Buhrer and Uate confimed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Ruthless is right. Bozo has never been one to do it any way but his way. As I've said in these forums previously, he was ruthless when he cut fan favourite Phil Blake at the end of 1986, but it proved a masterstroke because it prompted the move of Cliffy from lock to 5/8.

But that was 30 years ago. His track record over the past decade hasn't been anywhere near as successful with NSW and right now it doesn't seem to be working at Manly.
It's not that different to what's happened recently though. Maybe Bozo wasn't behind Orford over Monaghan which had people getting their knickers in a twist but ruthless calls is what Manly seems to do and judging by our record over the years, it serves them well. It always looks harsh and like the wrong move initially or in the moment but things seem to work out more often than not, hence my lack of concern right now.

I can confidently say the guys pulling the strings have a better record of delivering premierships than we do...

I also find it funny how people point to Bozos record with NSW as proof he's lost it. Like he was the single all powerful entity controlling the blues. So powerful he couldn't even convince Killer to play despite the Manly connection @:D

Agree
Id say that would be the case. 2 for the price of one sort of deal. Will make room for another solid signing. I can see Hopoate or lane filling Buhrers spot quite effectively to be honest. Also if the DWZ rumour comes to fruition we could have a pretty damn good replacement for Lyon. The fact we have some good young blokes knocking at the door for first grade selection is a good sign and releasing a few guys to focus on more important positions while giving these young forwards a shot could be strategically a good plan for the rebuild. Buhrer was always a solid worker but never really struck me as a superstar.
Agree Heck............I also think Uate will be our leading try scorer come finals time 2017!! Sad to see Buhrer go but, as you say, we have a number of players who can fill his spot. I also believe Lane will have a breakout year & surprise us all in 2017!
So far:-
Tom T, Uate, Walker.....speed to burn. Matai, Taufua......great defense, tough hit ups & yardage. DCE & Green.....clever halves with great kicking games. AFB, Taupau, Lussick, Meehan, Matagi(??).....mongrel, Jake T....tackling machine, Lane, Hopoate.......Buhrer replacements. Myles....old head if only he could regain some form. Parcell, Koroisau.....hooking competition. Slaimankel, Jono Wright, Cullen, Wiliame, M Wright.......reasonably good back ups. All in all a pretty good squad in my opinion!!

Last edited:
Buhrer was good at running through holes but now we have the giant Lane who creates holes .
We need big man to get us through the advantage line
Lane is 21 Years of age . He is 198cm tall and weighs 115kg as compared to Jamie who is 180cm and weighs 94kg. Jamie can be replaced by the young Hopoate who will do a similar job at a quarter of Jamies contract .
The glass is half full for those that wish to look at the positives
Didn't see lane doing that in reserve grade for the Warriors . In fact quite the opposite and is a very lazy defender. Thought the game was won on defence.something jb is very good at

Just listening to the big sports breakfast and Jimmy Smith suggested we're getting Uate for around $250,000 with Newcastle paying the other $200,000 to $250,000 of the existing worth of his current contract.

Said he feels Aku has plenty to offer and is a good pick up for Manly, although Buhrer will be a loss more so his leadership around the club.

I'm filthy about Jamie being shown the door, but I hope everyone gives Uate a chance, a change of scenery after being cast to NSW Cup in the hope he would leave Newcastle due to the size of his contract, could have him back to great form.

The thing that ****s me the most is the duckwit who attempted to post this on the clubs Facebook page. It read something like 'manly are swapping utility Jamie Buhrer for origin and Australian winger Aku uate' That's just disgusting. Trying to make out its a great deal. It could have read Manly swapping origin back rower who can cover multiple positions and who has been in career best form for a flash in the pan that no one wanted once they realised he couldn't defend or catch bombs.

Didn't see lane doing that in reserve grade for the Warriors . In fact quite the opposite and is a very lazy defender. Thought the game was won on defence.something jb is very good at
So I assume you've been watching all of the Warriors reserve grade games this year in order to form that opinion of him? From what I recall, Lane was going really well at the dogs before the Warriors approached him & signed him!!

Unless Brown pulls his finger out and impresses he wont be in the team ahead of Lane or any other player that stands out . The coaching team is under pressure to win matches and I don't think they will be putting up with inept games from any player .

I hope you are right ... but that would require an about face from the season past .... when Lewy Brown was picked week in week out and other under performers i.e. Willy Army had contracts extended

Who is the soul that was torn ?
That's the thing Bozo, there is no particular who ! It's the collective ! It's the Eagles Angel's, it's Toovey, it's Ballin, it's the juniors, it's replacing loyal players with over the hill clapped out journeymen, it's telling the supporters they are irrelevant...
I get your spiel that no one person is bigger than the club but do you truly believe that so many people can all of a sudden become disloyal for no reason at all ?

So I assume you've been watching all of the Warriors reserve grade games this year in order to form that opinion of him? From what I recall, Lane was going really well at the dogs before the Warriors approached him & signed him!!
Watched quite a few games on tv and about 7 live . Didn't the dogs swap him for the Warriors second rower? Mariner I think

The great thing about this wonderful Silvertails forum is that we can all express our passionate views . My namesake has always been ruthless and that is why he is an Immortal.
2017 will reveal who's views are the right ones . Until then there is no need for any of us to get our feathers in a knot
Let us all keep calm and carry on MANLY !!!
BOZO I love reading your upbeat posts, but I'm pretty sure you said the same thing last year.... :-(

Another favourite player gone
So many times over the years, Blake Fatty.Rose,Kite,Gift.the list goes on and will continue
As supporters what can we do. We can vent on here or wherever
But it ain't gonna change
We can only hope that season 2017 is a better one, Top 8 is achievable a nearly injury free squad totally achievable
Defiantly won't be a wooden spoon
Let the knockers think that
Hard decision's will hopefully bring the results we want

The great thing about this wonderful Silvertails forum is that we can all express our passionate views . My namesake has always been ruthless and that is why he is an Immortal.
2017 will reveal who's views are the right ones . Until then there is no need for any of us to get our feathers in a knot
Let us all keep calm and carry on MANLY !!!
Bozo, my fine delusional friend,
This "immortal" stuff was an idea of RLW's marketing dept. to boost flagging sales at some time in the past. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Do you know the criteria for becoming an "immortal"?
If so, would you please share it with me via this forum?

Last edited:
The club is ****ed, they have completly lost the plot. Bhurer was born and raised a manly fan, how can u ****ing let him go for Uate of all people. U would think maybe like one of the safiti brothers but NOOOO ****ing Uate.

Another favourite player gone
So many times over the years, Blake Fatty.Rose,Kite,Gift.the list goes on and will continue
As supporters what can we do. We can vent on here or wherever
But it ain't gonna change
We can only hope that season 2017 is a better one, Top 8 is achievable a nearly injury free squad totally achievable
Defiantly won't be a wooden spoon
Let the knockers think that
Hard decision's will hopefully bring the results we want
Please add The Beaver to your list.

Gutted to lose Buhrer. Was Manly through and through and you need a few players like that.

Don't consider we lost him for Brown as both were contracted together for 16 & 17. Green, Lane, another yet to be announced signing or upgrades is what we lost him for.

He leaves a gap as we don't have any decent hole runners with first grade experience now that Symonds, Buhrer and Green (not at the same level but improved) are gone.

At least we have 2 young guys who could come through to fill that roll

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12