Buhrer's belief boosts NRL premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly supersub Jamie Buhrer has re-signed with the premiers on a three-year contract.

In a clear vote of confidence in new coach Geoff Toovey, Buhrer will stay at Brookvale until the end of 2014. "It's the best club for a young backrower to be at in terms of learning the game,'' Buhrer said. ''I've got guys like Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart and Joe Galuvao to learn from. I always supported the club growing up and it was a big thing to get my start here. We've had a lot of success and we've got a lot of good young blokes in the team."

Buhrer is one of the club's rising stars and has been earmarked as a first-grade captain by new assistant coach David Penna. The 22-year-old was part of the grand final-winning side against the Warriors. "We're really excited Jamie's re-signed with us," Toovey said. ''It's great that he'll be part of our plans for the long term."

Manly CFO David Perry added: "The whole club is excited to have someone of Jamie's calibre agree to terms for a further three seasons. "Jamie is a critical part of the Sea Eagles' future success and to secure him is a real boost for us.''

Meanwhile, Jake Friend yesterday signed a three-year extension to his Roosters contract.

Adrian Proszenko

Wow!
Only getting 10-15 minutes of a game last year under Des, Jamie must be really confident of some real game time.

Good on him!

Well done Jamie. Great to see him staying with us. I do hope he gets more time on the field.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Manly supersub Jamie Buhrer has re-signed with the premiers on a three-year contract.

In a clear vote of confidence in new coach Geoff Toovey, Buhrer will stay at Brookvale until the end of 2014. "It's the best club for a young backrower to be at in terms of learning the game,'' Buhrer said. ''I've got guys like Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart and Joe Galuvao to learn from. I always supported the club growing up and it was a big thing to get my start here. We've had a lot of success and we've got a lot of good young blokes in the team."

Buhrer is one of the club's rising stars and has been earmarked as a first-grade captain by new assistant coach David Penna. The 22-year-old was part of the grand final-winning side against the Warriors. "We're really excited Jamie's re-signed with us," Toovey said. ''It's great that he'll be part of our plans for the long term."

Manly CFO David Perry added: "The whole club is excited to have someone of Jamie's calibre agree to terms for a further three seasons. "Jamie is a critical part of the Sea Eagles' future success and to secure him is a real boost for us.''

Meanwhile, Jake Friend yesterday signed a three-year extension to his Roosters contract.

Adrian Proszenko
Does every Manly captain need to be named Jamie?

Buhrer (and Lussick) will be big improvers for us this year and Jamie will definitely play a much larger role than last year, which is probably why Rodney has left.

Funny hey..now Des has actually gone ALL we get is good news stories..and this is another one.

Congrats Jamie! He'll have a huge 2012! Must be an awesome feeling playing for the club who have supported all your life :D

Why have you stopped submitting these as articles?

Awesome news - things are going from good to great. This guy played with super impact in 2011 yet has plenty of improvement. After adding a few more kg's to his frame & retaining pace will be explosive over the next few years. ;)

Pretty sure the article is wrong. The deal is a 3-year extension to the contract he was on, that was due to finish after 2012. So he's now wrapped up until 2015.

More news here.

http://rouse-hill-times.whereilive.com.au/news/story/jamie-buhrers-parents-thrilled/

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8