Blood youngsters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
It seems many are calling for more youth. Our team does not have enough youngsters they say. Well we are the 4th youngest side and the top 7 sides range from Ave age per team 25.5 to 26.5. Panthers the second youngest team = 24.8 and us 25.2. Experience as well as injuries play important roles in the make up of a season. For all that is happening, I'll still follow these boys. They are Manly so am I.

We'd be the youngest if DESpicable hadn't filled a roster spot with T-Rex.
What a great signing he's turned out to be. DESpicable didn't have enough faith in him to be in our top 17 when we had both our second rowers (Sir Loin and Thompson) out injured.

It's not as simple as getting the average age. You've got to find your perfect mix.

This Manly team just looks stale old and slow in 2020. And the older experienced internationals are the ones struggling. DCE, Jake, Kapow. Our rep players and its probably each ones worst year of NRL individually.

When a kid like Guac comes in and is best on ground, just adds so much energy and is pulling through tackles like we haven't seen in months, you do wonder why he gets dropped back to the bench.

Ditto Cust who went from MOM to out of the 17.

Panthers would have to be a much younger 1-17 then us yeah?

Yes our season is over. Unless we want to write off 2021 with kids being inexperienced. Then yes Must Blood Kids.

It seems many are calling for more youth. Our team does not have enough youngsters they say. Well we are the 4th youngest side and the top 7 sides range from Ave age per team 25.5 to 26.5. Panthers the second youngest team = 24.8 and us 25.2. Experience as well as injuries play important roles in the make up of a season. For all that is happening, I'll still follow these boys. They are Manly so am I.
The thing with some of our younger players they have dominated the junior teams and have a touch of class about them.

Problem at the moment in 2020 we have only weened Funa into the team despite loosing more games than we have won, with a young squad there needs to be more of the younger players getting a chance to show their skills on a consistent basis.

There is no point in having a system that produces juniors like our pathways system for the clubs sustainability if the coach does not have any to give them an opportunity.

Has the age proven to be a factor....in a way it has...those who have given quality youngsters a go, have been repaid by unearthing new stars who have both contributed well individually and actually lifted their respective team as a whole with energy.
It's not a case of simply adding a youngster due to injury...it's a matter of being confident they are ready for the step up in speed, contact and pressure, so it's not just throw any 18yo old in, but if they have a higher ceiling than the depth player in that position it is time to consider the option.
There is no "Perfect answer" as ppl will have good reasons about when , who , how and why youngsters are ready....but the ONLY voice that will be heard is coach Hasler, so gotta just hope the troops he selects can get it done.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8