1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone please explain to me..

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by cliffythegreat, Mar 11, 2012.

1. cliffythegreat

cliffythegreat New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why it is that DCE is signed until the end of 2013 and other clubs are chasing his signature now??? are they signing him for 2014?? (I understand he has no get out clause)

Why is it that if T-Rex signed a new 2 year contract with Manly after last years GF (disregarding the Hasler get out clause) he comes out and says he doesnt want to leave his Manly mates...he doesn't have to, he is signed for two seasons??

Seems to be a lot of math being done but I cant add it up...please advise????

2. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    I think he wants an upgrade because he has performed so well so he probably has something in his contract stating he can leave for a better offer. Or something. i dunno. its just the only reasonable explanation.

As for Trex, i think the media are being the usual bull****ting morons.

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +968 / 40
    AS far as I am aware, we are trying to upgrade his contract to keep him longer then what he is contracted to. the downside is we will have to pay him more for the years he is already contracted for. Its a good faith gesture. He is worth more then his current contract and by upgrading it we keep him off the market and in a manly jersey for more years.

4. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Thsts why its ****ed. They should only be allowed to shop around when in their final year. This is a joke.

5. cliffythegreat

cliffythegreat New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I understand he needs a contract upgrade.

The media keeps bleating on about several clubs chasing him. So if he signs elsewhere, he either plays for us for the next two seasons then leaves, or he breaks his contract? i dont understand.

6. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Prob plays for next 2 seasons then leaves. Maloney signed with the chooks last year but doesnt start til 2013 im pretty sure.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    Let's not forget he is still contracted for another two years on probably around $150,000, if he signs for another club now, [ which is unlikely] the club isn't obligated to upgrade his contract before he goes.
    However if he signs an extended upgraded contract he receives his upgraded fee immediately, so the odds of him signing with us are greatly in our favour.

8. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    That sounds promising but it Wouldn't suprise me if souths threw 1m a season at him. Theyre stupid enough to.

9. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    Contract upgrade my left one. I am told every player has clauses in their contracts that covers them for

1 playing x amount of games in first grade

2 various degrees of upgrades for rep footy from origin to international etc

3 playing in final series.

4 playing in a premiership winning side.

5 winning awards like dally m etc.

The only difference is the sign on fee. Players like Wolfman would be earning more that DCE via sign on. But that would of been negated somewhat when DCE earned an Aussie jersey and rookie of the year.

I could be wrong but that's how I understand it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    That would be the case if contracts actually meant something. If both parties agree the chances are the player can start playing for another club right away.

11. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Shane Richardson said on the radio today that the Herald article caught him completely by surprise and that there was no truth to any suggestion. It was a long discussion about signings etc.

12. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    How can anyone know for sure a club will keep within the cap when they don't know who will be paid bonuses for representing, winning the premiership etc.
    There must be a lot of guesswork. It must be more precise than this.

13. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    because he has an option to get out off next year's contract

14. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    I am only speculating, but would assume this to be incorrect. Otherwise if a team wins the GF, has the Dally M player, and has large numbers of players in Rep footy, then you either overspend the cap, or have to leave plenty available and risk not having spent enough of the cap if you have a bad year.

I thought for Rep footy the NRL pays extra to the players, and this is not included as part of the cap.