Called to Des's Office: first up Monday morning for a chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Cust. He's a future legend no question.
Text from Des: See me at my office at 9 on Monday morning.
Subject: Attitude. Getting ahead of yourself.

Des will sort it.

This could be a weekly thread: which player is up for the first up Monday morning office chat.......
9am is late for dessy.. id say 7am sharp followed by Elliot 7:10am for his retarded "pass" when dce could of scored the easiest of trys. 7:20 the turbos for tea and biscuits

For BWSE because Croker will be back in 1st grade against the vermin. Cust has a lot to learn and needs more time in reserves.
Do u say that about all the players that make a few mistakes I see the high profile players make mistakes week in and week out. But because Cade is new u put him down. Shame on u all. Cade has been playing fantastic. His defence was great today and kicks were good Aswell as a try assist.

I’d be pulling in DCE and Turbo... “you two are senior players and inspirational to the younger and less talented guys around you prepared to bust their a$$e$ to follow you. Just a reminder to stay humble and hungry and not take anything for granted. I’ll leave you with this question to take away with you... how do you support those lesser talented hard working colleagues to be the best they can and make this team a winner. Thank you gentleman.”

I think Des will be happy with the win knowing it was worth 4 points and how hard it would be for our origin players

There is no doubt that Cade tried to play a different role today and be more dominant

I also think DCE played a secondary playmaker role and helped out just being there to organise

He is more site than hurt

I salute our team to get a win against a team we struggle against

Cade will be OK

Wow..... yes Cust might be called into a meeting at 7am on Monday but to be encouraged, not to be blasted. Is there any NRL player that has never had an average game throughout their career? One thing about Cust he did not stop trying today, it may not have been his best game, but I admire the kid for not giving up. Many jumped on Parker, Taufua, Sulli, Elliott and yet they have all improved over time. The kid needs time and a few average games, it will be the only way to learn and make him into a great player. Even without a great game today the boys still won.

I much prefer he had this kind of game today rather than it be in the semis or finals. As long as he keeps trying and has confidence in what he does, he will always have my support as like all our Manly players. Amazing how a few weeks ago he was being praised by many, then an average game and it all changes.

Wow..... yes Cust might be called into a meeting at 7am on Monday but to be encouraged, not to be blasted. Is there any NRL player that has never had an average game throughout their career? One thing about Cust he did not stop trying today, it may not have been his best game, but I admire the kid for not giving up. Many jumped on Parker, Taufua, Sulli, Elliott and yet they have all improved over time. The kid needs time and a few average games, it will be the only way to learn and make him into a great player. Even without a great game today the boys still won.

I much prefer he had this kind of game today rather than it be in the semis or finals. As long as he keeps trying and has confidence in what he does, he will always have my support as like all our Manly players. Amazing how a few weeks ago he was being praised by many, then an average game and it all changes.
Off with his head!!! Cmon mate we like him but he had a shocker, i wouldnt drop him but he'll definitely get a talking to. Some very poor errors, that attempted inside ball to tommy was atrocious. His defence is good though hes a tough bugger

Do u say that about all the players that make a few mistakes I see the high profile players make mistakes week in and week out. But because Cade is new u put him down. Shame on u all. Cade has been playing fantastic. His defence was great today and kicks were good Aswell as a try assist.
Good to have you on board Mrs Cust . :hi:
If I’m Cade, I’m handing Dessie Jack Wightons game tape of tonight.
One of those games the harder you try, the worse it gets.

lol

Des singled out Cust and Elliott in his presser for praise. So I doubt they will be "called in".

As Des says, A lot of 'rep' players backing up, didn't even have the team train together until the captains run. Should have been better in the second half, but will happily take the win.

So take that you rhubarb junket pots! - yes, Des said that.

(Though what he says or 'yells' behind closed doors is anyone's guess.)

Off with his head!!! Cmon mate we like him but he had a shocker, i wouldnt drop him but he'll definitely get a talking to. Some very poor errors, that attempted inside ball to tommy was atrocious. His defence is good though hes a tough bugger

Undoubtedly, a game he would not consider to be a highlight in his career and one he would rather forget. I was not challenging that, what I was insinuating is; can you name an immortal or one of these highly praised players throughout the lifetime of the NRL that have never had a shocker? The kid is still a pup, with time I do believe he will be a gun half for us, albeit, a few average games until he gets experience under his belt and a good coach like Des to give him the direction he needs.

Cust underestimated how quick the Tits can come up in defence - particularly Cartwright- and got caught before he could pass or get the ball secured a few times. He will learn from that. On the plus side he was in possession to set up his outside players and if his hands had been a bit quicker... His short kicking game was good and generally he gets the ball through the defenders legs. He’s going OK.

Cust is a keeper and WIP as he has only played a handful of first grade games. His defence and short kicking game are first class.

Cliffy Lyons wasn't even yet in first grade at this kid's age. Didn't Cuss throw that brilliant quick long pass out to Tafua to score his first half try??? That alone was far more valuable than what most NRL players do each weekend. Good on the kid.

I'm surprised at how Croker has suddenly become the boy wonder in many eyes and Cust is trying to keep him at bay. Croker was very ordinary last year but for one game before his injury. He played a few good games early this year and suddenly he's top drawer. OK he has improved and may be worth holding onto. He's still young. But I think Cust has outplayed Croker in his few games he's been at 5/8 (not his usual position mind you). At this stage there is no way I would be considering Croker ahead of Cust. As for Elgey, probably the most broadly talented of the three, but he seems to lack the toughness to make it in first grade. He's old enough to take hold of games, but unless everything is going his way, he seems to disappear. Let him go.

The kid was good in the first half, he fell away in the second but he wasn't Robinson Crusoe there.
He tried a little too hard imo and the tits put a lot of pressure on him, he'll be better for it.

Yeah ... great thread ... let's all turn into dickheads and start bagging good young players after 6 FG games ... better still ... let's get them down at the Corso for a public name and shame .....

Hell .. Croker has played 11 FG games and Cust 6 .... they should both be as good as Thurston and mistake free by now .... STONE THEM !!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8