Brett Stewart availability for Sat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stevo said:
Do not write off Hiku. That kid will be great one day.

If he plays, let's hope he's great tonight:D I really like Hiku and I know he won't let anybody down, but Brett is irreplaceable. And I hate thinking ahead to next week if we lose. We don't want to lose. If we lose, we're done - pretty much like last year.

Snakes communication with the players is important especially in defence true,but we have players that have been around as long who can do the same.

Time for players like killer,chock & foz to start steering around the park.

bones said:
If Snake was definitely out, wouldn't Manly be trying to keep that from the Roosters until the very last minute (hour)?
I think the wrong info has been intentionally 'leaked'. Snake didn't look injured when he came off against the Storm. He didn't play last week so when did he get 'injured'? I won't surprise me to see him play today.

Choc was also definitely out against the raiders and played so there is still some hope

bones said:
If Snake was definitely out, wouldn't Manly be trying to keep that from the Roosters until the very last minute (hour)?
I think the wrong info has been intentionally 'leaked'. Snake didn't look injured when he came off against the Storm. He didn't play last week so when did he get 'injured'? I won't surprise me to see him play today.

No self surprises today then. lol

I am of the opinion it's " ducks and drakes" and he will be announced as playing about 6pm, I bet the Roosters think that as well

bones said:

I like the optimism but he is definitely out, when there is so much smoke there is bound to be fire.

Just got off the phone to a friend who was at a pub watching last nights game and Brett was there and he was having a couple of beers so I think it's safe to say he is out. Damn ;(

bones said:
Just got off the phone to a friend who was at a pub watching last nights game and Brett was there and he was having a couple of beers so I think it's safe to say he is out. Damn ;(

No that is not a good sign. Mabye he was drinking ginger beers. :)

I guess 2V has made a decision to rest him given our position this week.

bones said:

Surely drinking whilst trying to recover from a hammy injury isnt the smartest thing to be doing?

Ceagle said:
bones said:

Surely drinking whilst trying to recover from a hammy injury isnt the smartest thing to be doing?

How does a beer or two affect the hammy?

If you were the Roosters coach, you would be pretty stupid to sigh relief at the prospect of Snake being out. Especially with Hiku ready to fill in. They will be preparing for us to be full strength, and we should be doing the same for them.
Our forwards should be in the mindset that JWH will play today (we know he's not, but don't relax about that) and that he will rip in and try to dominate us if we don't fire first. Finals footy means a dramatic lift in intensity, so there should be no mental shortcuts.

bones said:
Ceagle said:
bones said:

This is irrelevant, but bones your next post is your 5000th. Noiticed it so i thought i would mention it. :)

bones said:
Ceagle said:
bones said:

He had to sprint to the bar and back so Tooves wouldn't see him. lol

Seriously though, alcohol inhibits the healing process of all injuries. When was he drinking?

mozgrame said:
bones said:
Ceagle said:
bones said:

Seriously though, alcohol inhibits the healing process of all injuries. When was he drinking?

I fail to see how a beer last night will do any harm if he is not playing today. I'm pretty sure he would have had just one or two and didn't get wasted.

Eagles2nv said:
bones said:
Ceagle said:
bones said:

This is irrelevant, but bones your next post is your 5000th. Noiticed it so i thought i would mention it. :)

Lol happy birthday to me. Where's my present?

You could have made your 5000th post something memorable, like "I just got off the phone with Brett and he has confirmed he is in tonight "

bones said:
mozgrame said:
bones said:
Ceagle said:
bones said:

I fail to see how a beer last night will do any harm if he is not playing today. I'm pretty sure he would have had just one or two and didn't get wasted.

Eagles2nv said:
bones said:
Ceagle said:
bones said:

Soft tissue injury management requires reducing blood flow to the area in order to contain the injury. Consuming alcohol has the opposite effect. It increases blood flow to the area, which is likely to extend recovery time following injury.

That being said....if he had a beer or two last night, I would assume he will play today. No injury to worry about.

bones said:
mozgrame said:
bones said:
Ceagle said:
bones said:

Eagles2nv said:
bones said:
Ceagle said:
bones said:

waits for telecrap reporter to read this thread lol

mozgrame said:
bones said:
mozgrame said:
bones said:
Ceagle said:

Eagles2nv said:
bones said:
Ceagle said:

Soft tissue injury management requires reducing blood flow to the area in order to contain the injury. Consuming alcohol has the opposite effect. It increases blood flow to the area, which is likely to extend recovery time following injury.

That being said....if he had a beer or two last night, I would assume he will play today. No injury to worry about.

Yep you are correct. It's a big no no bones, doesn't matter if he only had one or two with how against the clock he is he shouldn't be having a drop. I remember Jennings a few years back got dropped by Penrith for just having a few beers trying to come back from injury.

I think Bones is planting misinformation to lead News journalists and Roosters spies astray.

Well done.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8