Captains Challenge - Parra (Gutherson) blatant cheats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
It should never happen and Parra should be sanctioned but No the NRL as usual will put their collective big heads in the sand and do nothing about it! I'm slowly and surely getting over this game.
Starting to think theirs some sort of conspiracy going on in the NRL high command. To many instances of these dubious errors from the bunker crew keep cropping up, week in week out.

Gutho did nothing wrong and cannot be called a cheat. He only asked the ref for a captains challenge.

Daryl Summers the ref on the other hand has some explaining to do.

Really not sure why these threads get started as the ask nothing and resolve nothing. The ref had nothing to do with us losing.

Gutho certainly did thou - thru footy smarts.

Gutho did nothing wrong and cannot be called a cheat. He only asked the ref for a captains challenge.

Yes and no.
If the refs allow it, then its 100% the refs fault.
But Gutho did watch the replay, then challenge. So technically, he is a cheat, or at the very least, didn't act in the spirit of the game.

There is no rule against watching a replay before challenging. Gutho was just doing his job and I'd expect DCE to do the exact same thing.

This is a problem for the officialdom to fix. There needs to be a delay on the replays until the challenge period has lapsed or all challenges stay live until a replay has been shown. Need to avoid situations where some teams get a benefit that others don't.

That was a disgrace. The time had elapsed twice over.

But what's with the rule allowing a strip just because the player is in the in goal area ? Sipley, (I think) was a metre from the ground so how was he in the act of scoring ?
Annesley weekly video about 6mins in, showed both strips in the in goal, and admitted they got ours wrong as tent wasn't attempting to ground the ball

Annesley weekly video about 6mins in, showed both strips in the in goal, and admitted they got ours wrong as tent wasn't attempting to ground the ball

Annesley: It's not a ruling error, it's a different interpretation of the ruling.

smh

If a ref thinks that Tent was in the act of grounding the ball while upright with 4 slime players hanging off him.... they need to be demoted.

so...nothing to see here.

Yes and no.
If the refs allow it, then its 100% the refs fault.
But Gutho did watch the replay, then challenge. So technically, he is a cheat, or at the very least, didn't act in the spirit of the game.
I have to disagree. All the ref has to do is say "you're too late, you only have 10 seconds" If he's too weak to say it, it's not gutherson's fault. I remember saying at the time that it was way too late. In a close game I'd be mad but I'm more disappointed with our performance and can't be arsed winding myself up about it

I have to disagree. All the ref has to do is say "you're too late, you only have 10 seconds" If he's too weak to say it, it's not gutherson's fault. I remember saying at the time that it was way too late. In a close game I'd be mad but I'm more disappointed with our performance and can't be arsed winding myself up about it
Apparently they get a bell in their earpiece when the 10 secs are up, similar thing happened with the Dogs and mahoney

Annesley: It's not a ruling error, it's a different interpretation of the ruling.

smh

If a ref thinks that Tent was in the act of grounding the ball while upright with 4 slime players hanging off him.... they need to be demoted.

so...nothing to see here.
And we have to now educate all the refs and officials on how to interpret the rule which seems quite obvious, the rule states, "the player is attempting to ground the ball"

Daryl Summers the ref on the other hand has some explaining to do.
1687153610348.png

He probably crossed to his mate Ozzie in the bunker and used their usual method of decision-making.

If I heard the ref correctly he explained that Parra had asked for an explanation of his call, he explained it and then Parra challenged inside the time allowed…

If that is the case then the issue is that replays are shown within the captains challenge period… I hate Parra and the way that Gutho (and Moses usually) carry on like they are landing airplanes BUT you can hardly blame the players for challenging after seeing the replay when they were allowed to by the system…

That's the bigger issue - never replayed on game night but clearly driving it at legs/knee
Their seems to be an ongoing bias when we play them. We always have to cop bad decisions on the chin weather it's from the ref or the bunker boys. The game at Brookie last year was a travesty. And still no comment ftom ref HQ, as if we ever expect one.

Let's face it; we hate Gutho because we know he should be playing for Manly and be hated by Doesn'tmatta supporters.
Unfortunately he is probably the most influential non-SOS player in the NRL. I always fear a Doesn'tmatta side when he's in it because he is a winner.
I respect his competitiveness. He puts his body on the line.
He's also a little c*ck.

There seems to be an ongoing bias when we play them. We always have to cop bad decisions on the chin whether it's from the ref or the bunker boys. The game at Brookie last year was a travesty. And still no comment ftom ref HQ, as if we ever expect one.
… Tommy ‘forward pass’ to stop us winning a couple of seasons ago…

Parra tend to get the rub in most games regardless of who they are playing…

… Tommy ‘forward pass’ to stop us winning a couple of seasons ago…

Parra tend to get the rub in most games regardless of who they are playing…
Lets just think about it, Parra, a massive supporter base with crowds now close to Broncs crowds, they haven't won a title since nobby fell of the bus. Could it be the NRL are giving leg ups for Parra in the hope of trying to appease their massive support base thereby helping them get a premiership.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10