@:D I'm with you GE, but for me an awesome burger has no beetroot or egg!!

Anyway, wishing you and everyone here a Happy Australia Day!!

It’s a sad society that does not celebrate its national day. The world primary consists of countries and continents invaded and occupied by conquerers at various stages of history. So I guess. nobody should be allowed to celebrate their national day, their culture, the love of their people or the love of their country.
Thank you for your perspective patriotic post feathered friend @Tragic Eagle

It is not just sad it is a shame that people do not put our Great Country first before their agendas
National Day Is Not Political Day and we only make it Political when we start making it controversial and start dividing people

On National Day We do not celebrate oppression and occupation . We Celebrate the freedom , Equality and Unity of our Great Nation .

The South Sydney Club have Great Leadership that acknowledged this in their club statement
AT THE RABBITOHS WE UNDERSTAND THAT TODAY IS A DAY THAT AUSTRALIANS PUASE TO REFLECT UPON AND CELEBRATE THE UNIQUE QUALITIES OF OUR NATION
This is Great leadership by the South Sydney club because Great Leaders have open views that open the hearts of all Australian People and Represent All Australian People

Whilst The NRL Leaders are the opposite Opposing the Equality and Unity our Great Nation
Represents .

1706292860915.png

Last edited:
Thank you for your perspective patriotic post feathered friend @Tragic Eagle

It is not just sad it is a shame that people do not put our Great Country first before their agendas
National Day Is Not Political Day and we only make it Political when we start making it controversial and start dividing people

On National Day We do not celebrate oppression and occupation . We Celebrate the freedom , Equality and Unity of our Great Nation .

The South Sydney Club have Great Leadership that acknowledged this in their club statement
AT THE RABBITOHS WE UNDERSTAND THAT TODAY IS A DAY THAT AUSTRALIANS PUASE TO REFLECT UPON AND CELEBRATE THE UNIQUE QUALITIES OF OUR NATION
This is Great leadership by the South Sydney club because Great Leaders have open views that open the hearts of all Australian People and Represent All Australian People

Whilst The NRL Leaders are the opposite Opposing the Equality and Unity our Great Nation
Represents .

View attachment 25883
Wow. Out of all the clubs I didn’t see Souths with that message. Well done.
As for the NRL, that statement sickens me.

View attachment 25877

I had the Aussie Burger at Jackson's on George yesterday. No bacon or pineapple - but it did have the egg and beetroot on it. Very nice indeed.

Contrast with:

‘Australia Day date change won’t help Aboriginal people’​

An Aboriginal commentator doesn’t believe Australia Day needs to be changed but if it is, there’s one obvious option.
Anthony DillonAnthony Dillon

3 min read
January 26, 2024 - 5:40AM

Australian Test cricket captain Pat Cummins believes a different date should be chosen to celebrate Australia Day.

OPINION
Cricketer Pat Cummins was reported to have said, “I absolutely love Australia,” and “it is the best country in the world by a mile.” I, and many thousands of Aussies, tend to agree. And because Australia will continue to be a great nation on Friday, then that’s what we’ll be celebrating this Australia Day.
But Cummins and others have raised the valid point, that perhaps there is a better date for celebrating Australia Day. I guess it depends on how you define ‘better.’ Typically, the arguments for a date change are premised on the questionable claim that Aboriginal Australians would be better off.
Australian Test cricket captain Pat Cummins has said we should change the date of Australia Day. Picture: Chris Hyde/Getty Images

Australian Test cricket captain Pat Cummins has said we should change the date of Australia Day. Picture: Chris Hyde/Getty Images
Much like the proposed Voice to Parliament, we’re not told how a date change is actually better for Aboriginal people. We’re just told it is better, or told that the date is hurtful for Aboriginal people and so needs to be changed, and that a change will make things better.
Given the claim that celebrating Australia Day on January 26 somehow upsets or hurts Aboriginal Australians, I consider an alternative date to be better, only if it helps Aboriginal people in any practical way.
I seriously question, and have done so for more than a decade, if a change of date will help Aboriginal people in any practical way. I believe changing the date would be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. It looks good, but we know the outcome.

In response to my argument against changing the date, some have said, “But surely it won’t hurt to change the date. We have nothing to lose by changing it. There are other dates.” I agree that there are other dates to choose from. However, I do question the claim that there is nothing to lose by changing the date for Australia Day celebrations.

Let me explain.

Currently, the reasoning for changing the date is that celebrating Australia Day on January 26 is offensive or hurtful to Aboriginal people. For example, in an article on The Conversation last year, its author stated: “For others, it’s a painful reminder of the beginning of British colonisation and the dispossession of First Nations.” In an article on SBS, its authors wrote: “Australia Day date of January 26 remains painful, problematic for many First Nations people.”

I do not believe Aboriginal people’s emotional wellbeing is under the control of a date. To assume so, is extremely disempowering to Aboriginal people. It sends the ridiculous message to Aboriginal people that if the date remains unchanged, you are in ‘pain’ on that day. If the date is changed, then you are relieved of pain.

Dr Anthony Dillon is an academic with Australian Catholic University, and a commentator on Aboriginal affairs. Picture: Supplied

Dr Anthony Dillon is an academic with Australian Catholic University, and a commentator on Aboriginal affairs. Picture: Supplied
So, if you want to change the date, don’t do it on the basis that “the current date causes pain to Aboriginal people.” To change the date on this basis sends a poisonous message to Aboriginal people that their emotional pain and suffering is under the control of a date.

How’s this for a compromise? I and others have suggested that Australia Day be celebrated on either the Monday or Friday that falls closest to 26 January each year. Mate, we Aussies do love our long weekends!

Now for the purist who believes there is a more suitable date than 26 January to use, please suggest it. There are a few to choose from. However, there is a good chance that no matter what date is chosen, someone will take the opportunity to declare it as being offensive to them.

This Australia Day, I’ll be celebrating that we Australians are many, but we are one (and are allowed to disagree with one another). We are family, friends, and neighbours. I will celebrate that: “we’re all part of the story” as the Ballardong traditional owners from the York area, Western Australia, will be doing.

Finally, for the corporates, retailers, big and small businesses, and sporting bodies, keep in mind, that we Aussies (well, 60 per cent of us at least), prefer you to keep out of politics and let us decide what we will do on 26 January or whatever date future Australia Days may be celebrated on.

Anthony Dillon identifies as a part-Aboriginal Australian, is an academic with Australian Catholic University, and a commentator on Aboriginal affairs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8