1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brett Stewart no certainty for round one

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Copa Eagle, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brett-stewart-no-certainty-for-round-one/story-e6frexnr-1225958811497

Sorry for the link i will get better at using this forum eventually ! Lets hope its all smooth and good news after christmas.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,119 / 287
    With no Matai & Galuvao, and potentially Brett Stewart, Whare, Wolfman, Rodney all no certainties, we may struggle early on.

3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I think he will be back, this is all just part of Des' strategy to have us under the radar. He is already having people release reports to start the mind games and the next season is still months away.

4. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Fingers crossed he will be right but you'd much prefer him doing a full preaseason instead of still being in recovery mode.

5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    We normally start slow so it would be nothing new.

Re: Stewart, I'm happy just to know he will play again, rnd 1 start or not. Most sportspersons who have knee injuries like that are done.

6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    no player is a certainty for round 1. Wolfman got injured in the trials last year, could happen to any player, could even do an asotasi and hurt yourself at home.

7. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    He'll be out for nearly a year by the first round. That's a long recovery, either the first knee operation didn't work and he's had another?

He should talk to Luke Covell, he had a serious knee injury and was back on the ready to play after 12 weeks.

from the DT
    "It's known as an alignment augmentation and reconstructive system operation (LARS).

The risky procedure, which has been banned in some countries overseas, involves two industrial-strength synthetic fibres, similar to thick laces in sports joggers, being inserted into his knee to act as his ACL."

The again if it's banned in some countries there might be a few problems with the operation.

Let's hope he's back and fully recovered by round 1. Confidence in the knee might be and issue, so we won't see Brett back to his sizzling best until he's had a dozen or so matches under his belt.

8. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,273 / 131
    His injury is nothing like Covell's.  It is more like Shaun Timmins' as per this article http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/shaun-timmins-fears-manly-star-brett-stewart-may-never-be-the-same-again/story-e6frg7mf-1225842066397. 

Snake has bone on bone with no cartlidge in between his knee bones.  Unless there is a medical breakthrough there is no cure.

He will be on a restricted training regime for the rest of his career. 

9. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    If Brett is out I hope Des dosen't use Robbo at FB again, we fans don't need that stres again

10. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    Weren't they doing an experiment where some mob in WA I think were trying to grow some cartlidge?

11. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    ill be willing to give him mine and live a life with arthritis just to see him happy and playing some good footy !

12. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Then you are an idiot

13. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    mate ive already got scoliosis and a missing digit, i may be an idiot but i sure as hell will live with alot more back pain than knee pain with or without cartlidge !

14. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    ok, so you are a sore idiot :)

15. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    i get on i am 22 so the pain hasnt set in yet, i spose what i was trying to convey is that would i tbe possible for someone to give cartlidge to brett ? would it work ?

16. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,119 / 287
    I'd give Brett a round of applause if he does well. Will that count?

17. sydsider

sydsider Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Bone on bone is not good.His best may be behind him

18. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I'd give my daughter anything she needs to live,and when I'm dead,they can harvest anything that the scotch,bourbon and beer has left-but,no stranger is getting anything I may need as long as I'm alive.

19. eelcatcher

eelcatcher Active Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0
    Well I'm certain he will appear next season. If he isn't in Rd1 big deal, see him in Rd2. Hope he rests up well for the next few months.

20. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    at 450 big ones, he better produce this year as he has been missing past 2.