Big names in manly roster shake up daily telegraph

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
But then he makes up for his occasionally (seemingly) uncoordinated style with a great tackle, an offload to his winger who goes onto score, a great decoy run, or a good hit up; not to mention the occasional try, often at a critical juncture in the game.

Parker is wholeheartedness personified. So is Harper. That’s why many of us like Parker and Harper. Their good points more than compensate for their weak points, e.g. relative lack of pace. If only one or two more highly touted players in the side played with the same intensity.
I don't entirely disagree but realistically he is only just first grade quality. I'd pick dozens of others ahead of him if they were at our club.

I don't entirely disagree but realistically he is only just first grade quality. I'd pick dozens of others ahead of him if they were at our club.
Sure…but how many of them would join Manly and could the club afford them?

There’s that old adage - ‘A bird in the hand…’

Time to focus on the new kids coming through
Don't know if it's so much that. I think it may just be a better balance for the team. I can't remember the last time turbo returned a kick with venom, stepped or evaded a defender, had a quick play the ball on tackle zero. Starts to the sets are so so important

Don't know if it's so much that. I think it may just be a better balance for the team. I can't remember the last time turbo returned a kick with venom, stepped or evaded a defender, had a quick play the ball on tackle zero. Starts to the sets are so so important
True. Im really not sure if Turbo could handle the rigours of being a fullback anymore. The move to centre seems to be gaining momentum. I think Koula over the years has been underused.

Was looking back at Tom in 21, he seemed much bigger, as in bulk muscle, seem to recall a few of the so called experts laying the blame for his injuries on the fact his frame was carrying to much muscle to soon for his own personal development, only speculating but he seemed to either pay attention, believe in the theory as he looked to have shed a reasonable amount of bulk coming into 23, wouldn’t of helped his confidence hitting the ball up, unlike 21 where he hit the line hard and full of running.

His injury this year, who knows, if he was carrying his 21 frame would it of still happened? Can’t say. I hope Tommy gets in the gym and packs back on the muscle coming into 24, would love to see his physic looking like 21 and wouldn’t mind his game returning to something like his 21 season too.

I might be wrong, I’ve only looked at photos and he definitely seemed a bigger unit in 21 to me. I’d be happy to seem him bulk back up and play centre, especially with Koula’s speed and potential to offer us something pretty exciting out the back. Anyway if Tom plays 1, 3 or 4 I still hope he bulks up and maybe he‘ll hit the ball up and run with the same venom he showed before his run of injuries and playing leaner in 23. Oh and meant to say, there’s no way to say the bulk was behind his injuries, the cause or the reason, but you can say his form was better and his confidence sky high, muscled up. His bodies 3 years older now and ready to carry the load, forget the prospect of injury, can‘t think that way, it‘s as good as over if he does.

Last edited:
Or even better, have both? Let me remind you of something:
wow you forget how good he is and the vision he has on the field ,fantastic reel,thank you
I notice the Schu also giving Tom some great balls when he is on the field in some of those clips and looking good himself .
2024 will be looking great if we can get a run with injuries with the likes of DCE, Tom, the Schu and Koula along with a solid forward pack with a 1 2 punch with Croker and Gordy ,its lookout NRL here comes Manly !!!

A roster shake up won't be an guaranteed fix just look at the Dogs. We need all of the ingredients to make the cake. It is a start provided the recruitment is done well and to this point our recruitment and retention have been questionable.

Not many fullbacks run the ball back with venom these days especially on tackle zero, mostly the job of the wingers.
These days most teams kick plans are around controlling where he ( and other fullbacks ) receive the ball so he either takes the tackle thus taking him out of at least the next two plays or he hands it off to the wingers.
It's where he is and gets the ball on plays 3, 4 and 5 that he excels in attack, can get a quick ptb with a strong mid set charge, plus he's way better under the high ball and defensively.

He was playing in the centres when he buggered up his pec this year.
I think I get more concerned and get flashbacks of Tommy doing his hammy against Souths when he took a return kick.
I breathed a massive sigh of relief when Tom Burgess decided to let him go to ground instead of smashing him like how Topine smashed Rhys Walsh a few weeks ago.

Was looking back at Tom in 21, he seemed much bigger, as in bulk muscle, seem to recall a few of the so called experts laying the blame for his injuries on the fact his frame was carrying to much muscle to soon for his own personal development, only speculating but he seemed to either pay attention, believe in the theory as he looked to have shed a reasonable amount of bulk coming into 23, wouldn’t of helped his confidence hitting the ball up, unlike 21 where he hit the line hard and full of running.

His injury this year, who knows, if he was carrying his 21 frame would it of still happened? Can’t say. I hope Tommy gets in the gym and packs back on the muscle coming into 24, would love to see his physic looking like 21 and wouldn’t mind his game returning to something like his 21 season too.

I might be wrong, I’ve only looked at photos and he definitely seemed a bigger unit in 21 to me. I’d be happy to seem him bulk back up and play centre, especially with Koula’s speed and potential to offer us something pretty exciting out the back. Anyway if Tom plays 1, 3 or 4 I still hope he bulks up and maybe he‘ll hit the ball up and run with the same venom he showed before his run of injuries and playing leaner in 23. Oh and meant to say, there’s no way to say the bulk was behind his injuries, the cause or the reason, but you can say his form was better and his confidence sky high, muscled up. His bodies 3 years older now and ready to carry the load, forget the prospect of injury, can think that way, it‘s as good as over if he does.
I noticed before his US rehab trip, he was breaking a lot of tackles. Post US trip he seems not able to break free and beat multiple players like he used to.

I noticed before his US rehab trip, he was breaking a lot of tackles. Post US trip he seems not able to break free and beat multiple players like he used to.
Yer, I don’t think the US trip was a good thing, he come back leaned off, with too many noises in his head, don’t think trying to change his running gate was a very positive thing either.

I’d just like to see Tom forget it all, bulk back up, come back next year and play footy. If it’s meant to be, it will be, if the body breaks or let’s him down again it’s probably over anyway.

I think I get more concerned and get flashbacks of Tommy doing his hammy against Souths when he took a return kick.
I breathed a massive sigh of relief when Tom Burgess decided to let him go to ground instead of smashing him like how Topine smashed Rhys Walsh a few weeks ago.

I did enjoy that hit on Walsh 🤭

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10