Post-Game Discussion Bulldogs v Manly [Round 26, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Bulldogs
Vs
Sea Eagles
24 Accor Stadium
27 Aug 2023 14:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Disappointing to see those defensive lapses at the end, but if not for Corey Waddell's acting talent, we would have had an extra two tries anyway. At times it looked like two teams trying to see who could be the most ordinary, but when we opened things up we scored some cracking tries.

The Bulldogs are woeful, and Matt Burton is lucky that he's not copping at least some of the flak Schuster has had thrown at him all year. Goes to show that buying every high-priced player (and anyone else willing to sign) on the market and hoping for the best is not the same thing as smart, targeted recruitment.

Koula had a blinder at fullback, Burbo was great - excellent work rate and impact - and Ray Vega had his best game in the top grade. Haumole was his usual, reliable self, and I was thrilled that Gordy Chan got meaningful minutes - not just a five-minute cameo at the end - and had a huge smile on his face the entire time.

Could I just mention the absolutely disgraceful performances of 3 of the Dogs big names.

Reed Mahoney - Crocker is 3 x the player this bloke is.

Matt Burton

TPJ - how did he ever get picked in Origin this year. That decision alone should ensure Fittler is terminated.

Last edited:
Could I just mention the absolutely disgraceful performances of 3 of the Dogs big names.

Reed Mahoney - rocker is 3 x the player this bloke is.

Matt Burton

TPJ - how did he ever get picked in Origin this year. That decision alone should ensure Fittler is terminated.
Burton has been thrown to the wolves by the Dogs, he came in as a rookie with about 30 NRL games and they wanted him to be the leader. Then they got Mahoney and made him club captain at 24. The lack of leadership stands out a mile.
How can a brilliant coach like Ciraldo have a team play so poorly?
Actually I'll blame Gus for the whole mess, also thank him because even our skeleton crew team was able to thrash that rabble.
2 wins over the Dogs is a plus in a poor year.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Bulldogs: 24
Manly: 42

370594924_873496550875261_4624389557254340314_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

We are the Manly boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of
We showed them how to play,
No matter where we’ll be
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren’t we a wonderful credit
To our locality,
So cheer boys cheer,
We are together,
Every now and then we have a win…..have a win
We will play them all around
At our home or any ground,
If they’ll always play a fair and honest game
So it’s GUZZLE GUZZLE GUZZLE
As we pour it down our muzzle,
And sing out the order loud and clear, 'MORE BEER',
And we will drink all night
Until we are very tired
In the shade of the Manly Leagues Club.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

No Manly players were placed on report during the game but things could change once the Match Review Committee review the game and decide if they need to charge one of our players post-match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not one to bag referees, they have a tough job and I believe they cop a lot of unnecessary flak. However, today's bloke with the village people moustache was completely out of his depth. Gave forward passes that weren't but missed a blatant forward pass for a try, complete lack of six agains despite the dogs persistent mucking around at the ruck. Not good enough.
As for our performance, it was good enough to beat the dogs and I suppose with the number of players missing, that's all we can hope for. Some good performances from some of the lesser lights (Burbo, Sipley and GCKT) but please let that be the last time we see Tuilagi in a Manly jumper, he clearly isn't FG standard.

Update to Post #1

Team Victory Song:

We are the Manly boys,
We had a win today,
No matter where we’ll be
To our locality,
So cheer boys cheer,
We are together,
Until we are very tired

Happy day today
What a Sunday
Don't care if it was ordinary opposition
Don't care if at times we were too

We got the win
Koula did very well at FB, just needs to dominate the kicks but he ran well
Gordy Gordy Hallelujah, came on when we needed spark and gave it in bucketloads, energy levels lifted.
Good solid debut from the young man well done. Waited all year for it
Slippers was strong too.

Had both Grandies watched the game with son daughter and one terror

If Fathers Day was Today it's all I wanted

I'm not one to bag referees, they have a tough job and I believe they cop a lot of unnecessary flak. However, today's bloke with the village people moustache was completely out of his depth. Gave forward passes that weren't but missed a blatant forward pass for a try, complete lack of six agains despite the dogs persistent mucking around at the ruck. Not good enough.
As for our performance, it was good enough to beat the dogs and I suppose with the number of players missing, that's all we can hope for. Some good performances from some of the lesser lights (Burbo, Sipley and GCKT) but please let that be the last time we see Tuilagi in a Manly jumper, he clearly isn't FG standard.
Yep, i can't remember a season where the referrings been as bad as this.The sooner we have off side and forward pass technology to help out the hapless refs and Bunker bunnies the better the game will be.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Bulldogs: 24
Manly: 42

370594924_873496550875261_4624389557254340314_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

We are the Manly boys,
We had a win today,
No matter where we’ll be
To our locality,
So cheer boys cheer,
We are together,
Until we are very tired

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

No Manly players were placed on report during the game but things could change once the Match Review Committee review the game and decide if they need to charge one of our players post-match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey @Jethro , with the close of the season just around the corner, just want to say thank you for the hard work you do on the forums mate !! Adds a lot of value, and I really appreciate it.

Yep, i can't remember a season where the referrings been as bad as this.The sooner we have off side and forward pass technology to help out the hapless refs and Bunker bunnies the better the game will be.

I'd rather we threw all the technology in the bin tbh.

The bunker has done nothing but add to the mess, and guaranteed any other technological "improvements" will follow the same path.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8