Brett does it again.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We all know what a great person Brett is.

Although it is a little late to organise attending, thought people would like to know what great character Brett has and how willing he is to lend a hand.

Save the date : 12th April 2013
A fundraiser is being held for former St Clair Comets player David (Macca) McInerney to financially help him through a tough time.
Only 2 days to go. Yay! Doors will open at 6:30pm.
I can now announce that our special guests on the night will be Reni Maitua from the Parramatta Eels and Brett Stewart from the Manly Sea Eagles. Both guys did not hesitate to give up their spare time to attend the event so huge props to them both for that. Even bigger thank you to Justin Horo for helping us organise the boys. Legend Justo!

All are welcome so please feel free to bring friends whether they know Macca or not. The more the merrier we say! Kids are also welcome and will of course be granted entry for free.

We have plenty of games, entertainment and fun night planned for the night so it should be a good one. Macs and his family can't wait to see you all there!

For those who aren't aware, our boy was recently diagnosed with an uncommon cancer. He has caught it in the early stages but needs further treatment. Macca is currently undergoing an extremely intense course of Chemotherapy and will be off work for some time. I need not explain how tough this will be on Ash, his family and of course himself.
To relieve some of the financial pressure and to ensure that he can concentrate on making a full recovery, we will be holding a fundraising night in April. 100% of the proceeds will go straight to David. The night will include auctions, raffles, fun, games and a general good time, while raising some money for our boy and showing him how much we love, care and support him.

Horo seems to have a great off-field attitude to community and engaging with where he came from. A very good grounding and potentially the man to fill the gap for the squad once Kite and Joe have moved on.

That he can easily engage with his new teammates to achieve outcomes like this paints a very healthy attitude within the squad that even the new guys are easily engaging with.

Makes me wonder now what the fuss was about when Des was leaving.

Yeah, good luck to David.

This was probably posted somewhere else, but it seems as good a place as any to re-post anyway.

"MANLY superstar Brett Stewart has emerged as the unlikely guiding light behind the resurrection of Tigers cub James Tedesco.

Stewart was one of the first players to offer Tedesco support just over a year ago, when the Australian Schoolboy suffered a devastating ACL tear on debut.

The pair have remained in touch ever since and fittingly came face-to-face when Tedesco made his long-awaited NRL return against the Sea Eagles in Gosford last week.

Stewart, whose career was threatened after back-to-back knee surgery in 2008 and 2009, wasted no time welcoming his young rival back.

"He got me on one of the first tackles I took and said, 'G'day mate, how's the knee?'" Tedesco said.

"I looked up and saw him and was kind of starstruck. We also spoke after the game and he wanted to know how everything was going.

"He watched me in NSW Cup on television the week before and said I looked good. To get advice from someone like Brett Stewart gives you a lot of confidence.

After watching last week's game from their lounge room, Tedesco's parents John and Rosmarie travelled to Melbourne with bated breath.

"The last time we went to watch him play first grade, he got badly injured, so we thought we'd stay at home last week," John said.

"He handled it really well. He's just got this determination to make it through things.

"Even when he first did the injury and we drove him home from the game, he didn't get too down.

"Getting messages and advice from people like Brett Stewart was also a huge encouragement."

Tedesco also contacted Stewart late last year, when his reconstructed knee was struggling to cope with the demands of pre-season.

The 20-year-old was forced to undergo a second round of surgery to clean-out his meniscus.

"People were telling me all sorts of different things about what I should do," Tedesco said.

"Brett had similar injuries to mine, so I messaged him for advice.

"He made my choice a bit easier. I decided to get everything cleaned out and it hindered my pre-season for a few weeks.""

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-fullback-brett-stewarts-healing-words-for-wests-tigers-james-tedesco/story-e6frexs9-1226614445852

Good job to Brett and the rest of the boys lending a hand and fingers crossed for David's recovery.

And to simon64 to be doing all this when his son has been diagnosed with an uncommon form of cancer is just amazing.

Best wishes to your son, you and your family.

2 massive thumbs up!

Volley said:
Stewart, whose career was threatened after back-to-back knee surgery in 2008 and 2009, wasted no time welcoming his young rival back.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-fullback-brett-stewarts-healing-words-for-wests-tigers-james-tedesco/story-e6frexs9-1226614445852

2008? Since when did Brett have a career threatening knee surgery in 2008? To my recollection, his knee problem only arose after his 4 week banning in 2009 which resulted in surgery to fix the problem and then the following year he had the other knee done.

Jethro said:
Volley said:

2008? Since when did Brett have a career threatening knee surgery in 2008? To my recollection, his knee problem only arose after his 4 week banning in 2009 which resulted in surgery to fix the problem and then the following year he had the other knee done.

Correct. However it's the Bellylaugh we are talking about here - re-writing history for longer than most of us care to remember.

Funny how the commentary team were talking about Tedesco the other week and that he had sought out other players who had gone through similar knee recons for advice, mentioned Brett Tate and someone else, no mention of Brett S at all, what a surprise.

MissKate said:
Funny how the commentary team were talking about Tedesco the other week and that he had sought out other players who had gone through similar knee recons for advice, mentioned Brett Tate and someone else, no mention of Brett S at all, what a surprise.
Brett's knee problems were not the same as Tedesco's, he did mention that he was absolutely stoked that Brett gave him a call to boost his morale.

globaleagle said:
Good job to Brett and the rest of the boys lending a hand and fingers crossed for David's recovery.

And to simon64 to be doing all this when his son has been diagnosed with an uncommon form of cancer is just amazing.

Best wishes to your son, you and your family.

2 massive thumbs up!

Seconded.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8