1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brooky's dodgy surface

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by SwornEagle, Aug 24, 2010.

1. SwornEagle

SwornEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 3
    More leg injuries playing on the Brookvale oval grass on Saturday night..
    It's becoming a regular sight, players going down with a chronic ankle, knee or leg injury at Brooky.

I'd like to see the stats on leg injuries at Brookvale compared to all other grounds in the NRL.

Its getting to the stage where the Brookvale surface could derail our entire season! When is something going to be done about the playing surface?

2. Eagle Eyed Cherry

Eagle Eyed Cherry Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    The surface is an absolute disgrace; there was no excuse whatsoever for the state of the ground on Saturday night, We had fine, warm weather in the lead up but it was still very long, thick & wet. I just cannot get my head around why the ground is not cut lower & rolled. The groundsman should be shot at dawn.

3. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    there are no groundsman i dont think, well none that are qualified. I think its so strange that the council dont send or employ a greensperson to work there. Surely there would be a manly fan that would love to do the job,or that is qualified to do it, my uncle did it for the panthers for so many years, he loved it (hes a panthers fan).

4. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    It is mowed by the council and there isn't anyone person who is responsible or accountable for it's condition

5. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,805 / 53
    As the Sea Eagles are paying for the maintenance you would think there would be some provision in the lease about the standard of maintenance.

6. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I cannot believe what I am reading, that our home ground does not have a full time curator. GPS Rugby grounds have this - why not a multimillion football team that pours plenty into the council coffers? Unbelievable.

7. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    its a bit of a joke, maybe the club could contract a local greensperson or curators to work for the club ? seeing as the council will do nothing.

8. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Surely there's some supporter,with a green thumb,or qualifications,who may do it for a free silver or bronze pass as payment?

9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    So long as it isn't Dan.

10. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    Calling LISMORE....Mr LISMORE....

11. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I'll put my hand up.

12. mr seagles

mr seagles New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    victims=farrer,perry,watmough,hoppa,rodney,whare all have injuries because of this surface.....what a f*cken joke....

13. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I walked on the ground after the game and the grass isn't long or soft. But there are plenty of divots in it. Which is to be expected.

Also how would you know if there isn't a groundsman?

14. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    byso, that would be because of this:

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/125-000-for-ground-that-has-no-curator/

15. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I would say a lot of these injuries are just coincidental you can't honestly say that Perry's was a result of the surface, his knee would have hit the ground on any tackle in any ground.

Farrer the same thing and for that matter Rodney too.

Jeez some people have very long bows

16. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Choc has a heal injury.

17. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Don't know if anyone else has noticed but the flags on the top of the goal posts are non existent.

You would think it would make it easier for our goal kickers and when kicking for touch if we had them.

18. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    There is something in this. I reckon a few of Matai's suspensions can also be attributed to the surface, because players sometimes sink and it can make the tackles a bit higher than normal.

19. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    It's also apparently responsible for the hung parliament.

20. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    I love this!

PC gone mad again.
    I think the worsd you're searching for is green-keeper.