Brett Stewart no certainty for round one

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brett-stewart-no-certainty-for-round-one/story-e6frexnr-1225958811497

Sorry for the link i will get better at using this forum eventually ! Lets hope its all smooth and good news after christmas.

With no Matai & Galuvao, and potentially Brett Stewart, Whare, Wolfman, Rodney all no certainties, we may struggle early on.

I think he will be back, this is all just part of Des' strategy to have us under the radar. He is already having people release reports to start the mind games and the next season is still months away.

Fingers crossed he will be right but you'd much prefer him doing a full preaseason instead of still being in recovery mode.

We normally start slow so it would be nothing new.

Re: Stewart, I'm happy just to know he will play again, rnd 1 start or not. Most sportspersons who have knee injuries like that are done.

no player is a certainty for round 1. Wolfman got injured in the trials last year, could happen to any player, could even do an asotasi and hurt yourself at home.

He'll be out for nearly a year by the first round. That's a long recovery, either the first knee operation didn't work and he's had another?

He should talk to Luke Covell, he had a serious knee injury and was back on the ready to play after 12 weeks.

from the DT
"It's known as an alignment augmentation and reconstructive system operation (LARS).

The risky procedure, which has been banned in some countries overseas, involves two industrial-strength synthetic fibres, similar to thick laces in sports joggers, being inserted into his knee to act as his ACL."

The again if it's banned in some countries there might be a few problems with the operation.

Let's hope he's back and fully recovered by round 1. Confidence in the knee might be and issue, so we won't see Brett back to his sizzling best until he's had a dozen or so matches under his belt.

His injury is nothing like Covell's.  It is more like Shaun Timmins' as per this article http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/shaun-timmins-fears-manly-star-brett-stewart-may-never-be-the-same-again/story-e6frg7mf-1225842066397. 

Snake has bone on bone with no cartlidge in between his knee bones.  Unless there is a medical breakthrough there is no cure.

He will be on a restricted training regime for the rest of his career. 

tookey link said:
His injury is nothing like Covell's.  It is more like Shaun Timmins' as per this article http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/shaun-timmins-fears-manly-star-brett-stewart-may-never-be-the-same-again/story-e6frg7mf-1225842066397. 

Snake has bone on bone with no cartlidge in between his knee bones.  Unless there is a medical breakthrough there is no cure.

He will be on a restricted training regime for the rest of his career. 

Weren't they doing an experiment where some mob in WA I think were trying to grow some cartlidge?

mate ive already got scoliosis and a missing digit, i may be an idiot but i sure as hell will live with alot more back pain than knee pain with or without cartlidge !

i get on i am 22 so the pain hasnt set in yet, i spose what i was trying to convey is that would i tbe possible for someone to give cartlidge to brett ? would it work ?

Copa Eagle link said:
ill be willing to give him mine and live a life with arthritis just to see him happy and playing some good footy !

I'd give my daughter anything she needs to live,and when I'm dead,they can harvest anything that the scotch,bourbon and beer has left-but,no stranger is getting anything I may need as long as I'm alive.

Well I'm certain he will appear next season. If he isn't in Rd1 big deal, see him in Rd2. Hope he rests up well for the next few months.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8