Bourbon Becky death threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No. And we should be very careful with our constant linking of the two. It could leave us open to any number of lawsuits from any of the fine distillers of this quality product. By associating the two, and insinuating that bourbon is the cause of her rants is slandering the name of this fine spirit.

;)
Where have you been moz?

Where have you been moz?

I am the Scarlet Pimpernel! They seek me here, they seek me there....lol

Mate, I've been busier than a Syrian bricklayer lately. What have I missed? How are the Titans going with their preparations for next year??

Surely Gallop didn't issue a knee-jerk ban with out initiating, or allowing for, due legal process......

There's a risk of not seeing the forest for the trees here. The A-League do have a major, major issue with anti-social behaviour from their fans. THAT is the forest.

Isn't the emotional outrage clouding the issue here? Isn't this the exact same standard of reporting which we, as a community, have accepted as normal for decades? People accused are reported in the press (if considered newsworthy) before they've had any chance at natural justice through the courts. This is standard practice in the press. To have reported the people's names here is essentially no different. Isn't it?

The reporting of facts (i.e the bannings) is one thing. The presumption of levels of guilt before access to natural justice through appeal is another. I don't know what avenues the people had available to them to challenge the bannings. But I would expect and hope the FFA would not ban without significant damning evidence.

Brett Stewart being reported as accused was one matter. The widespread implicit assumption of guilt throughout the press, and from Gallop, was where the actions crossed a deeply prejudicial line. It is that form of overreach which should gain our outrage.

The issue being that an ejection from a sporting ground does not constitute an arrest (in most instances). Even that of a banning order. I know first hand as I was banned from grounds within England for football hooliganism when I was younger, however was never arrested.

Therefore these people have effectively been criminalised and named without committing a crime. With no due process occurring and no right of reply to defend themselves. I am surprised that a class action defamation suite has not been lodged.

I am the Scarlet Pimpernel! They seek me here, they seek me there....lol

Mate, I've been busier than a Syrian bricklayer lately. What have I missed? How are the Titans going with their preparations for next year??
They're busy at schoolies by all accounts

The issue being that an ejection from a sporting ground does not constitute an arrest (in most instances). Even that of a banning order. I know first hand as I was banned from grounds within England for football hooliganism when I was younger, however was never arrested.

Therefore these people have effectively been criminalised and named without committing a crime. With no due process occurring and no right of reply to defend themselves. I am surprised that a class action defamation suite has not been lodged.
That is an over-reach. No criminalisation has occurred. And they do have rights to sue for defamation, and as a group. To prove defamation, my understanding is that they have to establish to the court's satisfaction both that damage has occurred, AND that the statements were untrue. If the statements can be shown to be true then the defamation claim would not succeed.

Nothing would please me more than for News Ltd to be sued successfully by any people with legitimate complaints.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8