1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buhrer the 80 min man

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by mickqld, Jun 7, 2014.

1. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    If Manly is looking to the future and unloading players like Kite,George and now Gift, then Buhrer must be retained and now. Not only that but he now commands a permanent starting spot. He has locked up that lock position :s and when Gift comes back I would be happy to see Horo come off the bench and Jamie play 80 min. The injuries to Choc and Gift mean they can't be 80 min players anymore so Ferris must become our 80 min man.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,438 / 12
    Agree he was great last night, quietly going about his business. Also agree that we need to retain him and I really hope that we do. It's amazing how good, solid time in the middle can help a player develop. He has the potential to be our next Watmough, he loves the team and he loves the area. He has to stay.

• Like Like x 1
  3. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,363 / 111
    Don't give him any days off.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14
    agreed Mick. Buhrer has been great the last 6 weeks. Would love to see him locked up for a few more years.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Thought he was one of our best last night. Got through a lot of work, and his footwork before the line paid dividends in the slippery conditions

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    He's come along way since his early days as the 0 minute man.

Definitely deserves to be getting much more minutes than Horo, but then so does Symonds.

7. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +982 / 5
    Good thread Mickqld and agree with all of the above.

Buhrer's been one of our best every week since playing at lock for 80 mins and deserves to keep that spot.

Can't understand why he hasn't been re-signed and if we lose him I'll be very miffed!

• Like Like x 1
  8. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,086 / 27
    I agree with all that has been said. It's been a big year for him and he's really stepped up when we needed him.

Just out of curiosity, what do people think Ferris is worth ?
    [hr]
    I agree with all that has been said. It's been a big year for him and he's really stepped up when we needed him.

Just out of curiosity, what do people think Ferris is worth ?

And how many years. I'd like to see him sign for 3 years minimum and I don't think 250-300 is far from the mark. But I'm no David Perry. And probably just as well.

9. Andy 1972

Andy 1972 Active Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Burher is in career best form. He deserves a contract upgrade on this years form.

Andy1972
    Manly Forever

10. sweetest g

sweetest g Active Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Hope that they give him a 3year contact , i have heard brad arthur is trying to get him over to parra, hope he stays he is a 80min player tough as nails

11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    I still think he is a 60 minute man, as in the last 60 straight. Offers very little in the first 20 until the opposition tire.

After that he is great value.

I would start JSL and on Buhrer at 20 minutes

12. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    I was happy to hear Dave Perry speaking at last week's pre-match function that he had a number of contracts to set for this year and Ferris's name was mentioned.

So, is that a back-handed way of saying that he will be re-signed? I hope so.

13. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    I hope it is not a back ended way....

• Like Like x 1