buhrer to become ball player?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mataiforever

Bencher
wouldn't mind buhrer to be developed into a gifty like player for us. Wonder how he'd go, definitely has the best ball skills out of our back rowers (mateo doesnt count). Not sure how it would work in the modern game with the lock becoming and extra prop for most sides. Maybe put him on the left and work with the new five eighth for next year? Thoughts?

Not a bad idea although I think Jake has that role. He kicks repeat sets for us and also sets up tries with his ball playing ability but Jamie def has the skills to be a ball playing backrower but IMO he is a workhorse backrower. Gets the tackle count nice and high for himself and eats into stats. He is currently DCEs go to player on that edge. When we sign our new 5/8 his go to man will be a big backrower not like Jamie otherwise our pack will be way to small.

He's a good gutsy player who is probably too small to play in the forwards, given that bulk is king these days, so why not try him again at five-eight? He has the necessary skills; perhaps not quite quick enough though?

I like the thought of the idea
But burher has nowhere near the kicking game to be able to play 5/8.
It would put so much pressure on DCE every week. We seen how much the lack of kicking game of walker hurt DCE and his kicking game is probably miles ahead of Burher.
I think playing on the edges will suit Jamie fine moving forward, he is a small forward which is why it is important to play a bigger forward to play on the other side of the field e.g. Taupau.

I like the thought of the idea
But burher has nowhere near the kicking game to be able to play 5/8.
It would put so much pressure on DCE every week. We seen how much the lack of kicking game of walker hurt DCE and his kicking game is probably miles ahead of Burher.
I think playing on the edges will suit Jamie fine moving forward, he is a small forward which is why it is important to play a bigger forward to play on the other side of the field e.g. Taupau.
Yes as soon as DCE had a decent 5/8 next to him... Eg Jamie Lyon he immediately scored a try of the back of his running game. That's how much pressure was on him. If we use another makeshift 5/8 we ain't going to get the best out of DCE which means we won't get the best for the team. Even a guy like Sam Williams would be a good foil for DCE he would just have so much pressure taken off with a 5/8 that has a good kicking game.

Someone like Trent Hodkinson would have been the perfect foil for DCE. When Isaac John is back give him a go.

Though he lacks blistering pace & playing before the line with selective passing skills & not sure of his kicking game, does offer good vision & the ability to play through the line with a good offload....a definate key point that would be beneficial here is in defence, where his tough reliable tackling could definately help prevent the opposition getting a roll on with momentum after bending the line on the edges, as has been the case in 2016.

Probably a good idea, particularly right now considering the injuries to Cherry & Killer. You'd just need to share the kicking with Parcell and Walker.

Teams need to have a few different options they can go to during a game, depending on the team make up for replacements & injuries. He's a good player & needs to be on the field for the full 80mins.

not necessarily to be come the five eighth next year, but like a second five eighth on the edge with the ball skills and giving the pass to set up the back line plays. Hate to admit it but when Glenn Stewart left our structure and fluidity was a bit of a shambles, only to be picked up by mateo.. who doesn't play. Not saying buhrer can be a gifty but he could participate more in ball playing just to help the halves and team.

Buhrer has been one of the few shinning lights with his comeback over the last few weeks. He has really hit the ground running and given how little he has played over the last couple of seasons I had forgotten what a great footballer he is. God willing he is over his injury problems.

I reckon we bring Cade Cust into 1st grade and develop a future superstar!
He could just become our new Tooves

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8