BJ Lawrence future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I read on Facebook (so we know its 110% true....Lol) that his move to the Rorters will be announced tomorrow.

I'm still wondering why, as he only had 2016 to run on his contract ( as far as I know) and surely we are not going to pick up anyone else at this late stage.....are we??

It all points to one more singing for 2016 otherwise it's pointless letting him go. He would be a great asset to our roster for this year. Hmmm....?
Where there is smoke there is fire!

I read on Facebook (so we know its 110% true....Lol) that his move to the Rorters will be announced tomorrow.

I'm still wondering why, as he only had 2016 to run on his contract ( as far as I know) and surely we are not going to pick up anyone else at this late stage.....are we??
I still think all the Tamou moving talk went very quiet. He's obviously not resigning but the talks of him moving have died right out which is usually when Bozo strikes.

Or it could be that we need to free up cap space for 2017 and at this point in his career BJ is a more viable option regarding age and length of contract to his new club now, than waiting after another year of bashing it out trying to get into top grade with us. Whilst I expect it would always be what's best for the club, it probably works out better for him as well, as it will with Peta.
The club can then load more $ into 2016 (if that theory holds).
If story is true, shame to lose him just the same.

Late stage? Roosters are still signing players lol.

I still think all the Tamou moving talk went very quiet. He's obviously not resigning but the talks of him moving have died right out which is usually when Bozo strikes.

I have been suspicious on this for a long time.
Considering the club came out and said we didn't need to move Hiku to get Walker suggests that we still had coin in the piggy bank to play with.
Bozo is a massive fan on Tamou and he fits our bill perfect.
I'm with u on this one Loobs but let's see what happens....

The rehab group miss out on having a wrestle. No Buhrer, Moltzen,Jorge,DCE or Knight. Makes one wonder how bad BJ's back can be, for him to be there kitted up. But there is a few people now, very confident an announcement will occur tomorrow. Bozo is up to something alright.

Now who is who in the zoo here? See if I have this right. Is that Hugh Pratt far right? And Knee strapping um Rhys Armstrong may be? Who is far left and the little fella between Vave and Mateo?

If we had the Money Who would you like seen at our club next season.
Personally I would like BJ to Stay. But if he is really going to the Rorters I would like to see Klemmer or Shaun Lane or Cartwright from Penrith.

So nothing yet on Lawrence? Today was d day. I did see that the rorters released a statement only yesterday that Jennings would be at the club in 2016. It has been suggested Roosters refused to pay part of his 2016 contract to go the parra.

I do seem to recall Souths saying something similar recently, so not sure I would say the deal is off yet. clubs arguing over the amount is all.

Lawrence and Copley moving to the roosters you would imagine is dependant on Jennings moving on.

So nothing yet on Lawrence? Today was d day. I did see that the rorters released a statement only yesterday that Jennings would be at the club in 2016. It has been suggested Roosters refused to pay part of his 2016 contract to go the parra.

I do seem to recall Souths saying something similar recently, so not sure I would say the deal is off yet. clubs arguing over the amount is all.

Lawrence and Copley moving to the roosters you would imagine is dependant on Jennings moving on.

Yep as we have seen, one moves and so do 1 or 2 others, all dependant on Jennings I'd suggest .

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
Seems really dumb to go release Lawrence for the last year of his contract, we have nothing to gain by this...... Even if we get 10 games...... Unless the money we save by moving him on and not spending all this years cap, we could spend on top of Next year....... If anyone has an idea how it could work in our favour I'd love to hear it...... At this late stage of the off season it's not likely we are going to replace him with anyone better.

Releasing Lawrence wouldn't free up enough $ for Klemmer, Cordner or Tamou. Why would we need to get rid of him now if they were the targets anyway, as none of that trio are going to be released from their respective clubs?
The only reason I can think of for wanting to move Lawrence on now would be.....
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12