1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brookvale Atmosphere

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Manly4Ever, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Manly4Ever

Manly4Ever Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would love to hear this sound effect blasted over the PA when the Eagles are setting for an attack or when we need a big defensive effort. Click on the link and view intro http://www.seaeagles.com.au/fmanly01.html what do the rest of the punters think?

2. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll claw at my ears..

3. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I think it would scare the kids.....haha

4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Thats actually a good idea. Put that on loud and clear everytime they set for a play close tot he line

5. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    They do that at Penrith with the Panther's roar. It's terrible. The screech sounds alright though.

6. Manly4Ever

Manly4Ever Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the Bronx does it too. You would not want too hear it every 2 mins but maybe at certain strategic points throughout the game to rev the crowd up. It would be something different to hearing, where are the Manly fans from the ground announcer.

7. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Where are all the Manly fans???? really annoys me! I hate artificial attempts to hype crowds up. It reminds me of the Rugby where they often have lame attempts to produce some spirit and atmosphere. Just because the crowds sing at Cardiff Arms (Millennium) doesn't mean that John Willo singing Waltzing Matilda produces atmosphere.

It should be the game that gets the crowd going and anticipation for the contest rather than lame comments or sounds. That's what SuperLeague never knew or understood.

If you want that crap you will go to American Basketball/Baseball! :boho: :boho:
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Thu Apr 28 2005, 02:54PM ]</span>

8. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +547 / 9
    G'day youse mob, this is my first post but I've been monitoring the high class drivel on here for a bit.

I agree with 'Can' on this point. No more of this fake hype BS, it annoys the crap outa me. The hype should be coming from the hill in a unified voice of songs, chants and drunken stupidity. Let's leave the gayness to Penrith and the Tigers and have more of a look at the Doggies fans & the Poms. !drunk:

9. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Good day to you sir. I agree Duff, the Doggies fans are the perfect role models.

10. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    You are right about drivel Duff!!!! Welcome to the inane world of AE!! !drunk: !drunk: !stupid:

11. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +547 / 9
    Geez thanks guys, makes me feel all warm & fuzzy.

Talking about atmosphere, is there anyone else out there who turned to the Northern Spirit during the dark days of our non-existance? If so, I'm sure you'll remember the massive atmosphere in the Bob stand at NSO. I think something along those lines with a bunch of easy to remember songs and specific chants for specific occasions would be the go.
    It would take a little organising so I'm not your man but as an idea what do da AE crew think?

12. Manly4Ever

Manly4Ever Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The atmosphere in the Bob stand at NSO for those games was indeed superb Duff. Football crowds the world over are much more vocal than league crowds but that sounds like a great idea.

13. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    You lost me when you started talking about soccer, no sorry "Football".

14. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Those were some good evening as well mate.

We do have a "hendo" chant in beaver, but there could easily be so many more.

Do you or dot still have any of them for ideas??

How about a fotress brookvale redition of youll never walk alone??

15. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    we need to come up with some great chants as we become a supporters group we will gather together on the hill and have to be loud and co-ordinated in our sledging and singing

16. Manly4Ever

Manly4Ever Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can't remember how it went all that well but does anybody remember the winter wonderland song?

17. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    More beer outlets and cheaper prices on the hill generally creates a few chant and more atmosphere etc.

18. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    We had some beauties last weekend - like ogaboga purple microwave.

We just got to the point of yelling anything

19. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Winter wonderland.... My dad use to sing a parody of that called "walking round in womens underwear".... English humour you see chaps

20. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21