1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bowen versus Beaver

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Ryan, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,100 / 287
    I know it's a bit of a small point to pick on, but I found it amusing that in round 2, 2006, with exactly the same referee, Beaver says to the ref, "How is that sir?", as he's running back into the defensive line, and gets 10 minutes in the sin bin, completely turning the match in their favour (Nth Qld's).
    But when Matt Bowen directly asks the ref how many chances he is going to give us, suggesting the ref is cheating - is told that "I have a sense of humour" (talking about Clarke), and to get back into the defensive line.

If you take Bowen off for those 10 minutes, "potentially" 2 tries in that period may not have been scored.

If I was Des, I'd show Finch evidence of both these events, and ask where is Clarkes consistency. That's all that is fair is it not?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel sorry for Canberra - they are going to be facing a wounded Eagle. Manly by PLENTY this week !!!

2. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    the only thing clark was consistant with was missing forward passes

3. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    your memory is way to good Ryan! or im just getting OLD!

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    JK, you need the DVD collection ryan has to improve you memory and a lot of spare time waiting for the bub to pop probably doesnt help.

give him a couple of months of not time for tv and he will be struggling to remember like the rest of us

5. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Agreed, Clarke is a problem for us. He hates Choc and has problems seeing diagonaly. The second try for them was a disgrace.

6. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Clark has reffed Manly 29 times for only 11 wins by Manly!!!