Bolters for nsw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I understand the Carney thing, just find Maloney a bit over rated and I couldn't trust his defence at that level

Grant debuted last year and acquired himself well so I'd say he will be there again

Kiwi Eagle said:
I understand the Carney thing, just find Maloney a bit over rated and I couldn't trust his defence at that level

Grant debuted last year and acquired himself well so I'd say he will be there again

The only reason why I give Maloney a chance is because of his support play and hole running. I don't think NSW can out play QLD with scheming halves no matter who they pick, but if we use off loads and capitalise on some second phase play I think thats the Blues best chance of scoring an upset and I think Maloney fits the bill for that style of play.

I do like what Robbie F did last year but after so many losses I'd try Carney at hooker and have a Buhrer type on the bench, if the halves are struggling drop carney back to 5/8. He can also cover fullback if needed. We can't get any worse then all the losses we have had and more attack might equal more points.

Can't see Snake missing out, but wouldn't be surprised if in the next few weeks on current form Gordon plays his way into a spot, perhaps at Hayne's expense if he fails to ignite. his goal kicking is an added advantage. With a tight series expected a high % goal kicker would have to be in selectors sights for the team and i can't see Adam Reynolds getting picked just yet (until NSW lose game one and they bring out the broom). Maloney would still be slightly ahead of him on experience alone.. behind the current position holders.

stewie
Hayne
morris
jennings
Morris
bird
Pearce
merrin
gallen
watmough
tamau
farrah
grant

lewis
James
woods
t rex

Kiwi Eagle said:

Grant did acquire a spot last year and acquitted himself well.

Bird for five-eight. He is a true Original style player, and none of the mooted options are good enough to contain Thurston.
NSW has plenty of second rowers, so we don't need Bird to play there.
I don't think Brenton Lawrence would look out of place in the front row for NSW.

The Who said:
Bird for five-eight. He is a true Original style player, and none of the mooted options are good enough to contain Thurston.
NSW has plenty of second rowers, so we don't need Bird to play there.
I don't think Brenton Lawrence would look out of place in the front row for NSW.

Backrow yes, but not five eight. When he plays 6, he thinks he's got skills like Cliffy and is some outstanding ball player. It worked once against the Kiwis but every other time its been a disaster whether it be for club, state or country.

Im pretty sure Bird has won 3 MOTM in Origins at 6, it is at least 2 anway

Having said that though I wouldn't be picking him there. Carney is the man if fit

Kiwi Eagle said:
Dan79 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Haha solid pick up, who knows why the hell I wrote that

It sounded close enough. So was good enough. I couldn't resist the pickup.

Dan79 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Dan79 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Haha solid pick up, who knows why the hell I wrote that

It sounded close enough. So was good enough. I couldn't resist the pickup.

Lol I dish out enough crap like that to have to take the medicine back myself

Crusher_Cleal said:
Find me a better 17 than this:
1.Stewart
2.Hayne
3.Morris
4.Jennings
5.Merritt
6.Maloney
7.Pearce
8.Gallen
9.Farah
10.Tamou
11.Watmough
12.Bird
13.Lewis
14.T.Sims
15.Hoffmann
16.Hunt
17.Merrin

I'm a NSW supporter and it pains me to say it but....
Greg Inglis, Darius Boyd, Dane Nielsen, Justin Hodges, Brent Tate, Jonathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker, Matt Gillett, Dave Taylor, Ben Hannant, David Shillington..

Having said that - that line up does not scare me as much as it has previously. Surely we are a chance this year...surely.. :s

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
i dont get all the josh reynolds talk. To me he is just travis burns who doesnt step off the left every time he gets the ball.

And whoever mentioned lawrence might be close. He is going really well, has great footwork, plays good minutes and seems to love the collision

Bird has played well at 6 and in recent years in the back row has provided a lot of the ball that leads to nsw opportunities. I dont think carney will be right by then anyway

Daley has just all but guaranteed that injury free Stewart is the NSW fullback and Hayne and Morris are his wings with Nathan Merritt just in behind

It is really honest stuff from Daley in the bit I just saw

I think the fact of the matter is that you have to pick Carney if fit. Pearce is not dominant enough in his kicking game to justify picking a running half. Carney brings "X Factor" into his game.

I think Maloney has the fact that he plays alongside Pearce for Easts going for him so he would have to be the logical if Carney is out.

Otherwise it will be a very similar team to last year.

1. Stewart
2. Hayne
3. Jennings
4. Morris
5. Morris
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Grant
9. Farrah
10. Tamou
11. Watmough
12. Bird
13. Gallen

14. Lewis
15. Merrin
16. Hoffman
17. Woods

18. Sims
19. Gidley

1.Snake
2.Hayne
3.Morris
4.Jennings
5.Morris
6.Maloney
7.Pearce
8.Grant
9.Farrah
10.Tamou
11.Watmough
12.Bird
13.Gallen

14.Woods
15.R James
16.Lewis
17.Gidley

1.Snake
2.Hayne
3.Morris
4.Jennings
5.Morris
6.Maloney
7.Pearce
8.Grant
9.Farrah
10.Tamou
11.Watmough
12.Bird
13.Gallen

14.Woods
15. Mannah
16.Lewis
17. J. Reynolds

Kiwi Eagle said:
Carney over Maloney

It isn't even a contest with those 2. Maloney has an extremely limited game, his ball skills are a mile below par and his defence is very ordinary, would be exposed big time in Origin. Maloney's best asset is his running game and support play
Maloney is a better goal kicker, and as others have said, he is building some sort of combination with Pearce. Is his defence really that much worse than Carney's?

I fear Carney may have already had his golden season. Could be wrong, but he seemed a bit overawed last year in Origin. I doubt Maloney would be, he seems a very confident type.

To me Carney is like Mullen in one respect – all the talent in the world but not the mental toughness to get the most out of it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8